[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Roy Orbinson? I think his range was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: roy.jpg (81 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
roy.jpg
81 KB, 1920x1080
What's your opinion on Roy Orbinson? I think his range was nearly unparalleled.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ-F80NYwn0
In Dreams live
>>
Essential Frank Booth-core
>>
CRY-I-I-I-ING
OVEEER YOUUUUUUU
(who else thougt the reference on AnCo's new track was cool?)
>>
For real though, he's like legit lightning in a bottle magic. Perhaps the very definition of timeless. I can't think of very many artists from the early days of rock and roll whose work still sounds that great. Maybe Buddy Holly, but even his best stuff doesn't sound as relevant as Roy still does today.
>>
>>60817968
When people speak of a "once in a generation" talent I always think of Roy. What a talent!
>>
>>60817631
Don't you fuckin look at me
>>
>>60817674
I enjoyed it
>>
>>60817674
>AnCo
Who??
>>
deeply weird and great, wrote so many songs that just onward in structure, he wasn't bound by tradition, but that said, he put out a lot of weak stuff and badly written schwank. He's up near the top in his best stuff and utterly unremarkable in the main.
>>
where do i start with roy? particular albums or is he just a singles guy?
>>
>>60819148
His singles are gold. In dreams is one of the best songs ever made in my opinion.
>>
I'm tried of just listening to Best Of's and that black and white live tribute thing.
>>
>>60819148
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qdPOwfw2gQ
Just listen to this, his range... so superb.
>>
Roy is pure fucking class all the way. Its a shame his personal life was filled with so much tragedy, but that's what makes the music so good and heartfelt.
>>
Was he blind? He was always wearing shades
>>
>>60819219
>>60819255

Yeah this and crying are the only songs i've heard thus far, really really like it. downloaded the crying album for shits
>>
>>60817513
Gummo is my favorite movie. I'm slightly above white trash, but I still associated heavily a lesser version of that that type of environment
>>
>>60817996
this post reads like a youtube comment
>>
>>60819263
Just the style of the time
>>
>>60819298
Never heard "only the lonely"?!
>>
>>60817631
>>60818955
That's the other thing about Orbison. It kind of feels like he wasn't of his time even when he was in his prime. He's sort of like this populist version of Scott Walker type figure. He was following his own inner ear when it came to melody really. Feels like you could just isolate his vocals and lay it over today's beats and/or aesthetics and it'd still be a fucking hit.
>>
GOAT Pop singer, no contest.
>>
Crying is one of my favorite songs ever.
>>
>>60817513
van halen's version of pretty woman is better
>>
I cried at Crying when I heard it in Gummo
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.