[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when the song of the year came out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 4L_M86LPURZ.jpg (104 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
4L_M86LPURZ.jpg
104 KB, 480x480
Where were you when the song of the year came out?
>>
>>60710928
in class
ran out of lesson to listen
cried cause terrible
tfw your fav band drop the ball
>>
>>60710928
In bed. It's 4am. I'm listening. It's great. Going back to bed. Can't wait for the memes.
>>
How do people hate this what the fuck it's the best material they've released in years it's fucking incredible

Anco fans ARE total garbage
>>
>>60711003
teach me to like it anon
>>
anyone have a DL or somethin
>>
Google image search gives nothing, what is this?
>>
>>60711056
Animal Collective - FloriDada
>>
>>60711056
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2ssNnA_Es
>>
>>60710928
Such good harmonies wasted on such a mediocre song
>>
It's kind of shit fham

It hurts but let's be honest
>>
waiting outside for seminar to start
made grill give me headphones and listened on repeat
pink inner ear headphones not a bad way to hear for the first time imo
>>
File: 1419982021677.jpg (45 KB, 532x504) Image search: [Google]
1419982021677.jpg
45 KB, 532x504
>>60711100
Cool get, too bad the song is p mediocre
>>
>>60711120
>>60711132
these
what happened to ancos top tier song writing
>>
how do you think theyre gonna play this stuff live?
is panda still gonna be on drums?
>>
>>60711213
Undoubtedly.
I'm super excited to see their next live set up. CHz tours were so good.
>>
>>60711174
It is in this song idiot. Sorry you don't understand the beauty in the world. Why don't you take a trip to the bayou.
>>
>>60711003
>IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE PART 2 OF (INSERT MY FAVORITE ANCO ALBUM) SO ITS SHIT WAAAH

And no, it's not that AnCo fans are terrible, it's that /mu/ is terrible. /mu/ is literally just /v/ for music at this point, and /v/'s mentality of hating everything for the sake of quasi-elitism is the cancer of the internet.
>>
Kinda shit. Sad about t. Saw that deakin wasn't a part of it and got excited. Sigh. Some centipede songs were great, so I'm sure some will be on this record...but this is the first single as well as the album opener? Shit
>>
12th grade Gov class, never forget
>>
>>60711314
>>60711388

you people are so dense and closeminded, I wanted to love it, I'm an AnCo fan but still didn't like it. Is that really hard to understand for fucks sake?
>>
just so you guys know, sonic boom said it's pretty much the poppiest song on the album so if this is too bubblegummy then I wouldn't abandon hope yet.
>>
>>60711450
I've yet to see a valid criticism of this song, only meme-criticisms. Just saying.
>>
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/top-50-songs-of-2015/
haven't you heard? Alright is the official SOTY
>>
They've been sounding like a second rate XTC for like 4 years
>>
>>60711450
Not loving the grass tier drums, and sick harmonies by Avey and Panda. Go listen to some Hey Light and jerk off about how shitty AnCo is now faggot, or take a trip to the bayou.
>>
>>60711493
Be quiet child, go do your homework.
>>
>>60711529
Nice that's why you don't like the song. Because you want to act superior. I actually like Animal Collective, so please don't call yourself a fan it is embarrassing.
>>
>>60710956

If you cried listening to Floridada, wtf did you do when they released CHZ? Killed yourself?
>>
>>60711559
so am I man but please try not to sound cringey
>>
>>60711559
>Go listen to some Hey Light and jerk off about how shitty AnCo is now faggot, or take a trip to the bayou.

Why the fuck would anyone reply to that seriously?
>>
>>60711575
If you don't realize this is the best song they have made you aren't a real fan.
>>
>>60711590
I really don't know. Maybe they need to take a trip to the bayou.
>>
>>60711598
>making assumptions and acting retarded
please stop destroying the stigma around Animal Collective faggot
>>
I was at home back in February when I heard atom dance for the first time.
>>
>>60711633
>Literally doesn't like the song to seem cool
Yeah I am the one making Animal Collective look dumb
>>
I really don't care for songs that reach a certain *point* in the first chorus and just don't expand after that. like it's fine to do verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus, that's totally fine, but when there's no building of dynamics through the song it just gets kinda dull.

