[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be real with me, /mu/ >currently 18, freshman at university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1443318896829s.jpg (6 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1443318896829s.jpg
6 KB, 250x227
Be real with me, /mu/
>currently 18, freshman at university of minnesota
>always considered music my future; don't plan on majoring in anything else
>borderline high school tier Liberal Education requirements
>median annual income w/BA in music is $1,200 more than hs diploma
>classes (especially non-music related) have already begun consistently getting in the way of practice/shows with bands that have potential
Am I fucking commie degenerate or is it time to drop out?
>>
Delete this thread or the consequences will be severe.
>>
>>60763831
would this go on another board? I don't understand
>>
>>60763869
Delete this thread or the consequences will be severe.
>>
Drop out, move back home, and start a heroin addiction. You sound like a loser who will never amount to anything.
>>
I don't know. Hit or miss, senpai
>>
>>60763892
yeah I figured thanks
>>
>>60763951
kill yourself now senpai
>>
>>60763817
i was in the same spot as you earlier this year. dropped out, went on tour for a bit, currently finishing up my album and working with no conflicts at all. im not really in a place to give advice, but it really feels like i made the right move. if you think about it, you have around 5 years to make your shit work to still be in the same place progress-wise as your peers.
>>
>>60763817
dont major in music unless your like a musical prodigy or some shit. other wise its worthless
>>
>>60764117
That is key aspect for me, is the time involved in getting the degree when it could be devoted to more direct growth as a musician

>>60764163
my pipe dream is to score films, I guess that's the only reason I really wanted to study music
>>
seems like the only thing to do with a music degree is teach music - someone inform me if there are other common options. if you really want to score films, get a day job and spend the rest of your time writing music. or find some more practical musical field and study independently - you generally don't need a degree to do music.
>>
>>60763817
Move out of Minnesota and to New York, L O N D O N, Seattle, Philly, Boston, or LA. There you should either bring/start a band or attend a real music school.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.