[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kate Bush = Queen of the 80s Bjork = Queen of the 90s MIA = Queen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1447191597272.jpg (179 KB, 720x961) Image search: [Google]
1447191597272.jpg
179 KB, 720x961
Kate Bush = Queen of the 80s
Bjork = Queen of the 90s
MIA = Queen of the 00s
Grimes = Queen of the 10s

discuss...
>>
KPOP > WPOP

discuss...
>>
>>60715572
ur a stupid faggot
>>
>>60715572

I only disagree with two.

Madonna = Queen of the 80s
Bjork = Queen of the 90s
Imogen Heap = Queen of the 00s
Grimes = Queen of the 10s
>>
none of them = my gf in 2015

>tfw
>>
File: yes.gif (2 MB, 176x282) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
2 MB, 176x282
penises > vaginas

discuss...
>>
>>60715651
So what, am I gay now?
>>
>>60715585
Back to ur containment thread
>>
>>60715572
St. Vincent = Queen of the 10s
>>
>>60715688

No. It's a feminine dick.
>>
File: um no.jpg (37 KB, 553x323) Image search: [Google]
um no.jpg
37 KB, 553x323
>>60715572
>Grimes
>>
Mia and Grimes? More like St. Vincent
>>
>>60716050
lmao if you think St Vincent is better than M.I.A. or had the same relevance in the 2000s.

lmao.
>>
Grimes = uglier than a muthhafukka
>>
File: 13809395381_zpsuzqljjht.gif (2 MB, 213x221) Image search: [Google]
13809395381_zpsuzqljjht.gif
2 MB, 213x221
>>60715688
idk

how does it make you feel
>>
>>60716083
lmao as you wish. That will not change the fact that St. Vincent > M.I.A.

http://www.metacritic.com/person/st-vincent
http://www.metacritic.com/person/mia?filter-options=music

And speaking of relevance, M.I.A. is downhill since that failed MAYA album + that NYT incident.
>>
>>60716316
oh look it's the St Vincent autist who lives by metacritic scores
>>
>MIA

kek'd irl

she's a qt though
>>
>>60716470
oh look it's the terrible nitwit that has no idea that metacritic is an aggregator of ratings. fuck off.
>>
>>60716605
>art can be reduced to a number and a colour
STEMfag detected
>>
>>60716605
>'fuck off' he types, hands trembling from rage. He opens his 'Annie' folder and looks at her Dorito shaped head to calm himself down. 'So qt :3' he thinks to himself. 'Meanie trolls again... well not today'. He already has the metacritic link to her s/t album copied, ready to be pasted in case there's any more shitposting from this mean Anon who dares to question his precious Annie-fu.
>>
>>60716678
>''fuck off' he types, hands trembling from rage. He opens his 'Annie' folder and looks at her Dorito shaped head to calm himself down. 'So qt :3' he thinks to himself. 'Meanie trolls again... well not today'. He already has the metacritic link to her s/t album copied, ready to be pasted in case there's any more shitposting from this mean Anon who dares to question his precious Annie-fu.' he types, hands trembling from rage. He opens his 'Annie' folder and looks at her Dorito shaped head to calm himself down. 'So qt :3' he thinks to himself. 'Meanie trolls again... well not today'. He already has the metacritic link to her s/t album copied, ready to be pasted in case there's any more shitposting from this mean Anon who dares to question his precious Annie-fu.
>>
>>60716470
>'oh look it's the St Vincent autist who lives by metacritic scores' he types, hands trembling from rage. He opens his 'Annie' folder and looks at her Dorito shaped head to calm himself down. 'So qt :3' he thinks to himself. 'Meanie trolls again... well not today'. He already has the metacritic link to her s/t album copied, ready to be pasted in case there's any more shitposting from this mean Anon who dares to question his precious Annie-fu.
>>
>>60715572
>>60715615

We can't seem to decide between longterm critical acceptance and contemporary mainstream success.

I guess I'd have to say:
Madonna = Queen of the 80s
Natalie Merchant/Tori Amos = Queen of the 90s
M.I.A. - Queen of the 00s
Grimes - Queen of the 10s

Grimes is kind of blowing up (thanks to the promotional abilities of Roc Nation), she's been on the cover of a fuckton of magazines this year. I can't really think of an equivalent female artist at the moment -Julia Holter is too underground (despite being on Domino).
>>
>>60717185
>I can't really think of an equivalent female artist at the moment
St. Vincent. She's more popular than Grimes.
>>
>>60715651
well duh
>>
>>60717505
Nah, St. Vincent (for the time being) has settled into predictable artsiness. Her former appellations -"futuristic" and whatnot- are all being applied to Grimes now. She's actually getting the Ariel Pink treatment as well (ironically?), with people calling her an experimental weirdo and provocatrix and whatnot.

I like both artists, for the record.
>>
Replace Grimes with Joanna Newsom and you are correct.
>>
The only kingdom Grimes would be queen of is Queers Island.
>>
Who keeps trying to perpetuate the myth that MIA is popular on /mu/?
>>
>>60718624
literally the most discussed musician on 4chan this past week

but in general she's only mildly popular here
>>
>>60717791
No, because Joanna has that annoying voice. At least Grimes' voice is more tolerable.
>>
>>60717669
>Her former appellations -"futuristic" and whatnot- are all being applied to Grimes now.
Just for a while. Wait until Annie will deliver her next album.
>>
>>60715651
Obviously.
>>
>>60715572
>No
>No
>No
>No

We've discussed
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.