even Fireworks has a change in Avey's inflection, Floridada just kinda loops
>>
>>60711598
Holy shit. Is this what the AnCo fanbase has become? Lmao. What a joke. Go suck Noah's dick for releasing that mediocre pile of trash that was PBMTGR.
>>
>>60711598
I really feel sorry for you.
>>
File: 1437936810350.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1437936810350.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>60711668
>he didn't llike MTGR
>>
>>60711598
lol
>>
>wake up ~half-hour after song was uploaded
>check Google
>listen to song
>decent
>chuckle at "Wipeout" sample
>listen to it twice
>go to /mu/ to watch opinions fly
>>
>>60711680
>he liked MTGR
Oh boy washy synths, aimless songwriting and vocals with too much reverb! What fun!
>>
Where's the Deak?
>>
>>60711680
nigger, that's one of my favorite albums but at least recognize that it had some shortcomings and was possible to dislike
>>
why the hell are there people comparing it to sing tongs in the comment section?
>>
>>60711559
Hey man I like the song but calm down, drink some water or something. That anon isn't a fan, get over it
>>
>>60711659
I think the song is amazing you autist, are you happy? Fag
>>
>>60711740
Cause it's shills trying to win back old school fans who think everything Post MPP sucks ass.
>>
>>60711740
because they're retarded

good song, but it literally only sounds like sung tongs because it's the same band; like, wtf
>>
I just copped the geologist cover LP

god damn this rules
>>
You're fucking delusional this song sounds like some campfire sing along bullshit
>>
>>60711745
>Literally can't form your own opinions
/mu/ in a nutshell
Go check out p4kike to figure out what to think of this song idiot.
>>
>>60711744
Fuck off, people don't have to like every single thing a band does to be a fan.
>>
>>60711776
Meant to say he's not a fan of the song, which is not a big deal and obviously doesn't make him not an AnCo fan
>>
>>60711774
nothing I've written can lead you to that assumption
>>
I liked it
>>
>>60711812
Uhhh after I told you it was good you changed your tune idiot.
>>
out February 19, 2016
are they serious?
>>
10/10 songle
>>
FLORFLORFLORFLORIDA
FLORIDADA
FLORFLORFLORFLORIDA
FLORIDADA

Seriously though this song is great, feels so good to hear something like this from them.
>>
I kinda wish the whole song remained conveying its ideas as cleary as does in the intro
>>
>>60711796
Ah, sorry. You cool fham.
>>
>>60711471
there no strong melody or chord progression or anything ie bad song writing
i find the production annoying
the lyrics are ridiculous
harmonies cant carry a song

never mind tho anco still my fav band
>>
>>60711563
i really liked CHz
this song made me want listen to it cause it feels like the same thing with a way worse song
>>
You all are so nasty in here. Chill out.

I think the song is great. The little interview in Rolling Stone definitely has me excited. They called it their Beatles-y record, everything upfront, no sounds buried in reverb. These guys always surprise me.

I also am very interested in the Dada/cubest/surrealist influence, especially as the press materials seem to indicate that AnCo are focusing on the intersection between human experience and artistic creation as a theme. They've never gone quite so "meta" before, art qua art. Excited to see what it brings up. It seems like a maturation akin to the Dadaists themselves, who turned their lenses back on themselves and their creations in the later years.
>>
>HEY GUYS YOU KNOW WHATD BE FUNNY?
>IF WE- IF WE MADE A SONG THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BEACH BOYS RIPOFF. BUT INSTEAD WE SANG ABOUT FLORIDA INSTEAD OF CALIFORNIA!
>ALSO THE SONG SUCKS! HAHAHAHAHA ITS GENIUS!
>>
>>60711895
The song isn't about Florida you mongoloid
>>
The chorus execution is not incredible, but it's super catchy and the bridge part after the Wipe Out laugh is brilliant. I'm enjoying everything but the shitty synths that accompany the chorus, but I can see this work very well as the upbeat opener to a Fall Be Kind type of album. The song reminds me of FBK the most anyway, with some Sung Tongs like vocal harmonies around the melody.
>>
>>60711955
completely this
bridge was the best part
>>
>>60711832
I never disliked the song pff
>>
>>60711919
>>60711895
#rekt
>>
File: mynigga.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>60711895
>>
I don't know guys, I can't get enough of this.
>>
>>60711873
the fact they say its beatlesy is exciting
hopefully that means therell be a variety in song writing styles
this song feels very obladi oblada the album will need some less relentlessly happy stuff to be good
>>
File: geologistpwcover.jpg (162 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
geologistpwcover.jpg
162 KB, 900x900
>FLORI-CACA AMIRITE

