[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: dumb music trivia you know >while Jethro Tull were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: dzqXAMI.jpg (53 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
dzqXAMI.jpg
53 KB, 760x572
ITT: dumb music trivia you know

>while Jethro Tull were recording Aqualung, during the guitar solo Jimmy Paige walked in. Rather than waving, Martin Barre nodded his head and continued playing.
>>
Rick Wakeman played keyboards on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, they payed him with beer
>>
courtny loveb\ killed curtb\ cobin
>>
>>60817250
>Rather than waving, Martin Barre nodded his head and continued playing

oh really, i thought he was gonna wave to him while he was playing a guitar
>>
>>60817443
i mean he could've stopped and waved
>>
the jesus lizard song mouth breather is about the time britt walford (drummer from slint) got hired by steve albini to housesit and when steve came back the house fucked up
>>
>>60817250
All of the songs for Animal Collective's album "Feels" were originally written on an out-of-tune piano. When they went into the studio to record the album, they tuned all of their instruments to that original out of tune piano. They even brought in a piano technician to de-tune the studio piano to the exact right increments. When he was finished, he stood up and said, "There you go. That piano is perfectly out of tune."
>>
>>60817487
why would he do that when he's in the middle of a solo?
>>
Shortly after the release of Pure Guava, Ween opened for Fugazi while tripping on mushrooms. The crowd hated them and booed for their entire set while they laughed their asses off.

Gener would periodically tell the crowd "YOU LOVE IT" and at one point told them to "COME UP HERE AND GIVE ME A KISS"
>>
>>60817511
because hes a nice fellow idk man
>>
>>60817519
Shit, as a huge fan of both bands this is hella hilarious
>>
During their first show, The Unicorns had a very short setlist so to stretch the show longer they brought the audience some pb&j sandwiches and played Dio on a boombox
>>
Coldplay's bassist joined by approaching them in college while completely drunk and angrily demanding to be let into "the band", and Chris and Johnny were too scared of him to say no.
>>
Steely Dan is a dildo
>>
Despite the name, Aphex Twin is only one person.
>>
No one in Franz Ferdinand is named Franz Ferdinand. Rather they are named after the Archduke of Austria of the same name.
>>
File: sadsad.png (215 KB, 536x386) Image search: [Google]
sadsad.png
215 KB, 536x386
>>60817758
>>
>>60817758
Actually, they're named on a racehorse that had the name Franz Ferdinand.
>>
Blondie is the name of the band, not the woman

Taylor Swift is named after James Taylor

There are two Roger Taylor's and they're both British drummers
>>
>>60817333
he was also pissed at jon and steve at the time for the direction they were going for tfto and left right after even though he came right back after relayer.
>>60817503
i miss this anco
>>60817519
i need video footage of this
>>
David Bowie was so fucked up from cocaine that he remembers practically nothing from the production of Station to Station. I can't recall all of what he did during that time, but he was incredibly paranoid and did some really crazy shit
>>
Sufjan Stevens has killed three children
>>
Radiohead was named after the less known Talking Heads song.
>>
Scaruffi is interested in marriage with children.
>>
Some actually dumb trivia:

During one of Megadeth's recording sessions in Los Angeles in the late 1980s, Dave Mustaine sent his studio engineers out to find a very specific football for the band to throw around during downtime. After four hours of searching through sporting goods stores, the group returned to the studio with the requested football, which Mustaine promptly tossed into the trash. (This story was relayed to me by one of the engineers who was working with the band at the time, a good friend of mine.)

Stevie Ray Vaughn once went two weeks without picking up a guitar while visiting relatives in between recording sessions. When he returned to the studio he found his thick .11 gauge strings too difficult to play since his callouses had deteriorated significantly, so he used scissors (some accounts say a switchblade) to cut the callouses off his feet and glued the skin to his finger tips to record his parts. (Heard this one from Greg Koch at a clinic.)
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 169x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 169x180
>>60819037
>he used scissors (some accounts say a switchblade) to cut the callouses off his feet and glued the skin to his finger tips to record his parts
>>
>>60818472
Look underneath the floorboards
>>
Supposedly Tim Commerford never actually played bass on any of Rage Against the Machine's studio albums. There is no proof that he played on any of them and it's been backed by Morello once in an interview somewhere.
>>
File: 433546342353.png (143 KB, 387x420) Image search: [Google]
433546342353.png
143 KB, 387x420
>>60819645
whaaaat?
>>
Jadakiss got his name from the time that he kissed Jada Pinkett Smith on the lips
>>
>>60819824
hue
>>
>>60817519
>>60817563
>>60818059
what you've got to remember also is that this was the point in their career when their live show was just them and a drum machine that also played the basslines
>>
File: 4.jpg (76 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
76 KB, 500x552
>>60817497
> the house fucked up
I LIKE HIM JUST FINE HES A NICE GUY
>>
(magic) Oneohtrix Point Never is named after the Boston radio station Magic 106.7

Games had to change their name to Ford and Lopatin, because copyright wouldn't differentiate between The Game and Games.
>>
>>60817933
James Taylor Swift would be a okay hipster band name.

