[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cherry Bomb Re-Ordered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Cherry-Bomb.jpg (491 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cherry-Bomb.jpg
491 KB, 1200x1200
Have any of you listened to this version of Cherry Bomb?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAXgNTO6EXI

Some guy on youtube has re-ordered and i think it ends up sounding much better as a whole project.

This version starts with the more happy soul style fun stuff and then moves to the louder rappy songs so that the album properly crescendos instead of bumping around and stopping and starting.

the regular order of the tracks is a bit to jarring and allover the place while i think each track individually is pretty good. Tyler referred to the album as 'chaos' and i think in trying to create that he may have fucked around with the order of the songs to much.

Give the whole thing a listen
>>
>>60796336
fucks up the point Tyler was trying to make with the juxtaposition of the soul songs and the noise hop songs. While it may piece together for a more accessible listen, each song should be left in context so that the emotional theme he tries to paint with his lyrics doesn't get jumbled.
>>
>>60796702
This.

I prefer the original
>>
>>60796702
Yeah i see what you are saying.

But while i understand the point and stuff, i didn't feel like the original ordering made me interested in that juxtaposition. I felt a bit more like, i like parts of this sometimes but often i was enjoying one song and the next would come on and it would kill the vibe.

Also the re-order emphasises the whole thing about this being a "happy" rap album a little better.
>>
>>60796808
>Also the re-order emphasises the whole thing about this being a "happy" rap album a little better.
not supposed to be happy. It's supposed to be about finding confidence. This is what I mean, because you listened to the reordered album, you completely missed the point of the album.

>often i was enjoying one song and the next would come on and it would kill the vibe.

Again, part of the point. Cherry bomb is trying to keep you on your toes and never let you get comfortable. Tyler literally just wants to fuck with the listener. It's why he puts cherry bomb right after find your wings
>>
>>60796531
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
File: 1435151013392.jpg (209 KB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
1435151013392.jpg
209 KB, 2048x1367
>>60796808
actually I can get what your saying. In context of his discography, this album can be seen as a "happy" rap album. Sorry for misunderstanding what you were saying. Here's a pic for your consideration
>>
>>60797160
Hahaha thanks for the pic

I'm coming around to your side more after the on your toes comment.

I just think that listen-ability is somewhat necessary with music. Like if you are just listening to it for the art and the enjoyment of art that is not so much the case, but if you just want to listen to some stuff you like with some people then having an album flow in this way i find is a little better.

Especially considering this is a great driving album.
>>
>>60797251
I can see both orders being justified. I think that the original is important for it's integrity to it's aesthetic and message, but the reordered version is better for background music for just chillin, or driving.
>>
>>60796531
Reported. Enjoi your ban, faggot
>>
>>60797160
who is this model?
>>
They're both terrible.
>>
>>60796336
desu I like this way better than the original. I wish Tyler would just make some soul rap already, he'd be GREAT
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.