[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post a better, most anthemic punk rock album protip: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
post a better, most anthemic punk rock album

protip: you can't
>>
Literally any post-punk.
>>
comes very close
>>
File: Midnight Madness And Beyond.jpg (16 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
Midnight Madness And Beyond.jpg
16 KB, 200x201
>>
File: MI0001715034.jpg (38 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
MI0001715034.jpg
38 KB, 400x397
The better of the British first wave
>>
>>60757779
Not city baby attacked by rats?
>>
>>60757793
I prefer this one, more energy but not on the metal side yet
>>
>anthemic as an inherently good quality

Good to see you don't get punk thanks for playing though
>>
>>60757782
songs on that album are so bland
only thing that was going on for the Damend were those rapid-fire riffs

Dead Boys were much better than them anyway
>>
>>60757924
Neat neat neat,
Feel the pain,
Stab your back,
Born to kill,
And of course new rose!
Deaf boys are great for American punk rock, but not as anthem as damned, sure sonic reducer and aint no catholic boy are rocking hard, but in my opinion with the damneds release of new rose secures thier anthem status
>>
>>60758008
songs you've listed are surely good catchy punk rock tracks, but seem pale compared to Sex Pistols'
>>
I don't know if they're """anthemic""" but PiL first edition, metal box, and album are all at least 20 times better than that image focused rubbish
>>
File: 220px-Heartbreakerslamf.jpg (17 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
220px-Heartbreakerslamf.jpg
17 KB, 220x229
This could have been the GOAT punk album of all time with a better production
>>
>>60758161
and this
>>
>>60758153
>including album

you lost me mate but first two are definitively better than anything he did with sex pistols you're right there
>>
Pretty much any punk record I guess though that isn't saying much. Nevermind the Bollocks is absolute shit. A shit record to kick off a shit genre
>>
>>60758193
Don't lower actually good CBGB punk by even associating it with british trash

we were over punk in the american underground before you fags even heard of punk
>>
>>
>>60758216
but Never Mind the Bollocks has superior sound, that´s a fact. In the UK record labels were throwing money at punk bands and getting them at the best studios, while american punk albums were very underground and hastily produced.
>>
>>60758303
>very underground and hastily produced
Bingo
>>
>>60758303
I think production is literally the last consideration for the quality of a punk album
>>
>>60758303
So british "punk" is commercialized and mass produced while american punk is raw and real

sounds about right
>>
>>60758335
I beg to differ, bad mixed punk rock sounds like shit no matter how good the song
>>
>>60757731
Literally every chorus on this is catchy, I love it
>>
>>60758358
No, just the sex pistols.
British uk82, first wave and d beat are definitve and quintessential to the punk movement as a whole.
The sex pistols themselves however are overrated
>>
>>60758216
>>60758332

>being so fucking stupid that you think completely mainstream bands on major record labels are underground

>>60758358

>being so fucking pleb and worthless you think your version of contrived adolescent lashing out is somehow better than another version and not equally pathetic.
>>
>>60758485
>being this butthurt
>>
>>60758485
Sire was an independent label when Blank Generation was released tho
>>
>>60758485
>babby can't into punk
>>
File: 1.jpg (89 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
89 KB, 953x953
Literally the perfect punk record
>>
>>60758640
criminally underrated
I learned about them by metalheads not punk guys
>>
>>60758658
discharge is super influential to modern metal
>>
the whole image of punk is gay, except gg allin, he was cool
>>
>>60758658
A lot of thrash bands were inspired by Discharge so they're big with metalheads
>>
>>60758640
>The perfect d beat record
>>
>>60758745
but that's Raped Ass
>>
>>60758759
Raped ass is god tier as is anti cimex, but, neither raped ass nor anti cimex would be godly unless it were for discharge and hear nothing see nothing say nothing.
As i typed it out i thought "what about anti cimex " but they are so heavily influenced by discharge, and discharge by sex pistols, that credit has to go to discharge. Perosnally i like anti cimex more.
>>
>>60758825
You have a point there, Discharge paved the way for a lot of awesome bands
They were influenced by heavy metal just as much as they were by sex pistols though
>>
File: wildarts.jpg (38 KB, 475x468) Image search: [Google]
wildarts.jpg
38 KB, 475x468
>tfw no one else on /mu/ has heard this
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.