[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: cover.jpg (10 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
10 KB, 298x300
It honestly just sounds like they copied the album structure of ITCOTCK track by track including the stupid quiet improvised wankery on the 4th track. I love ITCOTCK but this was really disappointing.
>>
>>60774888
The difference is that Red is better, Starless is easily a contender for the best rock song of all time
>>
Has anyone else noticed that Yes did this exact thing with Relayer and CTTE?
>>
what's it like having shit taste OP
>>
>>60774888
>he doesn't even get an album as simple as Red
>he doesn't like Moonchild and Providence
might as well go back to memepop music with such a shit-tier logic and tastes
>>
>>60774888
I like Red a lot but I prefer the vocalist on the first few King Crimson albums over any of the other ones.
>>
I don't think that's coincidence. Fripp structures his albums in a very methodical (albeit slightly unhinged) way. I think there's a discernable pattern. As much as he talks about books, I bet he literally juxtaposes the typical three act narrative structure and then composes his albums to fit in his warped conception of the conflict, climax, conclusion,ect.

Also, every damn album has some meandering bullshit track to precede something really fucking epic.
>>
>>60775467
Providence is highly better than Moonchild
>>
Other than the improvisation track, the structures of both albums aren't really similar.
And the improvisation on Moonchild isn't bad, you just don't like it.

>>60775186
Yes, everybody knows that.
>>
File: Untitled 2.png (7 KB, 342x107) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.png
7 KB, 342x107
>>60774897
Stop.
>>
>Hard-Rocking Track
>Ballad
>Tense Track
>Noodling
>Symphonic Epic
>>
>>60775604
Greg Lake is a god-tier vocalist for me. His voice is the perfect combination of straight delivery and melancholy for ITCOTCK and ITWOP
>>
ITT: Rockism
>>
>>60776256
ITP: Faggotism
>>
>>60776266
Top retort.
>>
>>60776256
Why?
>>
>>60776233

my wet dream is to hear greg lake sing 80's king crimson
>>
>>60776276
shut the fuck up antz we all know it's you
>>
>>60774888
Pretty much after ITCOCK a lot of prog bands used the same formula of five tracks.
First track being a fast paced rock song, then a short song, then a 10min song, then a shorter song, then a 10+ song

I could show some examples but i'm drawing a blank here.
>>
File: r-64321623101-4l.png (3 MB, 1369x1269) Image search: [Google]
r-64321623101-4l.png
3 MB, 1369x1269
Is this a prog thread now??
>>
>>60778136
There are good albums on both sides of that chart.
>>
>>60774888

ITCOTCK
>Heavy opening
>soft second song

>Red
>Heavy Opener
>soft second song
>>
>>60776116
Calling Fallen Angel a pure ballad is a bit dishonest, tbqh.
>>
>>60776082
the unofficial fuckingn piece of shite
>>
>>60774888
>two instances of a good thing are worse than one instance of a good thing!
>>60775186
Except they didn't, you can't imply that And You And I and Sound Chaser are comparable
>>
>>60778136
>left side: avant prog
>right side: symphonic prog
>>
>>60778136
Right side is pretty bad for Symphonic Prog standards.
Camel, Fragile, Phideaux, Anglagard, and Bacamarte are pretty derivative.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.