One Direction comes from an ancient Anglo Saxon term for unrepentant sinners. "Fer thy sinners petchulence, thar be only One Direction; doon to Hades"
>>
The Beatles' name isn't actually referring to the instect Beatle, but rather it's a pun on words about the musical term (beat) and Les Paul
>>
File: DurtBlowBrains.jpg (252 KB, 918x474) Image search: [Google]
DurtBlowBrains.jpg
252 KB, 918x474
Kurt Cobain used a sewing needle and sharpie ink to tattoo a K Records logo on his arm, because he wanted something to "try and remind him to always stay a child", and he couldn't think of anything more childish than tattooing a company logo on himself.

This HellaEdgyâ„¢ social statement has inspired countless teenage Durt Blowbrain lovers to tattoo themselves with the same logo, including, (unfortunately), yours truly.

Left image is Kurt. Image on the right is my wonderful teenage mistake that I somehow don't regret 6 years later...
>>
Nils Lofgren joined Neil Young's band when he was 18, and on his first album with the band, After the Gold Rush, Young barely let him play guitar at all and relegated him to the piano for most of the album.
>>
>>60817511
>not waving to Jimmy Page
>>
>>60817377
Underrate bost
>>
>>60817250
>Jimi hendrix grew up so poor he had a habit of going to a store stealing bread from a package and resealing it, then going to the meats and doing the same there. He would do this to feed his younger brother Leon as well

>Right before playing with his then band "Band of Gypsys" he was reportedly slipped 3 tabs of acid as a form of sabatoge from his manager michael jeffries to disband his group and get him to rejoin the band of gypsys

> promoter Bill graham at a show critized his theatrics and showmanship and he got so angry he went on stage and played the amazing "Machine Gun" standinf completley still and when he returned he reportedly cussed him out and told him to fuck off

>In 1967 in a magazine poll he was asked what he wished to do before his death and apart from stating his musical aspirations he also put "see my mother again" she passed away when he was 10

>he was molested as a boy by a police officer
>>
File: slim pepe.png (147 KB, 371x537) Image search: [Google]
slim pepe.png
147 KB, 371x537
>>60821165
>he was molested as a boy by a police officer
source???
>>
>>60821193
I remember it from the book Room Full Of Mirrors. Two of his girlfriends have been on record saying he opened up to them about the abuse
>>
Grimes is a half Japanese autistic boy
>>
File: hi3.png (36 KB, 150x152) Image search: [Google]
hi3.png
36 KB, 150x152
>>60817250
stupidest thing ever. why would he even stop to wave? he's in a solo in a recording sesh. wave after.

>>60819645
what the fuck i need more on this
>>
File: pls no.png (141 KB, 470x524) Image search: [Google]
pls no.png
141 KB, 470x524
>>60821237
Jesus fuuuuuuck
>>
>>60821248
Yeah man he had a lot of really fucked up shit happen to him as a kid, his father and mother where alcoholics(this is the reason she died at 33) and neglected him and his siblings so bad they would have to be taken care of and fed by relatives and neighbors, when his mom died he wasnt even allowed to go to her funeral
>>
>>60821280
That's the shit great blues guitarists are made of
>>
Les claypool auditioned for metallic after their firs bassist died, but they decided he was "too good" even though les says they just thought he was a weirdo
>>
>>60821296
I bet if he'd been their bassist there would have actually been bass on AJFA
>>
>Steve Hackett crushed a wine glass and fucked up his hand out of pure annoyance over contemporary developments regarding the Genesis crew
>>
>>60820622
I'm pretty sure he got the k records logo tattoo to impress that riotgurl chick he was dating
>>
>>60820622
May I say my good man that you are on the cutting edge of Kurt Cobain-related humor
>>
>>60820622

I guess if you kill yourself early it kind of mitigate most of the issues with tattoos, doesn't it? Of course, it also defeats the purpose of needing a thing to remind you to stay young if you're never not young so maybe he wasn't that bright. Interesting thought though.
>>
>>60817933
I'm betting there's a lot more roger taylors
>>
>>60818202
I remember reading something about him saving all of his cum in bottles because he thought witches were going to get his cum or something like that
>>
>>60819037
That sounds like something Mustaine would do, of course.
>>
>>60820622
>always stay a child
>kill himself at the age of (not child age)

he was late
>>
>>60817250
Zeppelin used to open for jethro tho
>>
Sufjan Stevens played the piano on the album Boxer by The National
thats pretty cool
>>
The piano tune from The Clash song "Rock the Cashbah" was made by their drummer. He was just messing around in the studio with the piano during the break and he didnt even know he was being recorded.

Then the whole music video was made with very low budget, but some coincidences made it one of the groups most recognizable music videos. (finding armadilo and fighter jets overflying)

Idk, but this makes this "random" song really cool for me
>>
File: Lord Worm.jpg (38 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Lord Worm.jpg
38 KB, 400x266
>>60817250
>vocals sound deranged beyond belief
>he's an english professor
>>
The gunshot at the end of Biggie small's suicidal thoughts is actually the sound of biggie falling over in the recording studio
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.