[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I just listening to this now it's fucking amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
How am I just listening to this now
it's fucking amazing
any similar artists, opinions on kendrick?
>>
J. Cole has similiar themes but I dont know if he is as coneptual since I only heard 1 album. Forrest Hill Drive
>>
>>60815155
i dont like j cole
>>
>>60815155
j cole is cancer
>>
>>60816538
this
>>
>>60815155
j cole is literally the worst rapper Ive ever heard
>>
But at least one of them is a samefag. Possibly two.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-04+at+10.39.22).png (22 KB, 530x315) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-04+at+10.39.22).png
22 KB, 530x315
>>60816866
>>
>>60815060
I've heard people say that Logic is similar to Kendrick (to the point where he may be a rip-off), but that's just going off of what other people have said. Without knowing why you like GKMC, it's hard to recommend anything.
>>
>>60815155
Fuck anyone who thinks j cole is good at rapping
>>
>>60815060
Look up jonathan mathis lel. Compare angry kid, his first project with kendricks first project and see whos u like moar. Thats if u mean conceptually otherwise no one is like kendrick he is u ique in style and flow entirely. Gkmc is one of the best albums ever made.
>>
>>60815155
nice dubs but kill yourself
>>
Kendrick Lamar is utter shit.
>>
>>60817022
angry kid seems like an ubringing type of concept album so i see why u recd it ill let it slide this time jim jam. thats a good point too old kendrick was... yea. nice dubs btw ;)
>>
>>60815060
I'd recommend Mick Jenkins, Vince Staples, and Freddie Gibbs
>>
>>60815155
>>60815211
>>60816538
>>60816572
>>60816636
>>60816971
To each their own I suppose but, J Cole did go platinum on his last album w/o any features from anyone lol he is a fantastic rapper if you are into actually listening to lyrics that have a meaning behind them. I believe he is quite similar to Kendrick in a rap sense but they rap about different things at this time. Check out his Born Sinner album too. J Cole is nice on that one too
>>
>>60817232
j-cole shill detected
>>
>>60817232
Tbh ill take Jonathan Mathis over J. Cole any day and im not even one of his fans. J. Cole just puts everything so bluntly theres no point to listen more than once. No digging is involved in any of his music its just boring. A few good songs but not enough for the praise he gets. Why would you even bring him up in a theead asking about artists similar to Kendrick Lamar. He doesnt even make concept albums gtfo. Even Logic was a better response than J. Fucking Cole.
>>
>>60817232
J. Cole isn't as lyrically talented as Kendrick
>>
Kendrick is a phenomenal rapper imo. Saw him live and it was one of the best performances I've ever seen from an artist. If you haven't checked out his TPAB (To Pimp A Butterfly) album I would check that one out too. It's a bit different from his GKMC album, but still very good imo. Check it out.
>>
>>60815060
Check out his mixtape, Section 80.
>>
>>60817239
>>60817288
>>60817294
Not gonna argue with you guys about that lol at the end of the day I fuck with Kendrick the most. Since J. Cole is apparently shit haha who would you guys recommend I check out, if you dont mind suggesting.
>>
>>60817372
go back to facebook you fucking faggot
>>
>>60817022
nice dubs bro damn op better listen to this guy
>>60817306
no its not
>>
>>60817330
by far one of his best. ADHD is a classic that most people like.
>>
>>60817372
This thread has offered at least four recs already wtf are you doing being this retarted on the internet?
>>
>>60816971
his freestyles are crazy, he can rap, just has boring music
>>60815060
really great album, kendrick is obviously overrated tho
>>
>>60817465
i hate you and your trip
>>
>>60817494
good for you man
>>
>>60815060
Thats a good album, besides for the stupid last song, but avoid his newest album. Besides for being alienating to his white fans that have financially supported him for 5+ years, its also lyrically trash with shitty beats. Section.80 is really good, albeit not as good as GKMC
>>
>>60817403
Holy shit this. I'd argue Section.80 is better than TPAB
>>
How J.Cole and his boring ass lyrics/flow/beats sell so much, is still a mystery to me.
He'ls like diet Immortal Technique(another shitty rapper), and yet people love the guy.

I mean he's making money, and dude seems humble about it, but I find him so fucking boring.
>>
>>60817558
Well, yeah, but thats painfully obvious if anyone can separate themselves from how hard TPAB was pushed by music reviewers
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.