no but i like this songle. This cover is really great too, really wanna get my hands on it
>>
>>60711100
>I-IV-V chord progression pretty much during the whole song
>In the year of 2015 after the death of Jesus Cuh-RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST
The intro was promising
First sounded like it might be some onkyo microtonal stuff
Then they started building the groovy africanish beat
The second the vocals come in the song is ruined
Disappointment of the year
>>
i dont really like AnCo that much but this isn't even bad
>>
itt lots of contrarions
>>
>>60712019
agreed. Im really loving the more natural drum sounds, reminds me of the old school tribal AC
Plus i love the call response between avey and panda bear. #classic
>>
>>60711472
>http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/top-50-songs-of-2015/

>CoS

you shitter
>>
>>60712080
That is exactly the problem other people may like this song, so it is shit!!!
>>
Am I the only one who heard grass on the drums?
>>
I dont understand how being an edgelord is satisfying in anyway.
Its just ruminating negatively
How can people passionately hate this song. Like its not the best AnCo ever but its enjoyable
>>
anyone have a 320 download link?
>>
>>60711895
>>60712009
>>60712015
Except it's a fucking great Beach Boys homage
>>
>>60712144

It's the same people who think Danse Manatee is the best album. They're contrarians for the sake of it.
>>
This song sounds like the Klasky Csupo production logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd7nd6yF7i0
>>
>>60712171
exactly the people who hate this song are complete fucking children when it comes to music
>>
>>60712164
would have been way cooler 20 years ago

who cares now
>>
>>60711846
>there no strong melody or chord progression or anything ie bad song writing
It's not about the melody or the progression. AnCo has always been about creating grooves or jams that make you wish they went on for hours.
>i find the production annoying
I feel the same way about AnCo's earliest stuff, which is some of the worst use of lo-fi sound that i've ever heard. A lot of people feel that way about their most polished work, which i feel fits their sound a lot more. STGSTV, for example, would be a GOAT album if it had MPP's production. The production might be the most consistently polarizing aspect of their sound regardless of their era, so i guess this is fitting.
>the lyrics are ridiculous
So are most AnCo lyrics.
>harmonies cant carry a song
Thankfully they don't.
>>
>song of the year
Not when Hotline Bling exists.
>>
>>60712247
Hotline Bling is legitimately more of a meme than a song at this point.
>>
bits of it aren't shit, but most of it is really really shit

rip anco
>>
The hook on this track is so infectious. Sounds like they really took on that sound on PBVSGR and added Avey and Geo's touch. Added some incredible vocal harmonies (Avey and Panda were great on this track) and added some Panda Bear style percussion. I love the song, definitely is different for them.
>>
>tfw you realise all the backlash is just Deakin and his sweatshop workers shitposting
>>
Did Deakin leave the band again?
>>
>>60712144
>>60712171
>>60712233

