[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please give me tips on any modern guitar based music/indie/post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: women_public_strain_1283353281.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
women_public_strain_1283353281.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
Please give me tips on any modern guitar based music/indie/post punk/whatever you want to call it that's as inventive, jangly, eerie and catchy as Women. Haven't found anything that comes close to this yet. There has to be something out there.
>>
I hear Viet Cong are good.
>>
>>60786747
Try Viet Cong
>>
>>60786764
Yeah, they're alright. But not just not... There's something missing.
>>
Try out their Self-Titled album, it's also amazing.

Also, check out Catch My Shoe by The Ex ASAP (and their other stuff, but specially that one)

You can also try Beat Pyramid by These New Puritans, Plowing Into The Field of Love by Iceage and Protomartyr's two albums. None of them are "eerie" but they're all great.
>>
>>60786788
Could try Chad vanGaalen? Not really the same but they have the same kind of ethos I guess.
>>
https://dories.bandcamp.com/album/stripped

these guys are really good.
>>
File: 1416137340397.jpg (135 KB, 700x847) Image search: [Google]
1416137340397.jpg
135 KB, 700x847
>>60786788
errrr i dont know what to think

try!>>> deerhunter and no age tho no age isnt really jangly and deerhunter is more psychedelic and then you could give a listen to the oh sees, spray paint, chelsea light moving, guerrila toss, gay beast, erase errata and idk thats noise rock
>>
>>60787108
>>60787045
>>60786912
>>60786892
Thanks for the tips guys! I've listen to some of the bands mentioned, but I will definitely check out the rest!
>>
>>60786747
if you like these guys there are alot of great "post-women" bands that popped up around Calgary and Montreal i'll put em in order of Quality

Viet Cong S/T- Members of women but heavier
Telstar Drugs- S/T more upbeat still dissonant
Chad Vangaalen- Produced Public Strain uses same style. Diaper Island is best
Dories- Stripped
Each Other- Heavily Spaced
Fake Palms - like Viet Cong -Lite
Un Blonde
Faux Fur
Frank Heat Waves
>>
>>60786912
yeah listen to chads second album skelekonector from start to finish.
women (the band in ops pic) have been his backing band on and off.
>>
>>60786747
ought sound kind of similar, not as spacey
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.