[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of NIN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1280x853
What does /mu/ think of NIN?
>>
tds and the fragile are a couple of awesome albums, should i listen to the others?
>>
Ghosts is the best thing Reznor has ever done, agree/disagree?
>>
>>60740132
Post The Fragile is still pretty decent, with teeth and year zero sound pretty similar. Ghosts I-IV is great, especially if you've listened to the fragile and tds
>>
>>60740171
I'd rank the fragile and downward spiral a bit higher, but the themes from the them used in ghosts is great
>>
>>60740111
Saw them on the Year Zero tour, was a great show. Studio output is a pretty mixed bag, but The Downward Spiral is good.
>>
YOUR EXISTENCE IS FLAWED
>>
they're alright
>>
>>60740171
Disagree but I want more of it, and not in the form of soundtracks.
>>
I'm not sure, I just find their style boring, they never seem to reach a peak in any of their songs, if you've heard 3 songs, it all becomes very predictable after that.

Right Where It Belongs, the piano version is probably the only song of them I can say I like.
>>
>>60740300
I agree songs from with teeth and later are pretty similar, but downward spiral and the fragile had some diversity. Somewhat Damaged definitely had a peak
>>
NIN is one of those bands I can never get tired of listening to. I've been listening for about 12 years and each time I listen to songs I've heard 100 times I hear a new layer that I didn't know was there before and suddenly the song takes on a new feeling for me .

>inb4 DUDE WEED

Nothing I like more than smoking a bowl and diving in to some NIN. The layering and complexity allows you to absolutely be surrounded and engulfed by the songs. Not many other bands have this affect the way Nails does.
>>
I hated Hesitation Marks at first and never played it again until recently, but now I've been listening to it a lot. An instrumental album that sounds like that would be amazing.
>>
>>60740416
This is true for me too, but especially with the downward spiral. The flow is so organic, like Trent is saying expressing all his feelings using sound and noise, painting a mental landscape of his inner world, and I'm not even talking about the lyrics which I still think are great but don't do justice to the depth of the sound and atmosphere.
>>
>>60740171
agree desu
>>
File: tumblr_m7adclodBX1rbwq1wo1_1280.png (354 KB, 570x358) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7adclodBX1rbwq1wo1_1280.png
354 KB, 570x358
I'm surprised that /mu/ aren't shitting on NIN for not being industrial like Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, SPK, etc. btw I like NIN as well as all of the other bands that I mentioned.
>>
>>60742094

because people generally acknowledge industrial is a bad way to describe it
>>
no love for pretty hate machine? for me its phm and the downward spiral as the clear standouts in the nin discog. I find the fragile boring. too much filler
>>
Trent can fuck my bp any day. NIN has so many pretty songs
>>
>>60742134
phm is a classic in my mind. I liked that album the first time I heard it as an edgy teen, and I still like it as my tastes have expanded
>>
muh fav songs:

the becoming
the day the world went away
eraser
in two
right where it belongs
corona radiata

:3
>>
>>60740416
>Nothing I like more than smoking a bowl and diving in to some NIN
aren't they kind of a buzzkill?
>>
>>60742381
nah
>>
I fucking love NIN. I've never heard anything of Trent's I didn't like.
>>
NIN is good. The only people that disagree are those that pretend to only listen to "obscure" and "avant-garde" stuff because they want be cool.
>>
Trent is a great artist, really dedicated and versatile. It's a bit of a fluke that he got as mainstream as he did IMO. Favorite of his would have the be the Broken EP but Year Zero's pretty interesting (with regard to the lore and shit) and the Downward Spiral would have to be one of my all-time faves.

>>60740171 I wouldn't say it's his best but given NIN you can't really go wrong man. I find the tracks are hit and miss.
>>
>>60742094

I just assume that argument ended the same day the '90s did but I dunno
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.