[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kurt "12 Gauge Mouthwash" Cobain >Kurt "What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: cobain.jpg (144 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
cobain.jpg
144 KB, 600x399
>Kurt "12 Gauge Mouthwash" Cobain
>Kurt "What are you doing here Billy-" Cobain
>Kurt "Blowbrains" Cobain
What are your thoughts about this man and his cultural impact?
>>
There's been like 5 threads about him today, what the fuck? Did his daughter die or what?
Hate his music, hate his image, but he seemed like a nice fellow. And sadly I think his musical impact is huge, which is why most rock music just isn't for me nowadays.
>>
>>60821736
Why you like hair metal or something?
>>
>>60821784
Some, but not particularly. I like blues rock, but even blues rock nowadays is filled by tryhards on a race to the bottom on who can sing the worst and have the shittiest recording quality.
>>
>>60821807
Do you like noise or punk rock?
>>
>>60821819
I'm a huge fan of punk rock.
I like noise rock, but again; not particularly.
Not much of a rock guy, really, because most acts nowaday bear his influence one way or another and that just turns me off. I like old rock, but after 1990 something I just stick to EDM and Jazz.
>>
>>60821725
He was a big guy...
>>
>>60821850
What's his influence exactly? If you go to the root of them all it is is punk or noise rock.
>>
>>60821877
No because he made both of those more palatable. He himself was more influenced by things like Sonic Youth and the Pixies. Which made much sweeter, most definitely not punk, records. So it's just a mix of lack of technique, and lack of polish without the aggression and instead of just shouting now the thing is these long, dead-cow wails as opposed to the fast delivery of say Will Shatter.

He just made palitable, digestable rock have shit quality. He didn't bring any interesting qualities to the table, he just made it so people making comercial alt rock tried to be shit at things *on purpose*.

This is not an offer to debate me, as I'm well aware this is biased. And I'm not pretending this is any well thought of criticism of the man, that's just my feelings on the matter.
>>
>>60821948
Sonic Youth's pre-DY output was definitely some hard hitting noise rock. His favorite album was Raw Power and most of his influences were punk bands. What do you mean shit quality? Nevermind is a standard of production quality in the industry and extremely polished. I'll leave you with that now that I've read your last sentence.
>>
Bleach has some of the most beautiful sludgy punk influenced tunes ive ever had the pleasure of hearing. I would be a massive faggot if I said Nevermind was bad, because its so obviously a 10/10, I just think i overplayed it in high school. In Utero was also god like and deserving of the 10 rating on pitchfork. I saw an interview with kurt before he died talking about how nirvana was headed in a more new wave direction. Shame we never got to hear the stuff they were working on.
>>
>>60822040
You see, that's what I think he means, Kurt never intended his shitty music to be the standard of recording quality, his producers, label etc... Did and that's why he was always sick of his own bullshit 90% of the time IMO.
>try and make dirty sounding lo-fi pop music.
>producers make it the best recording quality around.
Why even live?
>>
>>60822199
That was only the case for one album. He got the noise rock king to record his last.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.