[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
Discuss
>>
Both are pseudo-intellectual garbage.

End of discussion.
>>
>>60775454
i disagree but both albums are great
>>
i dont like radiohead much anymore but i agree
>>
>>60775459
Didn't you leave a few months ago?

Also The Bends is a pretty straightforward rock album
>>
Radiohead before 2000 doesn't matter
>>
>>60775454
I think I agree. OK Computer may have my two favorite Radiohead songs but The Bends overall is jam packed with feels. They're both absolutely great albums though.
>>
>>60775465
I left but I'm back to try cleansing this board again for Christmas.
>>
>>60775525
1997*
>>
Which ones are your favorites? Also i just think Kid A is a lot bett0r
>>
>>60775531
which songs are your favorites?
>>
you do it TO YOURSELF
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 210x240
>>60775454
JUST
>>
>>60776079
Let Down and No Surprises
>>
The Bends isn't even good
>>
>>60775459
can you go kill yourself pls?
>>
Imo, The Bends is a pretty okay album, and I'd give it a 7/10.
But OK Computer, to me, is a perfect album. Mixing, production, & circulation is incredible and creative; beautiful flow and variety, it really feels like a journey between depression, energy & hope; tone became a lot more thorough; and Thom's lyrics really started to shine through into his signature vagueness.

Whereas The Bends, albeit a solid rock album, had quite a bit of filler
>Black Star
>title track
and sometimes edged a bit too much on the side of whiny Brit-pop.
>bullet proof
>Bones
>>
>>60775454
They're both pretty bad, but In the Bends is probably worse.
>>
>>60777660
the title track is the best song tho
>>
>>60777995
I disagree, I think the best song is either High & Dry or Street Spirit
>>
BOTH ARE GREAT STOP BEING CONTRARIANS U PIECES OF SHIT
>>
>>60778102
>High And Dry
>>
>>60775454
The Bends is absolutely lovely, but OK Computer is a masterpiece that will be remembered as one of the defining works of art from this era.

The Bends does not have the cohesive and bold vision of its successor, and there are a few tracks weaker than the rest. OK Computer has no weak tracks, they're all phenomenal.

Yes, that includes Fitter Happier.
>>
I do prefer The Bends over OK Computer.

But Kid A is the best.
>>
>>60775676

1993*
>>
>>60779106
Fitter Happier is one of the best songs on the album doe
>>
>>60779106
>defining works of art
what
>>
>>60779257
It defines the period of its release.
>>
>>60779400
how does it do that at all? there's so little music that does anything like that, the only one I can really think of off the top of my head is Beethoven's 9th symphony. Mahler had a similar effect on musicians but there was so much different stuff being played at the same time that it wasn't so universal
>>
I prefer The Bends as well, both albums are amazing though
>>
The Bends 9.2/10

Ok Computer 9.6/10
>>
Kid A and The Bends are their worst efforts, to date
>>
both - 0/10
ok computer is the most overrated album in history
>>
>>60775531
>>60776497
i agree with you my friend
>>
>>60777660
Solid as fuck homie, its not because you didnt liked a few tracks doesnt mean its bad, these 4 songs that you mentioned are pretty good m8.
>>
>>60775454
OKC is better overall but The Bends has the best opener of any Radiohead album.
>inb4 Everything In The Right Place
>>
>>60780064
>Everything In The Right Place
I dun goofed up
>>
>>60779912
Kid A exists though
>>
>>60777660
>Black Star
>title track
These are some of the best songs on the album, anon
>>
>>60780042
>doesn't mean it's bad
7/10 ≠ a bad rating
I enjoy the album, and again I think it's pretty dang swell. I just don't see it as a miracle on Earth.

Also I disagree, Black Star is boringly cliché as fuck
>>
>>60779048
Dude, get the fuck out of here
High & Dry is inarguably great
>>
>>60781249
I love the lyrics on Black Star, but I can totally see the tune being rewritten by britpop mediocrity. Sulk is the real offender mind.

Still a pretty great album. Amazing singles too.
>>
>>60775454
I agree 100%. Only good track on OK is subterranean
>>
>>60775454
Radiohead fanboy here!
I never listen to pablo honey and the bends. Not even trying to be contrarian but my fav are hail to the thief and amnesiac. I hate the scaruffi dick suckers on this board. Radiohead is one of my fav bands of all time and IDC if they are heavily influential. I like Thoms voice so much that this alone makes them great in my opinion
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.