[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: 1440990846207.png (103 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
1440990846207.png
103 KB, 418x455
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's 5 new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins?
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan "retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone the holy quadrology of Kendrick Lamar/Sufjan Stevens/Jamie xx/Tame "the Instagram of rock bands" Impala's 9.3 for AOTY?

More importantly, will someone dethrone the dynamic duo of Titus Andronicus and Beach House for best 8.1 of the year?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2015 BNM Tally: 44

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, etc.)
https://mega.nz/#!zoQGBCYK!evBav1uwKekImmse6g35z2lRgdGXxxUh8nyVSTyShl0

>Tonight's Top Stories
- Pope Francis 3:16
- 2015 is almost over. Let's reflect on the best and worst albums of the year.
-This thread hypes and supports Pusha T, Baroness, and David Bowie.
>>
pitchfork is based. BASED!
>>
Daily reminder that +@ was robbed
>>
Daily reminder that Kendrick was robbed
>>
Daily reminder that Pope Francis was robbed
>>
daily reminder that dead sara was 8.3 bnm
>>
Daily reminder that Chris Ott was robbed
>>
File: Pleasure To Meet You.jpg (296 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure To Meet You.jpg
296 KB, 960x960
Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM
>>
>pitchfork
>patrician
pick one
>>
>>60792815
>you
>not retarded

pick one
>>
The album in the last spot will get a 6.8.

Seriously, come back after the reviews are posted and the fifth one will have a 6.8.
>>
Jeremih for surprise end of the year bnm
>>
>tfw Sharon Van Etten is going full Robin Pecknold and ditching her music career
http://www.stereogum.com/1847125/sharon-van-etten-is-going-back-to-college-hopes-to-become-a-therapist/news/
>>
So how the fuck did Black Friday by Kendrick not get BNT?
>>
>>60793697
becuz nobody care
>>
;_; Is it time we stop this thread?
But seriously I visited p4k yesterday to see meme score for the pope and realized how more shitty it got
>>
>>60793744
good dubs. threads doing great.
>>
>>60793666
>http://www.stereogum.com/1847125/sharon-van-etten-is-going-back-to-college-hopes-to-become-a-therapist/news/
>Hopes to become a therapist
God damn it she's throwing her life away
>>
>>60793744
They have gotten shitty. I mean, look at the first five posts of this thread. We need actual discussion instead of spouting memes every night.

What do you guys think is the most underrated album this year? By p4k and/or just in general
>>
>>60793883
Algiers and Petite Noir getting ignored by every AOTY list is infuriating; their albums are some of the most fresh and vital music I've heard all year.
>>
>>60793904
>Petite Noir
I haven't even heard of them. What genre are they?
>>
Track of the year predictions?
I'm thinking

3. Loud Places
2. Hotline Bling
1. REALiTI
>>
>>60793928
Horrible description incoming but to me it sounds like Afrobeat RnB with vocals that sound like the guy from Tears For Fears
>>
>>60794059
Alright easily in the top five
>>
>>60794106
The top 5 will be Realiti, Hotline Bling, Let it Happen, Alright, and Loud Places, in some order. Maybe some Sufjan at #6.
>>
>>60794059
>>60794106
Alright will be #1 be of its relevance to protests and BLM, but Kendrick won't get AOTY
>>
>>60794159
Who will then? Sufjan since they've proclaimed C&L better than Illinois, thus making it also AOTY worthy?
>>
>>60794214
It's an indie year, so Suf is probably their best option, but after the 4-way 9.3 setup I could see them pulling an upset and giving it to Father John Misty or something, a la The Knife in 2006
>>
>>60793354
>>
COLDPLAY BTFO
>>
RIP Scott Weiland.
>>
>>60794270
>a la The Knife in 2006
Will Joanna finally get her AOTY after it was taken from her?
>>
NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Coldplay 4.8 BTFO
iLoveMakonnen 7.6
Underworld 8.8 BNR
Zora Jones 8.0
Lubomyr Melnyk 7.2
>>
COLDPLAY

B
T
F
O
>>
>>60794270
god that was amazing, i mean they deserved higher than 8.6 anyways. silent shout released in 2015 would be an easy 9.4 at least with its gender politics
>>
>>60794370
Doesn't deserve it at all to be honest, Ys and HOOM are way better
>>
Is the Zora Jones EP actually good?
>>
Who the fuck is Coldplay?
>>
BEACH HOUSE = AOTY
>>
>>60793775
If she doesn't feel she is throwing her life away she isn't. Not to say I won't sorely miss her music.
>I love you but I’m lost
>Between the pain and cost
>I hold myself alive
>I love you but I’m lost
>>
>>60794678
hell yeah! so fuckin good. also pretty much everything that she has released is fucking god tier electro. I highly reccomend
>>
>>60794059
Are we really expecting Loud Places over I Know There's Gonna Be Good Times? Hell, I'd even say Gosh has a shot over Loud Places.
>>
>>60794270
That would be amazing. Father John Misty or Joanna as a surprise AOTY would be hype as fuck.
>>
>>60795395
Does FJM still have the momentum for AOTY? If Joanna had gotten an 8.6 or above I would have said the ball was in her court but I think Grimes is more likely at this point.
>>
>>60791715
That nigger Scott died
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.