[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can i become rich and famous from making vaporwave?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Can i become rich and famous from making vaporwave?
>>
Yes absolutely. I did.
>>
>>60808115
Ramona?
>>
>>60807979
no but you can make me rich and famous please buy my album
https://ecstasypolice.bandcamp.com/album/living-2000
>>
Why would you? Isnt that the entire appeal behind the initial vaporwave movement? The idea was based around peopke wanting to take away the face of a musician, and upload their anonymous *stolen and shittly mashed together* creations that were to i voke a nostalgic and retro feel?
>>
>>60808409
wouldnt it be ultra post-capitalist to buy something thats meant to evoke 80s and 90s business to buy something like that on an outdated medium? nobody really ever becomes rich or famous from vaporwave desu, even ramona does other things with her time

and my >>60808177 stuff is all written from scratch and not shittily mashed together
>>
>>60808765
So your vaporwave is a satire of capitalism, just as proper vaporwave should be, but youre trying to create money and follow a capitalistic structure while doing it? Can you please clarify?
>>
>>60808874
I believe it's called "being a hypocrite"
>>
>>60808901
Thats precisely the explanation i was hoping for. OP youre a flat out hypocrite.
>>
>>60809160
>>60808901
>>60808874
im not even op
and i think some vaporwave is a parody of 80s capitalism and consumerism
but mine is a celebration of 80s consumerism and capitalism and style and culture i genuinely find it fascinating and i absolutely love it
>>
>>60809223
This some nu-vaporwave shit m8
Sorry you just looked a bit like a hypocrite when you called your stuff vaporwave, but youre producing shit on the other side of the spectrum vaporwave
In that case good luck and i wish you well
>>
The "critique of capitalism" was a joke spun up by Vektroid when she made Floral Shoppe. Any producer that follows it earnestly has been spectacularly duped.

Pretty much 99% of vaporwave's appeal comes from nostalgia, the "found sound" aspect, and the visual aspect.
>>
>>60808136
>vektroid
>rich
How?
>>
>>60808874
s a t i r e
a
t
i
r
e
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.