[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on Electric Light Orchestra?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Time.jpg (47 KB, 480x470) Image search: [Google]
Time.jpg
47 KB, 480x470
Opinion on Electric Light Orchestra?
>>
meme music
>>
>>60823934
Love some of their stuff, haven't listened to full albums yet so my opinion isn't valid by my own standards but I really like what I have heard.

Fire on High is one of my go to early morning songs for instance.
>>
>>60823934
they have some good songs but I wouldn't sit down to listen to an entire album
>>
Each of their albums seem to have a few standout songs.

I like them overall though.
>>
They are one of those 70s bands that had a few good tracks per album but shat out albums at an alarming rate so ended up with a decent repertoire of decent songs, but not great album to define them.

They're the type of band where it's totally ok to pick up a greatest hits and not feel bad about diving deeper into their discography.
>>
I kind of agree with you but Out of the blue (their most "famous" album) kind of defined them in some ways.
Still the album is over rated
>>
>>60824047
Yeah except ELO is not one of those bands. Discovery and Time are both consistently great albums.
>>
The Diary of Horace Wimp is a ridiculously underrated song
>>
all of their albums are great up to balance of power

>>60824047
>They're the type of band where it's totally ok to pick up a greatest hits and not feel bad about diving deeper into their discography.
except no it isnt
>>
>>60825174
i agree

it's kinda of a rewrite of the middle 8th of a day in the life and mr blue sky
>>
>>60823934
>>60823962

This for the most part for me too. I've actually been meaning to get into them but their discog is a bit staggering. What's a good album start point?
>>
>>60825244
secret messages

Face the Music
>>
Twilight is a pretty great song
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.