[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am wondering what people think of anthony fantano coming out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
I am wondering what people think of anthony fantano coming out as a opponent of modern day feminism. I have been wanting to call myself a feminist for a while now, because my views are very liberal, feminist views are very liberal as well. It seems as though people like the amazing atheist, sargon of akkad, and the needle drop can be very misleading. They are smart people attacking things with valid points. The problem though is that the things they attack misrepresent feminism, they never seem to turn around and say "a real feminist would never say this". I know, because I've followed the needle drop saga and watched many episodes of the amazing atheist over the course of some years and recently sargon of akkad, who I both respect very highly.
>>
GO AWAY ANTHONY
>>
Modern feminism is a joke and he's right for criticizing it.
>>
>>60713082
What's stopping me from stealing someone's riff and then putting it in a constant loop and I just reverb the fuck out of it and feed it plugins until it sounds like popcorn in the microwave and then I just record myself screaming and layer it 3 minutes in and finish "my song" and then I photoshop a picture of wooden baby blocks next to a pyramid and slap a name on it like "nutseed library" and then I keep doing this until you faggots find my shit and start eating it up
>>
>>60713082
NO ONE LIKES YOU HERE ANTHONY
>>
>>60713106
>>60713131
I'm pretty sure I'm not Anthony Fantano.
>>
Why do people even care about that idiot's political views? He's not insightful or interesting. Why?
>>
>>60713183
yeah ok anthony
>>
>>60713188
It raises some interesting questions, if you'd care to look at him as a catalyst for discussion.
>>
>>60713188
hes starting to make videos about it regularly on his second channel
>>
File: d53.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
d53.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
>>60713082

>no true scotsman fallacy

Anyway, you only have yourselves to blame. You have allowed the radical element to hijack the movement until everything associated with it is now a joke.

The amount of US citizens who identify with the word "feminism" has now dropped from 28% a couple of years ago, to 18% this year.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2013/05/01/has-feminist-become-dirty-word/

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2015/04/09/82-percent-of-americans-dont-consider-themselves-feminists-poll-shows/

The masses are leaving feminism in droves and taking a humanist stance on the issue instead.......which is about true equality, not radical bullshit.

You only have yourselves to blame tbhfam
>>
>>60713358
>Two different polls from two different papers
>>
>>60713358
I was on board with tj, anthony, and sargon until I started questioning whether or not feminism was actually what I wanted to be standing with recently. I think the non radical feminists I have talked to have a lot of values I shares. In fact, it seems like a lot of feminists have the same views I do. I have always felt disenfranchised from feminism because of the radicals, but I'm starting to think I should be standing in solidarity with the sound minded ideas that feminists have. I am interested to know what humanism is, I know that I follow one humanist page on facebook because it was recommended to me when I followed an atheist page.
>>
>>60713117
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1369929111826.png (265 KB, 501x408) Image search: [Google]
1369929111826.png
265 KB, 501x408
>because my views are very liberal
>>
File: fedora guy.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fedora guy.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>60713117
>>
>>60713358
>le feminism and humanism are different meme
>>
>>60713117
>>60713358
>>>/pol/
>>>/b/
>>
donald trump please kill this thread
>>
>>60713511
>desu senpai
Where the fuck did this come from?
>>
>>60715089
It's a filter Hiro put in.
t b h f a m = desu senpai
>>
>>60713358
>You have allowed the radical element to hijack the movement until everything associated with it is now a joke
Then why abandon it? it would make just as much sense to reclaim the term and philosophy as it was, similar to people identifying themselves as "classical liberals". The word itself - just the word - has become so associated with the claims of anti-feminists who try to convince everyone that feminism of any kind and humanism/egalitarianism are inherently different and at odds that people are embarrassed to simply identify with it. Are people abandoning the label because of some mass epiphany, or because contrarian edgelords know how to make webcam videos?
>>
>>60713082
They're all just part of the new reactionary movement that always develops when progressive ideals go "too far" for them. Whenever a group in power has their dominance challenged, they become defensive.
You can tell that Fantano is one of them. He supports Bernie Sanders, which essentially means, "I want free stuff but I want to continue to enjoy the fruits of white male privilege". I think you're going to see a huge reorganization of the political spectrum in the next decade. Fantano, The Amazing Atheist, and Sargon of Akkad will be part of the next iteration of conservatism, which will be closer to fascism than paleoconservativism or neoconservatism is.
>>
>>60715127
>Are people abandoning the label because of some mass epiphany

the moderate feminists don't want to be associated with it anymore because of the crazy radfem fuckers on social media and tumblr.

It's the moderates leaving.........leaving the radicals to run the entire show.
>>
>>60713126
Seems fit for the vaporwave general.

As a supporter of the genre, its your song if its obviously edited.
>>
File: 1412977805474.jpg (66 KB, 559x598) Image search: [Google]
1412977805474.jpg
66 KB, 559x598
>>60715321
>Fantano, The Amazing Atheist, and Sargon of Akkad will be part of the next iteration of conservatism
>>
>>60715611
sargon is a pretentious cunt but he's pretty reasonable, fantano and the amazing fag are ultramemes
>>
>>60715777
why are they cunts anon?
>>
feminism sucks

upboat pls ;)))
>>
>>60715801
fantano tends to talk about stupid topics in a serious manner and viceversas, the amazing atheist is basically a troll, all he wants is rustling some jimmies

sargon seems like a fair person desu, he's not an extremist
>>
>>60715883
>the amazing atheist is basically a troll, all he wants is rustling some jimmies
not true. he says things in a way that makes enemies, but that's why I like him. he doesn't pussy foot the fucking topics. it's refreshing to listen to him.
>>
>>60716123
I just don't like that kind of attitude desu, I get why he has an audience but it's not my cup of tea desu
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.