[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What audiophile-tier hardware does /mu/ listen to their music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: aea5.jpg (619 KB, 2598x2428) Image search: [Google]
aea5.jpg
619 KB, 2598x2428
What audiophile-tier hardware does /mu/ listen to their music on?

I need an affordable set of bookshelf speakers for my entry-level setup and the AudioEngine A5+ seem to be the most highly regarded at their price point.
>>
>>60777853
>audiophile-tier
>affordable
lel
>>
>>60777934
he didn't ask for affordable audiophile-tier stuff, just affordable stuff while simultaneously asking what audiophile-tier hardware /mu/ listens to their music on.
>>
I have M-Audio BX8a desu
>>
apple earbuds, the old ones
>>
>>60777934
>>60777972
Affordable is somewhat relative. Real audiophile tier shit is going to stretch you into potentially the tens of thousands. But there is always a
>the absolute best under $5000
>the absolute best under $2500
>the absolute best under $1000
While normalfags will just listen to their shit on an iPod dock
>>
>>60777853
ordering fluance sx6, polk psw505, and yamaha rx-v377 for xmas
>>
File: 6c18ae5780b49034d853c9791ab4eb8a.jpg (277 KB, 1641x1800) Image search: [Google]
6c18ae5780b49034d853c9791ab4eb8a.jpg
277 KB, 1641x1800
Just bought myself some Sennheiser IE80's that should be arriving tomorrow. currently have sony EX90( very old now) and Sennheiser HD518.
>>
>>60777853

I have the AudioEngine A1s and I am impressed by them.
Not audiophile tier, but really outstanding for what I paid.
>>
Get some passive speakers and an amp, they will sound better for the money
>>
just look on your local ads for an amp and passive speakers. I got a decent denon amp and Mission speakers for £80 which I'm pretty happy with.
>>
File: Capture (9).png (185 KB, 302x299) Image search: [Google]
Capture (9).png
185 KB, 302x299
>>60778037
>there is always a
>the absolute best under [however much]
there isnt tho
thing is, there is no 100% accurate replay system and if there was it would be millionaire-only-tier expensive, especially the speakers. every piece of equipment has its own strengths and weaknesses and its a matter of personal preference which you prefer.
take speakers for example, especially cheaper ones. you could have a big set of boxes with reasonably good bass extension, ie theyll reproduce lower frequencies but theres likely to be a trade off in that theyre not that well defined or agile at the bottom end. or, you could have a pair of bookshelf size speakers that will roll off at a higher frequency and wont give you the same extension but basslines are likely to be tighter and more tuneful. its impossible to say which pair is better or worse, its just a question of which you enjoy the most.
and theres not much point looking at graphs and charts like a lot of people do thinking that flatter is always better. one piece of kit might have a small deviation from flat in one part of the frequency range and another piece of kit might have a bigger deviation from flat in another part of the range. if the first piece of kit just happens to make your favourite vocalist sound weird youre probably going to be much happier buying the thing that looks worse on paper.
so stuff like that is why ppl should always always listen to stuff before they buy it
>>
Sennheiser HD 518`s. Rather nice for my first "real" headphones.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.