[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the large majority of music depressing? >nogf >she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: howdy m'partner.jpg (210 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
howdy m'partner.jpg
210 KB, 500x667
Why is the large majority of music depressing?
>nogf
>she doesn't love me
>i had a bad breakup
>the world sucks

The only happy fun feel good bands that don't take themselves seriously I have in my repertoire now are Ween, Zappa and Primus

(okay maybe zappa took himself a bit seriously)
>>
>>60728507
*rock music
>>
youre listening to the wrong kind of music
>>
>rock music
>>
>>60728521
enlighten me? I'd actually really like some more light hearted music
>>
>>60728515
>>60728562
open to suggestions guys
>>
>>60728507
i assume you probably have already listened to some of this but here's some happy albums
>Ceres and Calypso in the Deep Time
>Since I Left You
>Port Entropy
>The entire Kinks and Yellow Magic Orchestra discography
>Velocity:Design:Comfort
>Radiator (by Super Furry Animals)
also the reason why a lot of music tends to be sad/melancholic is because a lot of people can associate with those emotions a lot more than just purely happy stuff.
>>
>>60728507
>implying feel good music is actually good
Sadness, heart brokenness, etc are all very relate-able and powerful emotions to talk about. Same goes with books. How many great novels that you know of are happy and bubbly?
>>
>>60728663
thanks anon! the only one i heard is SILY and I love that album. Time to start listening.
>>
>>60728583
listen to something that is supposed to fun and happy like /bleep/
>>
>>60728676
Depressing music is over done to the point of being vapid. Hearing people whine has become more cringey than moving. Nothing better than high energy good times in my personal opinion.
>>
are the Ramones not the most happy fun feel good band???
>>
>>60728677
hope you enjoy it :)
>>
>Ween
>Loop de loop and pull and your shoes are lookin cool!
>>
>>60728744
port entropy so far is amazing thanks man
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.