[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I found my first honest-to-god record store (pic related),
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Today I found my first honest-to-god record store (pic related), not the multi-medium music stores I've been going to for years in what I thought was an absence of exclusively-vinyl shops.
Also general record store discussion. What's your go-to supplier?
>>
used to go to end of an ear in austin a lot
>>
>>60739286
is that the motherfucking burning world i see???
>>
>>60739286
that store has FOUR COPIES OF LOVELESS ON DISPLAY
>>
>>60739885
your mom has four tits on display
>>
>>60739286
>no CD section
Why even bother?
>>
>>60739879
Saw it at one of my local record stores for like 30 bucks, didn't buy it because it's not worth that much.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 427x240
>>60739286
Mostly 2nd Avenue Music and Everyday Music
Fantastic shops and the personnel have great taste
>>
>>60739286
Underground sounds in Ann Arbor
>>
>>60739286
Please tell me you bought that Melt-Banana record....
I go to the Princeton Record Exchange, they're fantastic, lots of cheap records in great condition. Just scored a brand new copy of Atomizer for $12 and a like new copy of Transformer for $4
>>
File: WuxtryRecords.jpg (152 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
WuxtryRecords.jpg
152 KB, 500x332
>>60739286
Wuxtry Records
Criminal Records
Wax N Facts

Those are my go-to places. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go to any of them in a few months. I do love them though.
>>
>>60739885
I saw that too :'(
>>
>>60739286
vinyl only stores are usually run by assholes
>>
My favoutites from around the world

>Rough Trade (London)
Its actually not that good, you know. It's just a tourist destination. Never seen anything in there that I couldn't have gotten anywhere else.

>Rebel Rebel (Bleeker Street, Manhattan)
The old dude who runs it gives you discounts or free stuff if you chat to him long enough.
Shop is tiny but totally decked with vinyl.

>Rock Bottom (Florence)
The most extensive colelction I've ever seen.
They seem to have an 1st edition of every notable album from the 60s to the noughties.
The owner fucking loves krautrock to a level that's almost perverted.

Unknown Pleasures (Edinburgh)
>always has tonnes of cool 90s shit like creation records stuff, classic shoegaze and madchester and dreampop.

>Monorail (Glasgow)
Run by the singer from the Pastels, its a great vibe and a cool place to hang out. Mostly noughties to present day stuff but there's a lot of stuff that's more tricky to come by.

>Avalanche (Edinburgh)
The worst record store in the world. the owner has never heard of bathing, and any time you buy something he'll end up giving you a 20 minute lecture about why that band "is shit" or "represents everything that is shit about music today". If he's not got what you're looking for, don't worry cos he'll happily open up amazon in front of your eyes and offer to buy it for you, charging you an extra couple of quid for "finders fee"
>>
>>60739885

They're all probably bootlegs.
>>
Most of the time I don't feel like going out so I buy my shit online.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.