hey children, people can have different from yours you know. it's not a hard concept to understand retards
>>
>>60712350
*opinions
>>
>>60712246
i agree that progression is often less important for them but it still plays a role, here its too predictable for me
ive always found melody to be their best factor so many fantastic ones its my fav thing about them
i love the lo-fi stuff so i guess we just disagree on that
its true the lyrics are often ridiculous but this is to much for me
>>
>>60712340
no one really knows why deakin was absent for the album, the common assumption is that hes working on his solo stuff but who knows
>>
>>60712350
will /mu/ ever change?
>>
>>60712397
it will for the better when you leave
>>
>>60712451
>>
>>60712247
terrible bait desu
>>
>>60712381
what lyrical parts specifically are too much for you?
>>
>>60712709
desu just the hook
>>
> Log on to /mu/
> See AnCo everywhere
> Pure comfy
Ahh yes, it's AnCo Season friends
>>
>>60711955
Speaking of the Bridge part. Is that Geo that sings the third line??
>>
>>60712835
it sounds like panda with a vocal effect to me
but we dont know what geos voice is like yet so who knows
>>
>>60711895
>ALSO THE SONG SUCKS! HAHAHAHAHA ITS GENIUS!
You didn't make a point at all, but this made me laugh.
>>
Holy shit these guys really fell off. By far their worst song
>>
>>60713000
it's miles better than anything from chz
>>
>>60713000
Hard to take criticism seriously when this is it.
>>
Bad chorus but I like the verses and as always, anco has god tier bridge. Regardless, this is a really disappointing opener/first single
>>
>>60713019
Nah
>>
>>60713034
Explain why you like it, it's always only scrutinizing opinions against but never opinions for it.
>>
>>60713067
The way the opening back and forth builds a sense of tension which the pre-chorus releases magnificently with Avey & Panda bouncing off each other playfully until the chorus hits and that synth tears shit apart while Avey plants the Floridada ear worm in your brain. Plus that bridge does its job of building the song back up for that final Floridada hit after it cuts out for a second or two.

It's pretty great in my opinion anon. Hope you understand why I like it.
>>
>>60713285
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when listening to it again.
>>
>>60713054
yeah
>>
>bridge has lyrics literally about a bridge
is this real life
>>
>>60713434
FLORI FLORI FLORI FLORI CHORUS FLORI CHORUS FLORI CHORUS

P.S quite sick of mountains and palm trees desu senpai
>>
>>60712962
Well it doesnt sound like avey or panda and it has Geos slight lisp
>>
why do we either have to love it or hate it?

I thought it was alright. Doesn't really get me too hyped for the album but there's no reason to believe it'll be shit either.
>>
>>60711100

It's no My Girls or Peacebone, but it certainly is better than LELELELELE.
The chorus being the worst part (it's a clutter mess) is a weakness that happens all too often in Avery Tare lead songs.

Kinda reminds me of a lesser Summertime Clothes though, which is not too bad.
>>
File: fedup bird.png (315 KB, 720x523) Image search: [Google]
fedup bird.png
315 KB, 720x523
>>60714166
>is better than LELELELELE.
>>
>>60714207
Seriously, "Today's Supernatural" needs more love.
>>
FLORIDADA
FLORIDADA

Seriously guys this has meme potential, is super catchy, and Avey/Panda shared lead this is perfect
>>
>>60714166
this
>>
>>60711100
Damn that's painful on the ears. And I thought CHz was a messy, trebly anal excretion but this just topped it.
>>
This song is great desu senpai

Fuck you guys
>>
Sounds like talking heads remain in light on LSD
>>
Also remember the statement the producer made that this song is the poppiest of the album. I have fairly high hopes for this album now
>>
Guys I'm seriously crying this is just what I needed
I've been so low but this song is just so fucking happy
>>
>>60711003

It's sad that the r/animalcollective on reddit is better than mu..
>>
>>60711174
What about the songwriting here do you not like compared to, say, Peacebone or My Girls?
>>
>>60711839
Idk, I like that it progresses from clarity to more ecstatic reiterations.
>>
god i hate all of you
band releases a cute fun single with cool pop vocal melodies and everyone just start trying to look like le musical connoisseurs.
if you dont like it fuck off.
also fuck the people hating on Hz, yeah it wasnt their best but it has some great songs. Why do you faggots feel the need to compare and rank everything? like wtf, is just music not some kinda sport, no one wins, no one loses, this place is really worse than /tv/ by now
>>
>>60715555
waste of quints
>>
>>60715591
Good thing it was quads
>>
>Go to preorder the CD
>6 Dollars shipping
FUCKING PIRATED
>>
>>60714207
>>60714528
What it really needs is to be forgotten and scrubbed from the canon of their material. Very embarrassing song, for them and the listeners; i literally recoiled the first time I heard it. That said, CHz does have some really good songs, just not enough of them
>>
>>60715555
dude there has been a lot of praise in the threads too
>>
>>60713871
It sounds like Panda's low register. Pretty sure it's him.
>>
"Comeback Deakin. We're sorry!"

