[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here fuck with Elvis Costello? Been listening to this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: costello.jpg (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
costello.jpg
46 KB, 300x300
Anyone here fuck with Elvis Costello? Been listening to this all day, excellent pop album. Any similar records worth checking out?
>>
>>60793060
Imperial Bedrooms is great too
>>
Yeah, the U.S. version which ends with Radio Radio. (Of course the version you posted has I Don't Want to Go To Chelsea, which was left off the U.S. version.) This is one of my favorite Elvis Costello albums of all time, next to Taking Liberties, which is basically a singles collection.

If you like this album, I would highly recommend "Squeezing Out Sparks" by Graham Parker and The Rumour.
>>
i love costello

and yeah this year's model is great
>>
>>60793060
I enjoy his new wave stuff more than his pop stuff, but they're both good.
His show Spectacle is great, but only because of the other artists. He really overpowers the artisits in a shitty way.
Here is the absolute best moment of his show. If you don't listen to this at least quarterly, you're a true pleb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKGWpqnS8E
>>
armed forces and get happy ftw
>>
ESPECIALLY get happy.
>>
>>60793060
>bought this on a vinyl a year ago
>never listened to it

Alright, I'm about to check it out. What are some tracks I should be hype for?
>>
>>60793699
drum intro to "i don't want to go to chelsea" will make yr head explode
>>
>>60793060
Goat album OP
>>
I feel like Costello is under appreciated on here. His first four albums are all classics
>>
>>60793378
that was an incredibly beautiful clip. thank you for sharing that.
>>
i loved him when i was younger
>>
Costello is amazing, he's a huge influence on me. His memoir's pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>60794009
I'm loving the nice bass line and keyboards on this one. That occasional guitars is just perfect.
>>
File: cover.jpg (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
79 KB, 500x500
>>60793060
Just picked up an original vinyl pressing of this at a garage sale for like 2 dollars, loving it. My favorite tracks are The Beat, Pump It Up, and Lipstick Vogue. My Aim Is True is also an amazing album, check it out if you haven't already. It's his first.
>>
Costello is underrated, he's also the reason why I started singing, made me realise you don't need a 4 octaves vocal range or an exceptionally beautiful voice to make great music
>>
>>60797013
>made me realise you don't need a 4 octaves vocal range or an exceptionally beautiful voice to make great music
desu Elvis Costello actually is a really talented singer. his entire sound was very much intentional whiny intellectual and not a byproduct of not giving a fuck.
>>
>>60797000
Fun fact: My Aim is True was NOT recorded with The Attractions, but a studio band called Clover. I don't know why, but it's an actual fact. Look it up if you don't believe me.
>>
>>60797000
Nice trips.
>>
if you like early elvis, you'll like early joe jackson. look sharp and i'm the man are killer albums
>>
>>60797864
Even Elvis said in an interview that Joe Jackson was doing a good job at ripping him off when he first burst onto the scene.
>>
>>60797436
Thanks, but im not completely stupid. I noticed that it doesn't credit the attractions, but I actually didn't know that the studio band was called Clover. So, uh, thanks man. I guess
>>
>>60797956
>>60797864
Look Sharp! was the most Costello album Joe Jackson did for sure, Is She Really Going Out With Him? even sounded like Costello.

Not that I don't still like Joe Jackson, Night And Day is GOAT.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.