[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yo /mu/ just discovered Fishmans a couple days ago in a jap sharethread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: fishmanslongseason.jpg (45 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
fishmanslongseason.jpg
45 KB, 300x297
yo /mu/ just discovered Fishmans a couple days ago in a jap sharethread and I can't listen to anything but them.
Does /mu/ like Fishmans?
>best album
>best song
>live or studio albums
>similar bands

Long Season seems like the GOAT album to me right now. Otokotachi No Wakare is one of the best live albums ive ever heard.
love u guys
>>
I think I've listened to that album 6 times this week. So good.
>>
bump.
>>
I was about to make a similar thread. I'm curious to hear everyone's favorite tracks since im in the process of making a Fishmans playlist. I've only thoroughly listened to Long Season, Neo Yankee's Holiday, and a few other random tracks. Checking Kuchu Camp next.

>>60780000
What are your fav tracks off Otokotachi?
>>
>>60780283
thanks for the response! lol
I really Thank You and Thank You(Surprise!)
also In The Flight is great. really every song is enjoyable.
>>
i missed a jap sharethread!?
>>
>>60780538
theyre easy to find on the archive desu senpai
and theyre always full of great music.
>>
Why did you makes this thr-
>BAH
>BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH
>BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH
>BAH-BAH-BAH-BAH
>>
>>60780000
I just want to know where I can buy a physical copy for less than $40CAN like holy shit why is it so expensive
>>
You'd like cero if you enjoy Fishmans- they have a very similar dream-pop sound.

I think Uchu, Nippon, Setagaya is their magnum opus, though. Long Season is a bit overpraised IMO.
>>
>>60780576
i use archive a lot, but how do i filter for a specific thread? whenever i type in japanese sharethread i can't find the entire thread.
>>
File: fishmans.jpg (16 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
fishmans.jpg
16 KB, 500x334
>you will never have this
>>
>>60780629

Won this for about $500 on yahoo auction
>>
>>60780620
if you find a post from one, just hit [view] and it'll show you the whole thread
anyways im pretty sure I was d/ling from this thread:
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S59924582
>>60780611
thanks for the rec man. I've only heard Long Season a handful of times but I think it's incredible. I can see how it would be over-praised, but it seems deserving of it.
>>
>>60780710
thanks pal. i was in that thread. check out the Moonriders stuff.
>>
>>60780000
I just realized that sticker on the cover is pretty much the b8 meme.
>>
>>60781019
thanks man will do.
>>60781052
lol holy shit
>>
>>60781052
damn
>>
>>60780629
I want this. You're killin me
>>
when this album become so popular?
>>
>>60781992
i havent seen it discussed here once aside from this thread.
Nightcruising GOAT Fishmans
>>
>>60782386
this is usually the go-to album when /mu/ talks about japanese music

it used to be boris
>>
Not only is this the best Fishmans album (it containing LONG SEASON in full and all that) but its also one of my favorite live albums ever
>>
These are the type of people that like this band.
>>
>>60781992
On RYM about 2012/13. I first heard it on /mu/ over the summer but i don't know when it started hetting hype
>>
>>60782824
yeah holy shit it's a great album. Can't listen to anything but it atm.
>are you feel good?
What other Fishmans albums should I listen to? I'm sure i'd enjoy all of them im just curious
>>
Fuck off, weebs. I have never listened to this before, but judging by the RYM fanbase, it's cancerous.
>>
>>60783077
its just reverby psychedelic dub rock music
>>
Thanks for sharing this OP! Haven't heard it before and am liking it so far :)
>>
>>60783191
no worries senpai I only heard it for the first time recently myself.
>>
Did their singer know he was dying? I recall hearing that he burst into tears at the end of their last show.
>>
>>60782824
its crazy good
there's this little guitar riff that comes in during Walking in the Rhythm for like five seconds that makes my fucking existence I swear to god
the guitar solo on Long Season is amazing too.
>>
>>60783305
He had had heart problems his whole life, so he may have known but in the wiki bio it said he had planned to keep making music.
>>
>>60783305
>>60783908
:(
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.