[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would they sound now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 5345345345.png (2 MB, 1666x712) Image search: [Google]
5345345345.png
2 MB, 1666x712
how would they sound now?
>>
>>60724023
Well Kurt's dead so it'd prob sound like ass
>>
>>60724042
>implying he's not on an island reserved for stars who couldn't take their fame with Elvis, Tupac, Michael Jackson and the like

kek
>>
>>60724023
i feel like nirvana would have evolved similarly to green day
>>
>>60724829
Pls no.
>>
>>60724829
I think they would have gotten really dark and experimental.
>>
Kurt would have disbanded Nirvana and gone full John Frusciante
>>
>>60724023
continued to be the greatest band of all time
>>60725058
this senpai
like a much cooler radiohead. a bit less electronic still edgy and grunge but fucking badass nonetheless and deep af
>>
>>60724023
Kurt said he eventually wanted to be taken seriously and be able to go up on stage solo and play acoustic. I guess Unplugged was the first step in that.
>>
I have a feeling Nirvana would end up being known as the GnR of alternative rock.

Kurt kicks Krist and Dave out, and he continues performing as Nirvana. After In Utero, he releases 1 or 2 overhyped, mediocre albums. The tours are horrible. Kurt's voice is wrecked and the touring band is lame, yet he's still somehow able to draw massive crowds.
>>
>>60725417
wow this is incredibly stupid why did you post this?
>>60725147
>>60725262
this makes actual logical sense
>>
>>60725417
Yer a dummy
>>
>>60724023
wasn't he supposed to quit Nirvana and play with Stipe before he died?
>>
>>60725147
I love Nirvana but this made me cringe.
>>
>>60725417
Interesting. I had always imagined Nirvana doing one more album then breaking up. Kurt releases a solo acoustic album then ultimately takes a long break from music to focus on painting and his art. He would eventually come back to doing music this decade.
>>
File: 28118942189.jpg (120 KB, 325x717) Image search: [Google]
28118942189.jpg
120 KB, 325x717
his voice would be even worse
>>
>>60725135
what does that even mean
>>
>>60725806
Kurt would probably fake his death, exile himself on an island somewhere, and spend the rest of his life painting in solitude.

Hey, wait a minute...
>>
Sound good
>>
Still would be shit. Grohl would either quit the band or get more stake as a soundwriter, so till shit only less edgy shit. Cobain would try to experiment, but since he had no talent we'd just be treated to shitty synths that actual talented people used 10 years prior. And they would continue to sell like gangbusters.
>>
Nirvana breaks up. Kurt does the collab album with Michael Stipe. It sounds like automatic for the people mixed with Rid of Me era Pj Harvey. Lisa Germano plays strings on it and the overall atmosphere is akin to what Slint might have done post Spiderland. Soft female harmonies reminiscent of Low are featured on the closing track (as has become kurts trademark), the most poignant song on the album.

Kurt gets the divorce, but stays friends with Courtney and their relationship. Courtney marries BIlly cogan, (as a result Machina never happens, every subsequent album sounds like Adore). Kurt dates Tori Amos briefly, who helps him finally comes to term with himself as a man and feels complete as a human.

Dies at 33 from cerebral haemorrhage while trick or treating with francis. She was dressed like Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice. He was Winona from Scissorhands.
>>
File: 1391168088004.gif (995 KB, 245x275) Image search: [Google]
1391168088004.gif
995 KB, 245x275
>>60726817
>>
>>60726817
top kek
>>
>>60724023
they would have one album after in utero where
dave grohl would have contributed more songs as a result of kurts absence
kurt would have been busy after having divorced courtney (after her murder of him fails) and gotten some help for his stomach pain

then they would have gone on hiatus as kurt didnt like bieng famous. dave grohl makes foo fighters in this time. kurt makes an acoustic album. then they come back together after kurt gets his shit together.
>>
>>60725147
This board is for people over 16
>>
>>60726817
WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALLLLLLL
>>
>>60724023
kurt would've probably ended nirvana after one more album and then went on performing as a noise musician probably
>>
>>60724023

like creed or nickelback
>>
>>60724023
Like Nickelback
>>
>>60724023

probably so shit it would be good
>>
>>60728345

Nah Kurt was too self aware to do anything like that. He already hated his work after shortly after he released it.

He had more ambitions than being stuck with a 3 piece rock band. He often said in interviews that he was tired of the same generic alt rock/pop formula and wanted to try different things. I think Nirvana would have broken up and he probably would have started other experimental bands or did stuff on his own instead.
>>
>>60724023
Like Smashing Pumpkins
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.