- AnCo, after this washed out disaster of an album
>>
>>60715267
Why, because people are circle jerking it over there? I enjoy the song, but there is nothing wrong with hearing other people's views on a track, despite how stupid they can come off. There is no one or right way to view art or a song and i'm betting AnCo themselves reject formalism in this way and want people to judge and regard the album/song based on how they personally respond to it. That is, in fact, one of the main aspects of Dadaism.
>>
>>60714166
If it had more interesting lyrics I would say it's on par with most stuff from MPP and SJ. I don't hate them, but I hope the other stuff has heavier themes, this is fine but a little trite. Liking the song a lot.
>>
I'm digging it, I love poppy happy sounding stuff like this
>>
>>60714808
I think if you dropped it into a spectrometer you could see that it's empirically warmer than CHz.
>>
>>60711846
>no strong melody or chord progression

The sort of sentence that could be written only a person with zero knowledge of music theory who's pretending like he has knowledge of music theory. Embarrassing.
>>
>>60715059
Link to that? This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.
>>
File: QcinVX2.jpg (26 KB, 516x350) Image search: [Google]
QcinVX2.jpg
26 KB, 516x350
>>60715794
>empirically warmer
>>
>>60715059
Sonic Boom isn't producing this one. I think AnCo might have done so themselves.

>>60715932
It's on CA somewhere, can't be bothered to find it, but yeah Sonic Boom has heard it and said it's def the poppiest on the album.
>>
>post yfw floridada
:D
>>
>>60715800
what i meant was i don't like the melody or the chord progression
>>
>>60715988
:~}
>>
>>60715988
: |
>>
>>60715771
I'm feeling this. I like how the lyrics are seemingly happy but you read into them and they're quite dark
"Old
demented men
Where is the place
We can extend
Crooked state lines
Polka dot signs
Say that this place is
a state of mind"
I'm taking polka dotted to mean riddled with bulletholes
>>
>>60715988

¿.
^
>>
FARTY SYNTHS
>>
>>60715994
then why didnt you just say that instead of being a pseudo-intelectual pretentious faggot?
>>
goddamn that song was awesome. don't know why everyone is so eager to hate. can not wait for Painting With, the only problem is I can't decide which cover to order. probably Panda
>>
One of you fags has bought the stupid album
Upload Floridada in FLAC
>>
>>60716310
Nah you didn't ask nicely enough.

Went for the PB cover btw
>>
>>60715958
As in it's literally resting on a lower frequency range. Timbre is a real thing dummy. The picture made me laugh though.
>>
>>60716287
Panda's is the best.
>>
I'm still on the fence about the pre-order. link to any of the bathroom leaks?
>>
FUCK. I want to love Flori Dada, but it sounds too much like Centipede HZ. It doesn't capture the organized chaos of their pre-MPP shit nor the expertly crafted layered pop of MPP. Maybe it's a grower.
>>
>>60716725
Give it a few chances and listen to the accompanying instrumentals. It's pretty good imo. It sounds like CHz with better production and more pointed songwriting.
>>
Woah I really like the song. This is really a great look for them. I'm pumped for the direction of the album being their shortest while also the longest track list, the lack of reverb and over production. Really hoping for good things. Shocked when I saw how short the songs all are. Also, I personally believe the album is meant to be referred to as "Painting With Animal Collective", which is hilarious.

Some thoughts on FloriDada-
The vocal interaction between Panda and Avey and the propulsion of the song sort of remind me of Who Could Win a Rabbit, not in sound necessarily but in feeling
I love the sound of it. Its production isn't flat and heavy like Hz, and it's synths and all that are nice and well rounded.
The drums in the start reminded me a little bit of the drums that start Peacebone, doesn't seem like a coincidence to invoke one of their best opening tracks on another opener. Saw another anon compare it to summertime clothes, which I totally agree with. The vibe and pep of it are very similar, but I personally like this song better than summertime clothes, which I think is one of the most overrated AC tracks by far, but that's just a personal opinion that I know not many share.

