[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /mu/ I got this Burswood Acoustic guitar for free. I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
sup /mu/
I got this Burswood Acoustic guitar for free. I know it's pretty garbage but I was wondering if there's any cheap modding I could do to it to make it less garbage? Main downside I've heard of it is high action.
>>
B-bump..
>>
Bump, anyone?
>>
>>60772757
worth less than firewood desu
>>
>>60772950
thanks pham, I didn't know
>>
a guitar is better than no guitar. If you can learn to play a shitty one, chances are you're a good guitarist.
>>
How good are you? It doesn't matter how bad your guitar is if you're a beginner really, worry about your guitar once you have the fretboard memorised, all your scales down, know most basic chords and variations of each of them, and have decent pitch recognition and can hear notes accurately.
>>
I love it when people get instruments for free even if they're trash. There is such a sense of beauty in getting an item that can make such magic. The only mod you need is you Anon.
>>
>>60772665
>Main downside I've heard of it is high action.
Use light gauge strings to reduce the tension on your fingers and strum dat bitch.

Don't waste money on fret treatments.
>>
>>60773996
This is the most beautiful thing I've read on /mu/ in a while.
>>
>>60772665
No mods needed all it needs is you.

If it's garbage its most likely because of you, and if its good its because of you senpai.
>>
>>60772665
>high-action
You can lower it if there's a shim under the bridge. Loosen the strings and check under that long white piece above the pegs. Even though lowering the fret height might increase fret buzz, it's worth a try. You can set it back.
>>
>>60777445
lowering the bridge* height might increase fret buzz I meant
>>
Yeah its all grand if the guy can deal with it and learn to play on a shit guitar, but that's fucking frustrating to start with and he's more likely to just give up. Fix the action as much as possible. Google truss rod adjustments (if it even has one). If it still sucks to play, get a new one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.