[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x493
my little sister (15) has asked me to get her a CD for christmas. I'm thinking about getting her this but decided to ask /mu first if they have anything better
she likes folk rock (especially the kind that tell a story, she reads a lot), regular teenage girl pop punk, and pleb emo metal (the only explanation for this that i can think of is that she might be into one of my friends who likes pleb metal unironically).
I don't know or care about the metal but other than that i think her favorite bands are Mumford & Sons, First Aid Kit, Of Monsters and Men, and Panic at the Disco. She asked me to get music she's never heard of, "but not too weird".
>>
>>60721702
given that scenario this is actually a really solid pick
>>
>>60721702
that seems like a pretty perfect choice anon. maybe Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel... might be a decent bet if your looking fro alternative choices
>>
>>60721702
be a great bro and get her seven swans, michigan, and illinois

aka the holy trinity
>>
Iamthemorning
>>
File: meme.jpg (130 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
130 KB, 400x400
She's ready.
>>
>>60721702
that seems like a good choice, you may also want to think about this.
>https://brownbird.bandcamp.com/album/salt-for-salt
>>
buy her some death grips
>>
>>60721890
rolling
>>
get her this. Joanna's voice isn't too weird here
>>
>>60721890
Do it anon. I got my first gf it for her birthday when we were 15 and I actually got laid to it. Not to say you should fuck your little sister.
>>
>>60722047
hope you shot your load to communist daughter
>>
Listen to this anon >>60721857
>>
File: wow.jpg (14 KB, 480x469) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
14 KB, 480x469
>>60722006
I was actually considering this (because she does read some fantasy). i might still, who knows.

>>60721890
>>60722047
I showed her Andrew jackson jihad once and she said his voice was weird so i don't think she'd appreciate mangum's vocals. Maybe next year.

>>60721744
>>60721817
I think I'll be on the safe side and stick with seven swans tho. If she likes it then I'll be a good brother & do as this anon tells me >>60721857
>>
>>60721896
forgot to mention but i actually like this, it might work but i'll have to listen to the full album before i can tell
>>
>>60721702
I wish I could tell you I think this is a good pick, but I think she'll think it's too slow/quiet. She kind of sounds like an average pleb. I could be wrong. Are there any softer, more introspective, or "yin" type media that she likes?
>>
Maybe try something a little louder if she doesn't have any attention span, like maybe WU LYF or even the soft bulletin idk
>>
>>60721702
Just get her some regular Swans
>>
>>60722840
he did say she reads a lot, maybe she's ok with something slower/more lyrical
>>
File: eitheror.jpg (3 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
eitheror.jpg
3 MB, 1500x1500
Maybe this? Although Seven Swans really seems like a good album to gift her.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.