[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much plebeian garbage is part of your taste?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
How much plebeian garbage is part of your taste?
>>
In order to be a true patrician, you have to enjoy some plebeian stuff.
>>
there's only three good albums in that chart

divers, barter 6 and from sleep
>>
>>60753850
>max richter
>good

Cute.
>>
>>60753569
This is a disgustingly bare chart, explore some more, anon.
>>
Dont you talk shit about my vaporwave fool
>>
>tfw even more plebeian than OP

havent listened to garden of delete/mutant yet tho
>>
God I hate Topsters, the number of COVER NOT AVAILABLES or whatever is a clear indication that it's a terrible site.
I did however make this. It's an actually good 2015 chart.
>>
>>60754529
if you upload covers yourself they get stored in their database fool
>>
>>60754612
That's good to know, thanks.
>>
>>60753850
>>60753910
All of the chart is plebeian garbage you idiots.
Your inability to see this is just proof of your own plebdom.
>>
>>60754782
1. Define "plebian"
2. Define "patrician"
3. Prove why any album on that list is "plebian garbage"
>>
>>60754020
And here I was thinking I was the only person ashamed of myself for thinking Scar Sighted was AOTY while enjoying about half of Get to Heaven.
>>
>>60754837
How the fuck do I have to prove any of it? Are you that immature?
Tell me how they aren't generic, uninteresting garbage.
>>
I dont listen to any plebeian music only 100% full pure patrician
my sole criterion for somethings patricianailty is if I like it or not but still
>>60754529
topsters get the album art from last fm its probably lasts fault
same as all the black squares in 3x3 collag threads
>>
>>60753569
Fuck off boldfaure
Steven Wilson is good
>>
>>60755887
The Raven is good.
>>
>>60755776
>How the fuck do I have to prove any of it?
You seem to be very involved in the usage of these terms when you can't even define them. That takes away any credibility from the statements you make.
>Tell me how they aren't generic, uninteresting garbage.
What exactly makes them "generic, uninteresting garbage"? There have to be some criteria upon which you rely to make such claims.
>>
>>60755967
>What exactly makes them "generic, uninteresting garbage"?
Simple:
Name a single one of these albums that is a true paradigm shift or representative of a shift for the genre or music in general.
>>
>>60753569
A lot.
>>
>>60754020
i'm glad at least one person remembers that theesatisfaction released an album this year
>>
>>60753569
steven wilson plebeian garbage?
>>
>>60755991
then tell me how in an aeroplane over the sea was a paradigm shift
>>
>>60755991
>music has to be revolutionary to be good
It seems you prefer finding groundbreaking musical aspects over well-crafted reiterations of previously utilized ideas. That's how subjectivity works.

Discrediting any music for others over personal preference is a very narrow-minded thing to do.
>>
>>60756088
It wasn't, correct.
>>60756095
Name a single musician across all of history who is remembered because they did not innovate.
>>
>>60753569
>making a chart
>putting your own shitty viral vaporwave in that chart
>>
>>60756132
the beatles
>>
>>60756163
the point is that the chart is garbage
I forgot to attach the title but I thought my actual post would give the point to braindead idiots like you and others earlier
>>
File: AndtheRocinates_WhyWeDance.png (439 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
AndtheRocinates_WhyWeDance.png
439 KB, 500x500
>>60756163
at least it wasn't this
>>
>>60756181
Well by your measure all of popular music is not innovative, because if The Beatles aren't than certainly no one after them is.
Is that what you are trying to argue?
>>
>>60756132
>Name a single musician across all of history who is remembered because they did not innovate.
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. He stuck to the traditional rules of qawwali but his powerful vocal abilities along with his spiritual understanding made him one of the most powerful performers of the 20th century.
>>
>>60756277
>no one remembers him in the United States
If they aren't universal in the educated world then how the fuck can you call them remembered?
If it's not mentioned in a music history course then it certainly isn't important
>>
>>60756293
>man who lead to the worldwide popularity of Qawalli is not remembered worldwide and is not mentioned in a music history course

This is why I cannot take this conversation seriously, especially considering that you are complaining about innovation but doesn't have an actual understanding of Fateh Ali Khan's importance for the development of Western music.

Good day to you.

This is why I will not take any further comment from you seriously.
>>
Do you fuckers like anything?

Sometimes things become well regarded around here by actually being good. Stop being so goddamn contrarian
>>
>>60756367
>has no academic bases for importance
This is why I will not take any further comment from you seriously.
>>60756432
There are plenty of good, reasonably popular albums.
None of the OP are though.
>>
>People think they can just use "lol pleb" as a way to disregard anything anyone has to say

Someone could claim that Blood on The Dance Floor is the great band to ever exist and the reason no one likes them is because their too pleb to see it.

Said person could then dismiss every single objection with "lol pleb back to Reddit".

This is exactly what you fuckers are doing.
>>
>>60756489
>this is what newfags actually believe
It's amazing how mad people get when their taste is insulted
>>
So what's actually wrong with Carrie and Lowel and TPAB
>>
>>60756509
Carrie and Lowel is actually good, fuck the haters.
>>
>>60756502
This.
I'll admit I did enjoy Abyss, but only because it gave me an opportunity to introduce some of my pleb friends to darkwave.
>>
>>60756502
This desu.

I don't get why people take the shit said here so seriously.

Does people not liking something you like somehow lessen your enjoyment of it?

Granted yes, the more musically literate you are the more valid your taste is, but at the end of the day as long as you keep and open mind to new things, just do you.
>>
>>60756212
Give up senpai
>>
>>60757409
Are you arguing that no popular music is innovative or not?
>>
>>60753569
All of it of course.
>>
>>60757965
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.