it's gonna be good buddies
>>
>>60716789

I'm super excited that Painting With will be poppy though. Centipede HZ had some upbeat songs but felt too much like a jumbled mess of ideas to give you consistent good vibes.
>>
>preorder the album
>says bank blocked transaction because its from UK
GODDAMMIT I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO MY FUCKING BANK DOMINO YOU SHITTERS
>>
leaf house = did you see the words > peacebone = floridada > spirit they've vanished > in the flowers > moonjock > a manatee dance > queen in my pictures

official intro songs list
>>
>>60716928
>floridada above spirit they've vanished and in the flowers
anon...
>>
>>60716980
spirit they've vanished is weak without the rest of the album to back it up, in the flowers is weak on repeated listens
>>
>>60715988
:^)
>>
Someone make a Deakin cover
>>
File: The_forgetters.jpg (371 KB, 2048x1146) Image search: [Google]
The_forgetters.jpg
371 KB, 2048x1146
>>60710928
Imagine I make a product called Floridada(TM) and then I make an ad for it and use this song to anounce it (keep in mind in this figured universe you havent heard it before)
you would hate the god damned song
>>
>>60715988
:')
>>
>>60717202
well duh, you are contextualizing it with pure garbage
>>
>>60717202
completely true. That said, Floridada SOTY 2015
>>
>>60715555
>band releases a cute fun single with cool pop vocal melodies

That's exactly the point, fuck cool pop vocal melodies. There's enough of that shit out there. AnCo was always unique because they were more than just "cool pop" type songs. They made interesting songs that weren't merely just a catchy melody and a slick generic production. Just listen to Strawberry Jam compared to this. So much passion in their playing and interesting, unique creative arrangements. New song sounds like Nikki Minaj compared to SJ.

Anyway, stop getting so fucking buttmad. Everyone has a right to their opinion and anyway a lot of people don't like new AnCo at first. Their music grows on you over time.
>>
File: 7mvkjXK.jpg (39 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
7mvkjXK.jpg
39 KB, 450x450
>>60715988

How do I post "jerking off" motion?
>>
>>60715555
you made me feel bad about myself
ill try and change anon i promise
>>
>>60717008

In the Flowers is boring. Spirit They're Gone is incredible though. They'll never ever be as good as Spirit, Indian or Sung Tongs ever again.
>>
>>60715333

The chorus is to unnecessarily messy and busy. Other than that, it's not bad at all. Definitely much better than LELELELE shit.
>>
>>60717993

Whats with the hate on Todays Supernatural? At least it had a trippy arrangement and not a production that doesn't remind you of fucking Bananaphone for chrissakes. This new song is god awful.
>>
>>60710928
>Where were you when the song of the year came out?
I was at the Christmas Tree Shop picking up some holiday decorations, specifically one of those motion activated birds that sing to you as you walk by. An employee was helping me find it when all of a sudden I got a message from the YouTube app saying that Animal Collective uploaded a new video. I didn't have my earbuds with me but that didn't stop me from listening to it, I walked away from the employee mid-sentence while blasting it through my phone. I still feel bad about it, she was taking a while to find it.
On a positive note, the song playing through my phone activated one of the birds on the display shelf to start singing. Without Animal Collective, I wouldn't have this holiday decoration for my family to enjoy.
>>
>>60717685
good4u
happy painting god bless
>>
>>60718280
lol love it <3
>>
Where’s the bridge that’s gonna take me home
The bridge that someone’s fighting over
A bridge that someone’s paying for
A bridge so old just let it go

what did they mean by this?
>>
File: shutup.png (810 KB, 840x640) Image search: [Google]
shutup.png
810 KB, 840x640
>>60710928
pardon english

>I was at kickstar headquarters when deakin call
>florida
>da
>no
>>
>>60711480
Rec me some xtc albums?
>>
>>60718870

Drums And Wires, Skylarking, Nonsuch, Apple Venus

All are really good. Skylarking is a good starter.
>>
I didn't like it at first but I've been listening to it on repeat for the last hour and now I fucking love it
>>
The shipping on this album is prohibitively expensive. $13 for the vinyl?? Come on, Panda
>>
It's a solid anco single, but I still like the LELELELE single better desu
>>
I'm gonna have very low expectations for this album.., I bet it's gonna be dumb as hell
>>
>>60718755
best part of the song desu bro
>>
AVEY TARE (as baby): F-f-f-f-f

AVEY'S DAD: Father?

