[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fishmans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: fishmans.jpg (70 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
fishmans.jpg
70 KB, 500x443
Let's discuss this album and Fishmans.
>How did you discover them?
>Do you listen to anything else by them?

They're pretty much unknown outside of /mu/ to my knowledge. By some insane stretch of imagination at my uni, there was a radio show named after one of their songs, so I guess there's /mu/tants somewhere spreading the word of the fishmans.
>>
>>60816628
On /mu/, loved them ever since
A few live shows, and this clip especially
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clc3z4VHbPY
>>
>>60816628
/mu/

Their entire discography
>>
>>60816669
My nigga. Favorite album? It's so weird hearing their early material contrasted with their later work
>>
moo
I know 宇宙 日本 世田谷 (Uchū Nippon Setagaya) is supposed to be really good, but haven't gotten around to it
>>
EM-YOU, like everyone else here, if you disagree you're a lying faggot

Of course baby, now bend over and spread that boipussy
>>
>>60816794
Uchu is really good, get around to it soon senpai
>>60816819
I refuse to spread, but I'll discuss the beauty that is Long Season
>>
>>60816628
Fishmans? ha more like dish-scans amiright fellas
>>
File: jacknicholkek.jpg (7 KB, 267x323) Image search: [Google]
jacknicholkek.jpg
7 KB, 267x323
>>60816857
>>
>>60816628
>>How did you discover them?
Muuu
>>Do you listen to anything else by them?
I have listened to almost all of their discography. Pretty great stuff.
>>
>>60816667
>>60816669
>>60816794
>>60816819
>>60816921
See this is the shit I'm talking about. How has this group not had reissued in america or something like that? It's not like they're obscure, they obviously have a following and were signed to Polydor. I just checked TinyMixTapes and Pitchfork and there's never been a mention on them. Why they so obscure /mu/?
>>
>how did you discover them?
mu
pretty much all of their stuff

as a bonus
>favorite album?
Uchū Nippon Setagaya
>>
>>60817013
Is Uchu better than Long Season?
>>
>>60816991
>It's not like they're obscure
>Why they so obscure?

They're obscure because they were a Japanese band that was around before the internet proper.
>>
>>60817050
No
>>
>>60816991
I mean acts like Boris and Boredoms don't have big following in North America either. People only care about k-pop and j-pop when it comes to Asian music.
>>
>>60817050
I think it is, personally
>>
>>60817134
I was actually about to mention them as well along with Les Run Dalades or whatever. I just want Fishmans to get their due. Their music never seemed like it came out of the 90's due to their mix of dub, dream pop and rock.
>>
>>60816628
RYM dream pop charts
I plan to.
>>
>>60817165
The electronic, drum n bassy parts do sound mid 90's though. Other than that, yeah, it doesn't sound dated at all.
>>
>>60816628
/mu/ tbqfwy

Best Nip band I've heard. Boris is boring shit and YMO sounds too chiptuney at times but these guys are perfect.
>>
>>60816628
Album would be a lot better without the toilet plops.
>>
>>60817221
Yeah luckily though drum production was stellar by that point so at least it sounds great.
>>60817231
Glad you like them, there's a lot to discover
>>
>bahhhhh
>babababahbahbah
>babababah babababahhhhh

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>60817272
Agreed, I do like the sound quality of programmed drums from that era unlike shit tier gated reverb 80s nonsense
>>
>>60817327
Yeah it was obnoxious, and that shit carried into the early 90's somehow. Nirvana was smart enough to ignore it with Nevermind, but Pearl Jam weren't that smart. That's why Ten sounds much different than any of their material, it's more springy and dreamy due to the reverb and Brendan O'Briens early production work.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.