[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What comes after minimalism, atonality, rap, rock, EDM, even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 198x254
What comes after minimalism, atonality, rap, rock, EDM, even post-rock?
What comes now? Will the next epoch announce itself or will it creep up on us unawares?
>>
microtonality
neo-renaissance
neo-baroque
neo-ancient greek

Essentially go back to shit that actually sounds good.
>>
>>60773319
This looks like Winston Churchill pre-fatness. The jowls are already there though.
>>
>rap is actually worthwhile meme

loving every laugh
>>
>>60773356
>go back to shit that actually sounds good.
>go back to
>le born in le wrong generation xD
>go back to Reddit
>>
fuck you /mu/ I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion is this place just shit or what

what is even the pet album for 2015 because I haven't even been aorund
>>
>>60773446
All I know is I want beautiful melodies and perfect counterpoint, and somehow fit microtonality in there as well. I dont go to reddit, I dont pay attention to anyone's "generation" I just know what I want to make.
>>
>>60773470
>I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion is this place

Never going to happen.
>>
>>60773470
Literally nothing of worth was released this year.

The only good shit (art music) isn't mass marketed and sold as "albums", but released in performances around the world. The correct way to listen to music: live.

recordings just can't capture the experience of being in the same acoustic space as a performer or group of performers.
>>
File: folder.jpg (154 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
154 KB, 1000x1000
>>60773470
>>
>>60773473
give me an example? do you like Takemitsu and Arvo Part?
>>
>>60773356
What signs are telling you we're going back to that? What's your hypothesis?
>>
>>60773501
That is dumb as hell, you can do both. Mastering the recording is part of modern musicianship.
>>
>>60773319
https://montyadkins.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/nodalism-and-creativity.pdf

You can check out this essay, it deals about the idea of nodes in music (and culture in general) and how instead of some next big and new fad, we're going for a mix of styles and cultures due to their growing accessibility. Also because the internet allows for loads of small scenes and microgenres.
>>
>>60773531
I do like both of them.
The things I want to hear haven't been written yet. Thats why I'm a composer.

>>60773563
mastering is more to do with squeezing a recording into a new medium, be it CD or radio play.

If you think speakers can reproduce the feeling of being in the same acoustic space as a performer, you probably just haven't been to a live show in a LONG time.

Especially with orchestral music, no recording compares to live.
>>
>>60773470
>I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion is this place
Then you should have been a better OP.
>>
>>60773546
there are no signs of it. maybe a little bit of neo-baroque with arvo part. This is just where I want to take music.

Thing is, labels usually come after great innovative music. You just write music and let the critics / musicologists worry about the labels
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.