[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you rate this album out of 5 stars? And why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: an_awesome_wave.sml_1_2.jpg (75 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
an_awesome_wave.sml_1_2.jpg
75 KB, 460x460
How would you rate this album out of 5 stars?

And why.
>>
5 i really like it
>>
Middling between 3 and 3.5/5
>>

It's got some cool songs but a lot of the people listen to it and think it's experiemntal when it's not
>>
>>60808995
I loved it on the first few listens, kind of annoys me now, 3
>>
anywhere from 2 to 3 out of 5. It's got a lot of good music, but there's so much filler and I cannot stand their vocalist's simpering voice.
Let's be real, if I wanted to listen to music like this I'd listen to sensitive English kids play Radiohead covers.
>>
It's catchy while keeping things interesting
>>
2.5, would be a 3 but his voice is so irritating, took me ages to make myself find it acceptable because I thought the music was alright.
>>
3 because i like odd numbers and 1 is too low and 5 is too high
>>

Dissolve Me, Something Good, Matilda, and Taro are excellent. Could leave the rest.
>>
>>60808995
4/5 Alt-J is one of my favorite bands, and I much prefer this over This Is All Yours. the meme vocals are what do it for me, they are just so pleasant to listen to
>>

Omg Indie xD trash with dunkey vocals try to unhear it now
>>
>>60808995
like a high 3, it's really fun, really interesting to listen to but I listened to it before I entertained myself with music more and more and realised it's kinda boring. Still a good listen anyway shouldn't be hated on cos it's popular now.
>>
>>60809011
Weak bait
>>
2.5 probably. Possibly 3.5 back when I was a bigger pleb and probably 1.5 in the future when I'm less of a pleb
>>
>>60808995
4, songwriting with a lot of pop appeal, but simultaneously sparking the same thing peaches en regalia zappa does for me. Lots of personality, variety and surprisingly humorous.

Their second record really confirms the importance of personality in their music.
>>
>>60808995
2/5, Solid
>>
>>
3.5. Great sound, terrible song-writing, and too much filler.
>>
1.5/5 - unoriginal, unimaginative Urban Outfitters-core. Isn't this album also revered on reddit?
>>
File: harrisonford.jpg (220 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
harrisonford.jpg
220 KB, 600x324
>>60811203
How the fuck would we know, unless you're a redditor, which apparently you are.

Anyways this album is trash
>>
>>60808995
ughh don't remember much about it besides
LE RANDUM SOUND EFFECTS XDDD
LE WACKY SINGING VOICE XDDD
basically sounds like really shitty Radiohead
I rate it 1 maybe 1.5 stars
>>
4.5/5 stars. It's one of my favorite albums - it's pretty unique.
>>
fun but sometimes annoying
>>
>>60811718
Unique isn't always positive
>>
>>60808995
fuck alt j
>>
3.5 only taro and something good seem memorable to me and some are just annoying now
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.