[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
all i see is people either love Mac or hate him and i can understand why
i personally like his work but i constantly see people saying he just rips other songs off and I've only seen proof of one song
anyone got any proof?
>>
i know chamber of reflection is ripping pretty hard off of a song i cant remember the name of, and im a man is ripping off a george harrison song, but other than that im not too sure if hes bit anything else
>>
>>60758356
yeah chamber of reflections is a rip of some japanese bands riff totally different song in general though
yeh he admitted to stealing the start of a george harrison song but atlas he admits it people do it all the time and claim all the benefits
>>
>this thread
does it really matter?
>>
>>60758300
the whole him ripping off other songs is pity and childless
his music just gets boring after awhile. more of an entertainer than musician at this point
really good guitar work tho

but with his 24/7 tour schedule. mac isn't ever gonna drop anything really good or groundbreaking
which is fine since that's part of his slacker mentality
>>
i like macs music a lot but i wouldn't say i love it because of how similar all of his songs are. he gets boring quickly.
>>
>>60758879
this
>>
>>60758300
he's a cool dude but personally i find his music extremely boring, it's all the same twangy chorus guitar shit
>>
i have a theory mac demarco would be way better if he had a proper engineer and recorded an album properly

his voicings are actually pretty interesting
>>
>>60758879
>pity and childless
do you mean petty and childish
>>
Super Mario Sunshine
>>
>>60758879
>24/7 tour schedule
>slacker
you're autistic
>>
>>60758300
Met Mac in Oslo back in September, I think. Great guy. Has a lovable vibe about him.

While I kinda get some of the "arr sound same" talk, I need to remind you that he dropped Another One this year, which was quite a big change in sound, if you ask me. I mean, it's still pretty much the same setup as previously, but that's just how he records his stuff. I don't think he'd be very comfortable in a big studio environment, to tell you the truth.
>>
>>60759297
>taking that hard ass bait
>>
>>60758300
I think he's brety gud

I like his guitar playing style a lot and although not a lot of his stuff is super deep it's fun to jive to
>>
Salad Days is way better than anything else he has ever made.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.