[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that if you don't hold the sticks the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: buddy.jpg (35 KB, 443x540) Image search: [Google]
buddy.jpg
35 KB, 443x540
Friendly reminder that if you don't hold the sticks the jazz way you're doing it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0V4Aqs2D48
>>
>>60796821
are you new
>>
But i'm not very good with drums and i play punk so i can hold them how i want
>>
it's called traditional grip

and there's pros and cons to each

mostly just cons to traditional though
>>
>>60796821

or you're just playing Jazz you complete imbecile

holding them that way for any other genre is pointless and impedes proper technique
>>
>>60797027
>>60797047
I'm listening.
>>
If you're marching in the 1770's yeah that's fine
Now we have stands and harnesses that completely get rid of having to use that old ass technique
>>
>>60796821
as a drummer., a shitty one at that all i can say is that "jazz way" is seriously the most over-hyped thing about drumming. There is nothing you can do with traditional grip you cant do with matched grip
>>
>>60797259
Kinda feel like you can do rolls easier on the snare with traditional grip. Or at least you don't feel like strangling the drum stick.
Yeah I know matched grip you're not supposed to be really rigid with your grip either. Its just easier with traditional
>>
>>60797027
>>60797047
>>60797259
>>60797228

Traditional grips lends itself to different styles of playing and the your hits will obviously sound different. Also it lets you whip your wrist, allowing you to potentially play faster. Its not useless, just different.
>>
>>60797027
traditional group lends itself better to some movements. especially that push pull with buddy rich, that comes a lot more easilly with trad
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.