[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just started listening to Animal Collective. didn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg (123 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
123 KB, 450x450
just started listening to Animal Collective.

didn't really like pic related aside from the first track, but I love Strawberry Jam.

where to next?
>>
>>60745085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2ssNnA_Es
>>
>>60745124
this is why i started listening. really excited for this album.
>>
>>60745142
Oh, then listen to Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished.
Both Sung Tongs and Feels have moments like Strawberry Jam, but are paced more closely to Merriweather. Lots of spacey, ambient type stuff.

Banshee Beat is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
>>
>>60745085

Deak is all of animal collective without him there is no animal collective
>>
>>60745237
This guy get's it. Feels has 2 easy openers, banshee beat, purple bottle, and an awesome closer.
>>
>>60745249
go away deakin
>>
>>60745324
Noah pls go
>>
>>60745085
listen to sung tongs and feels and also check out fall be kind
>>
That was their best. If you didn't like it then stop listening to them family.
>>
>>60745237
This, basically. Feels was my first and it totally blew me away, for what it's worth
>>
>>60745382
Ian Cohen pls go
>>
>>60745085
just work from S Jam, really. Then come around to C Hz. Then maybe you'll like MPP once you've heard that one. Don't ignore the EPs either, some of their best work are on the EPs, like the Vashti collab
>>
>>60745477
*"just work backward" is what I meant to say
>>
>>60745085
Centipede Hz is pretty much Strawberry Jam 2.0, also Water Curses EP is 10/10.
>>
>>60745681
>Centipede Hz is pretty much Strawberry Jam 2.0

this is such bullshit. SJ is my favourite album and apart from both having a bunch of weird noises and all 4 members on them i cant see the similarities. the vocals on chz are warped to buggery and every song is just drenched in needless effects for the sake of making bland melodies more interesting. I wouldnt call it SJ 2.0, more of a failed attempt.
>>
>>60745085
The very nature of Animal Collective as a group is that pretty much every album has a distinct sound. Luckily for you the EPs tend to sound similar to the album they accompany, so you'd probably like Water Curses if you liked Strawberry Jam. Also the B-side called Safer is godtier.
>>
>>60745085
listen to merriweather again
>>
feels and sung tongs
>>
>>60745382
SJ is their best.
>>
File: 1448880086781.gif (726 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
1448880086781.gif
726 KB, 500x617
centipede hz if you know what's good for ya.

DESU
>>
>didnt like Brother Sport
wew lad
>>
>>60750556
i know, it's my favorite song literally ever
>>
>>60745085
>didn't like MPP apart from In The Flowers
>loved SJ
exactly same thing happened to me, give sung tongs and feels a go then give MPP another listen - probably best to keep their earlier releases for later once you're more familiar with their more accessible albums
>>
>>60745142
Water Curses
Fall Be Kind
Feels
Sung Tongs
STG STV

in that order, then just listen whatever else is there
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.