[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Needle Drop circa 2009-2012 was so goddamn good: funny, entertaining,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (324 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
324 KB, 678x678
The Needle Drop circa 2009-2012 was so goddamn good: funny, entertaining, interesting, enlightening. Now it's just forced, unfunny memes, half-baked opinions, and half-assed editing. What happened, Anthony? What happened?
>>
>>60818793
all memes are forced

every last one of them
>>
>>60818822

desu senpai
>>
>>60818793
He paid to much attention to the youtube comments and sjws
>>
He got a new fanbase of 7th graders and started catering to them for cash.

In other words, he is a STUPID FUCKING SELLOUT.
>>
most people suck at their jobs. I link it to boredom with the character he's created. No shame it it Fantano, we all know you'd rather be in a noise band playing festivals.
>>
He won that youtube front page contest because of /mu/.
I was never into Tony Fatnony but it's pretty obvious that he went downhill after he appeared on the front page and got a larger audience.
>>
you spend that much time on social media and you're going to be a pretty boring personality.
i get stubbornly disappointed whenever he calls an artist uncreative.
>>
No, I agree. His content used to be a lot sharper, now it just seems like he's not as hungry. He had to try and make sure every video was quality because his viewerbase was so small. Now that he's over half a million he's grown careless. Plus, he's been doing it for over five years now, so he's bound to get a little bored of it. There is only so much you can do in front of a camera talking about music. Of course he could be making better videos, and hopefully someone (if not him) can take the reigns and make YouTube criticism fun again. But he also has been strecting himself with these podcasts/second channel reviews and shitposts/ running his website and other social media accounts. So to that degree I understand why he's not slaying it anymore, but I still think he could use some motivation. Maybe a YouTube convention?
>>
>>60818862
but he is anti sjw
>>
>>60818940
He used to be sjw long time ago, long long time ago
>>
>tfw still watching fantano after 5 years
>>
>>60818986
He used to be a SJW 2 or 3 days ago
>>
>>60818986
I don't believe that. Go watch his latest videos on his alt and he has been shitting all over sjw shit.
>>
>>60818928
he does what he does well, there are plenty other youtubers to flock to for edgy memes and fun youtube criticism. he never had to be hilarious but there were benefits to tailoring content to his niche audience and now that his audience is bigger there isn't much benefit in doing that. so yeah i agree with you but i also don't think he has to or should change back to how he was before because it will add very little to the quality of his videos for very few people kinda thing.
>>
>>60818928
A young, fresh faced reviewer would so so nice

>>60818996
I only watch the videos on his second channel at this point
>>
It was never good you punk ass bitch
>>
>>60819006
long long long long long long long long long time ago, before you were born
>>
>>60819061
This. You just developed taste.
>>
>>60818793
Nothing happened to Anthony. You grew up.
>>
>>60819227
Something definitely happened to antkee. you can't seriously deny that
>>
>>60818928
this
>>
>>60819010
this
>>
>>60818793

When it becomes their job, many critics suck ass.
>>
>>60819506
Being a critic full time is pretty dumb when you don't have any real background in what you're critiquing. If Dereck Higgings decided to be a critic that would be fucking great, but Tony's young ass... eh. What's he done other than go to punk shows, be in one mediocre no-name band and have a fading connection with NPR?
>>
>>60819560

Robert Christgau, the godfather of music critics, writes reviews that make me want to punch him in the face. They all suck when the reviewer has to listen to so many albums a week.

If I saw Fantano in the street, I'd beat his ass, too. I'm pissed that he is a source of information for others.
>>
>>60819560
Tony ain't even young. He's a 40 something who's done nothing noteworthy in his life.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 705x113) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 705x113
>>60819714
He's exactly 30 years old, come on now
>>
>>60819739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaD-GpnBM68
>>
>>60819867
mild kek
>>
I have never understood the worship he's received. It seriously hurts thinking about his existence
>>
So does anyone actually disagree with his views on sjw's? Nothing he said is disagreeable at all to normal people
>>
>>60819959
Normal people don't use words like "mra" or "sjw". If you use one of those you're already too much of an internet rat.
>>
>>60819975
I'm just saying I know most people don't like sjw's, sure they don't use those terms but nobody likes the nitpicky preachy kid telling everyone how "socially conscious" he is
>>
>>60820018
Get off your computer/phone for fuck sake
>>
>>60820031
you're just trying to derail this shit, sjw's don't only exist on the internet, and unless you are one or don't go outside yourself, you would know that these types of people are a spreading cancer in society, especially universities. Everybody knows these types of people, and they're just as hated in the real world as they are on 4chan and the internet
>>
File: k.gif (2 MB, 400x260) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
2 MB, 400x260
>>60820086
>>
>>60819975
You do realize Fantano criticizes labeling people, right?
>>
>>60819975
guess who didn't go to college
>>
>>60820086
A sensible opinion? On my /mu/? Not while I'm on watch.
>>
>>60818793
there was no needledrop era 2009-2011 he was just a reviewer
>>
>>60818793
he realized that his audience was a bunch of dumb teenager contrarian sheep who are unable to make up their own minds and that all he needed to do to be successful and earn precious youtube monies is to blurt out a bunch of adjectives and wear le quirky hipster nerdy glasses which causes dumb teenagers to think he is some sort of intelligent music genius whose opinion is anyy more worthy than hellen keller's thus his quality went down.
>>
>>60818793

complacency, OP.

Your work ethic when trying to reach the top is the hardest you'll ever work in your life.
>>
>>60818940
>anti sjw
>married to a feminist
>>
How about someone shares some of these many "golden age" Fantano videos that they find funny, entertaining, interesting, and enlightening? I'll wait.
>>
>>60818793
>taking his opinions on music seriously
>>
>>60821913
Just watch any of his early stuff. It's better than his videos in the past few months, for srue
>>
I cannot believe he's still talked about on /mu/. Not even ITAOTS has stuck so long with this board.

He's definitely doing something right. Good for him.
>>
>>60818793
he died
>>
>>60818862
sjw boogeyman did it again*!
>>
1980=fantano born 2000=reviews start 2005-2008=good reviews. golden age of fantano 2009-2012=reviews are changing 2013=some bad reviews but still good 2014=what the fuck is this shit, these arent reviews fantasmo
>>
do you think needledrop threads will ever stop
>>
>>60824036
That's true actually and kinda sad. You'd think you could justify it with him being on youtube and uploading constantly but you don't see /v/ talking about pewdiepie.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.