[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick one from each row. >Talk Talk >Sigur Ros >Coldplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: post-rock.jpg (117 KB, 255x380) Image search: [Google]
post-rock.jpg
117 KB, 255x380
Pick one from each row.

>Talk Talk
>Sigur Ros
>Coldplay
>>
>>60832795
>2 good albums
>1 good albums
>0 good albums
eh
>>
>>60832795
slint
gy!be
explosions in the sky
>>
>>60832816
What, the albums or the bands
For the albums, I'll take Spiderland, Agaetis and Rush of Blood
For the bands, I'll take Talk Talk, GY!BE and EITS
>>
>>60832845

What I would choose.
>>
>>60832816
this to be honest
>>
>>60832795
>Talk Talk
>Sigur Rós
>Explosions in the Sky
>>
>>60832795
talk talk
gybe
exp. in the sky
>>
>>60832795
Laughing Stock
Skinny Fists
Rush of Blood to the Head
>>
>>60832816
>>60832886
kill yourselves honestly
>>
I'll just take Slint and Talk Talk and you can have the rest
>>
>>60832795
>Slint
>Godspeed
>Coldplay
The fact that explosions in the sky is compared to coldplay is laughable, they're no where near the quality
>>
>>60832795
>post-rock post-rock
>post-rock post-rock
>post-rock britpop
?
>>
>>60833033
>Profit
>>
File: idontknow.jpg (7 KB, 278x182) Image search: [Google]
idontknow.jpg
7 KB, 278x182
Why does everyone hate EitS now?'

Anyway:
>Laughing Stock
>Ágætis byrjun
>The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
>>
>none
>sigur ros
>explosions
>>
>>60833524
contrarianism

eits pioneered the third wave post-rock sound yet they're put in the same level as their copycats
>>
>>60833620
And One Direction pioneered the modern boy band sound.

It doesn't matter if EITS was original at the time. Looking back, it's still contrived and dull music.
>>
>>60832904
this jesus christ
anyone who thinks differently should leave this board
1st row: Literally the band that invented post-rock vs. a slow post-hardcore/math rock band
2nd row: YUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAA vs. the most epic crescendos in all of popular music
3d row: le average album vs shit album
>>
>>60832795

Talk talk, hard choice though
Gbye
EITS
>>
entire right side
>>
>>60835316
>talk talk invented post-rock

where did you fucking idiots come from
>>
> Talk Talk
> GY!BE
> EITS
>>
slint
sigur ros
EITS
>>
talk talk / gy!be / both suck
>>
>>60837099
i wish someone would talk about EITS with me. I just wanna have a real discussion about The Rescue.
>>
>>60837138
Apparently their van broke down and they were stuck in my city according to that part where they're talking on The Rescue.

Also:
Talk Talk
GY!BE
EITS

I don't even know what bottom right is to be honest (seen it posted a few times) but willing to bet it's just some more generic third wave trash. At least EITS was unique before 10,000 bands started copying their style.
>>
So I've tried again and again to get into Spiderland, and I just couldn't, in the past. I think it might be because I thought it was just rock (I don't know why I I thought so). Is there a certain atmosphere I should be to listen to it?
>>
>>60837276
Spiderland clicked for me first listen which doesn't happen to me for a lot of music
>>
>>60832845
Same.
>>
>>60832897
>>60833524

das
>>
>>60832845
this t b h
>>
>>60837276

Dunno why but the first time i listened spiderland i just fell in love with it. Maybe is just not your album but i love their dissonance and their lack of pretentious.
>>
One of these albums doesn't fit in that image.
>>
>>60834894
>contrived and dull
Eh I don't know about that man. They play with a lot of passion and soul and actually came up with some really original stuff which can't be said for their copycats. I don't think you'd understand unless you started listening to them when they started and then heard all the generic shit which came after.
Maybe you just don't really enjoy that style of post-rock? I don't either for the most part but I do think they made some really incredible stuff and you'd really have to sit down and listen to them. But maybe I'm just biased cause I've been a fan for 15+ years.
>>
slint
sigur ros
neither
>>
>>60837909
bottom right
>>
>>60833524
>now

/mu/ has always hated EitS and rightfully so
>>
>>60838167
>implying you were around 10 years ago
>>
>>60838265
>implying any opinion before 2009 matters
>>
Wow since when did talk talk become /mu core ?

Someone has been memeing the fuck out of talk talk lately. Is that you Tim Friese-Greene ?
>>
>>60837276
i liked to do urban exploring a few years ago, and i would usually settle for the night somewhere and listen to some music i've been trying to get into, i would bring a book and some basic shit to cook with.

i listened to Spiderland for the first time in a hayloft just outside of town, i prepped some cozy stuff in the hayloft door so i could lay down and listen to music, it was definitely one of the best experiences i had with listening to albums for the first time. especially as an impressionable teenager who has dealt with anxiety in small ways, Don Aman is a song i could really relate to under the stars.

i also once listened to Lift Your Skinny fists on a construction site at night during a rainstorm, i had to shelter inside a tower of concrete piping for the entire night, it was a pretty good soundtrack to the situation before i got chased out.
>>
File: postrock.jpg (2 MB, 1189x1096) Image search: [Google]
postrock.jpg
2 MB, 1189x1096
pick one from each row of this chart
>>
>>60838367
>implying any opinion matters
>>
>>60838388
Seriously? It's been posted like crazy for like 8 years. So many ignorant new fucks.
>>
>>60838417
Hex
None
None
Spiderland
Millions Now Living...
Laughing Stock

List is pretty shit
>>
>>60838417
DI Go Pop
Ticket Crystals
Upgrade & Afterlife
Quique
Soundtracks
Laughing Stock
>>
>>60838695
it's not shit you just have really basic taste

forgot to post my picks btw

>di go pop
>constance
>rock it to the moon
>spiderland (shit row desu)
>handrwiting
>laughing stock
>>
>>60832870
thissss
>>
>>60838780
Nah, I've listened to pretty much everything there and have been a pretty huge post-rock fan for most of my life. Pram, Cul De Sac, Stereolab, Labradford, Rachel's, and Dirty Three are pretty good but they have better albums. There's also a lot of better and more bands relevant to post-rock missing (A Silver Mt. Zion, Cerberus Shoal, Do Make Say Think, Fridge, Grails, Mogwai, Mono, Red Sparowes, The Drift, ... )
>>
>>60838417
>Hex
>N/A
>See It Another Way
>Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements
>Millions Now Living Will Never Die
>Laughing Stock
>>
>>60832845
Same.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.