[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>electronic musician >get into conversation with some other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1447052496580.jpg (39 KB, 426x463) Image search: [Google]
1447052496580.jpg
39 KB, 426x463
>electronic musician
>get into conversation with some other musician
>he says he has to practice 24/7 but is managing to play perfectly
>was quite impressed, asked him what instrument he plays
>tells me "guitar"
>mfw
>wonder if he was being serious about his instrument being hard
>turns out he was
>instantly Iose respect for him

l assume there's a few guitarists on here, so I'm actually curious. Do you guys actually think your instrument is difficult or are you at the stage where you realise anyone could play twing twang "music"?
>>
>>60806863
You really seem to understand music OP
>>
>>60806863
we had this thread already, you dumb homosexual bantu nignog
>>
>>60806863
is he practice 7 nation army OP
or are you just retarded?
>>
File: meme davis.png (149 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
meme davis.png
149 KB, 500x598
>>60806863
inb4 newfags fall for this pasta
>>
Unless you're 20 this doesn't happen. If you don't know your way around an instrument by 22 you never will.
>>
>>60806863
I actually agree with this.

I meet so many guitarists who unironically believe they are doing something difficult or impressive, when it's the easiest instrument to master.

Hell, I picked up my first guitar at 13 and mastered it before I was 14.

Its still a useful skill to have if you want to impress dumb underage girls, but if you like real ladies, put the autism stick down and learn how to make a good beat.
>>
Oh god the med school vs engineering shitposter is fucking here now as well.
>>
Not hard, but I consider it an essential instrument to know at least a bit of
>>
Guitar is easy as fuck, most guitarists are terrible and it's such an easy instrument to make a pleasant sound with they don't try very hard too. It's surprising as a classically trained violinist how many guitarists can't even read sheet music, can't hear a note and instantly reproduce it with voice or their instrument (even across instruments), have no idea what key they're playing in, don't know all the notes on the fretboard, and worry more about their gear than anything.

I play Celtic trad and at sessions we usually are horrified whenever a guitarist comes by since they often are mixing minor/major keys (doesn't work well in this kind of music) and don't know nearly enough chord variations and are just doing their own thing, or they aren't familiar with a song but try to play anyway. All non-melody players are worrying with this but guitarists are the worst, with only percussion players who think it'll be easy close to as bad. It's especially embarrassing if it's not just locals, like if you have French tourists asking about la musique celtique and have one of those guys at the pub with your group.
>>
>>60806929
>learn how to make a good beat.
>learn

you can master your first guitar at 14, you can make your first good beats at 6
>>
>>60806943
summercunt from reddit detected
>>
File: kek.gif (7 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
7 KB, 600x600
>>60807039
>this is what twing twang nerds actually believe
>>
>>60806863
It's not hard as such, but being a good guitar player is hard. Anyway, i'd say piano is the easiest instrument, so meh.

>Electronic shit doesn't count as 'instrument', so thats why i didnt mention it.

as for the idiot that said lay down some beats (Presumably by playing something other than a drum... that would take talent!! Unlucky, electrofags) to get a 'real' woman, what does this mean ? A slag in a club ? A druggie at a party?

Losers, the lot of you. Charlatans and losers.
>>
>>60807067
Dude, learning guitar is easy, making beats is extremely easy. Why are you in denial?
>>
>>60806929
>"mastered"

I'm sure you "mastered" the guitar mate, in under a year. /sarcasm

as for 'beats', they're just overrated bullshit by untalented fuckwits, it's not even music, get off /mu/
>>
>>60807641

What do you do with your penis given that there's a zero% chance based on that post that anyone is ever going near that shit?
>>
>>60806863
I've been able to play piano since I was a kid, and was making electronic "music" long before I picked up a guitar.
>>
>>60807341>>60807341

Literally the entire music world, from popular songs, to the most complex experimental music, from the softest ambient, to the most aggressive angry, from the purest beauty to the harshest noise, it's all made with electronics on some level today. You are no different than someone in the 60's saying that the electric guitar isn't a real instrument like the wonderful trombone of Tommy Dorsey.

Nobody gives a shit about you and your anachronistic opinions.
>>
>guitar
>hard
>mfw
>>
>>60807450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlAzXWoQDlg
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.