[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning to sing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I wanna learn to sing. With friends we are forming metal band and we can't find singer. I play bass and I am willing to try singing at least good enough for backing vocals if I can't make it good enough for lead.

Where should I start? what should I do to improve my ability to hit notes and how can I empower my voice?
>>
>>60756539
grow out of medal xD
>>
>>60756557
This is not discussion about music genre really. I came seeking for help in order to get better at singing.
>>
>>60756606
still true tho m8 desu lmao grow out of medal
>>
>>60756539
Seconding this
>>
Wanna learn to sing or growl/scream?
>>
>>60756633
Not willing to argue about which music should be listened, since I think all music should be respected. It is ones personal preference what music he wants to listen too or perform.

If I find myself at home in metal I am gonna stay in metal. I do listen to wide range of music and metal is music I prefer the most so far.
>>
>>60756708
I can unleash sort of powerful motorhead like vocal at the moment, not a big fan of growling but screams should be something I wanna master too.

But singing should be something I wanna learn first. My influences are Bruce Dickinson, Dio, ...

I want to sing but want to be able to unleash powerful vocal since I don't want to sound like 5th grade girl.
>>
I forgot to mention I am having trouble practicing singing. I find it awkward to sing at home even if I am alone. But I have no problem with singing at band practice or on stage... until I come off the stage and see recording...
>>
>>
>>60756821
you probably just arent good

either you have a good voice or not, and if you're that embarrassed then I'm assuming you don't
>>
>>60757116
Jesus, this thread is horrible. /mu/ seems to be nothing but shitposting nowadays.

>>60756539
OP don't listen to think guy, practice along with instrumentals and develop pitch. Imitate the vocal styles of others and see what works with your voice. Very few guys have naturally good singing voices, it's something that needs to be worked towards. Just practice every day, whether it be in your car, shower or where ever you're free from judging ears.
>>
>>60757413
Yeah first time on /mu/, not what I expected this seems even worse than /pol/ debates
>>
>>60756821
You have to break the barrier of awkward practice. If you're afraid of being bad at something you'll stay shitty forever.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.