AVEY: Floridada
>>
>>60714528
Today's Supernatural is the worst song on CHz

I wish we could travel back in time and replace it because CHz is actually really good and doesn't need that shit bringing it down
>>
>>60719764
Honestly, TS ain't that bad, Rosie Oh is the real stinker.
>>
>>60719764
>Wide Eyed is the worst song on CHz
Fixed that for you bro. Although I will admit that the studio version of Today's Supernatural is the track that was most disappointing compared to the early live versions.
>>
>>60716928
>QUEEN IN MY PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM
PLEB DETECTED
>>
>>60718755
because it's at the bridge of the song anon
>>
>>60719899
>>60719922
it's father time
>>
>>60719922
>he hates Wide Eyed
lol fag lord
The acoustic version makes it clear even for plebs about how good a song it is

>>60719899
>rosie oh
>a stinker
Bitch please, did you even listen to the lyrics. I feel like you totally missed the point of the song
>>
File: 220px-Andrew_WK.jpg (14 KB, 220x214) Image search: [Google]
220px-Andrew_WK.jpg
14 KB, 220x214
>>60710928

Is this the new They Might Be Giants?
>>
>>60714207
>>60714528
>>60719764
>>60719899
>>60720021
>>60720004

The first five songs, New Town Burnout, and Amanita are all completely solid. Rosie Oh is pretty phoned in but it's still a good song.

The rest are questionable except for Father Time, which is genuinely bad.
>>
>>60720021
wide eyed was performed very well in the acoustic session and live (both with AnCo and at Deak's solo shows)

the ONE time he sang the song with no dynamic and with almost total indifference was of course on the actual studio version and i'll never know why. but it makes it a slog to listen to, especially since the instrumentation is rather static. it needed that deak energy.
>>
Moonjock, Applesauce and New Town Burnout are the best tracks on CHZ. I don't see how this is even controversial.
>>
am i the only one who didn't like the songle?
>>
>>60720080
pulleys is underrated. imo it's one of the few songs with tension.
>>
>>60719764

Pulleys is way worse than Todays Supernatural. Father Time and Monkey Riches are also weak
>>
>>60720080
mercury man is good too. imo father time, monkey riches and pulleys are total shit.
>>
>>60720148
Have you even read one comment anywhere on the Internet?
>>
>>60720148

No you're not, it sucks..
>>
All of the songs on chz were bad because they were drowned in pointless sound effects and radio static
>>
>>60720124
I don't think anyone is debating that. It's a worst song competition going on.

>>60720172
>>60720198
Do you feel if they replaced Father Time and Monkey Riches with Crimson and Honeycomb, it would be better?
>>
>>60720249
They were bad because of the production yeah, but saying it's pointless is getting to be a meme, bruv.

Avey and Geo were just going overboard with the aesthetic. The production works very well with Moonjock.
>>
>>60720259
holy shit yes. 10x better. and pulleys with gotham? honestly it would be 9.5/10
>>
>>60720259

Yep I definitely like Crimson and Honeycomb better
>>
>>60720080
it seems everyone hates differant songs on this album
i like them all desu
pulleys and applesauce are some of aveys strongest song writing
>>
>>60720259
Not either of them, but fuck no

Why are people hating on anything from CHz except TS? Any weakness from the others is held together by general cohesion with the rest of the album
>>
The versions of Today's Supernatural and Mercury Man on the Pitchfork Festival bootleg were so much better than the album versions. The rawness of their performance really fit well with those songs. I don't understand why they fucked up the production of the album so badly.
>>
nice try anco

florida water is still our state song and will never not be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au_uF1Gv_YU
>>
>>60720307

There's just nothing going on on some of these songs. It's a really uninteresting groove with an uninteresting melody. Whats the hook on Father Time? "LONG TIME AGO!!!" that's the only fucking hook. Same with Monkey Riches, just nothing of substance going on at all. At least Honeycomb is catchy as mother fuck, and crimson has a good atmosphere going.
>>
>>60720249
the interludes between songs are perfect they use them really well there
>>
>>60720347
>needing a hook
How did you ever get through Feels?
>>
>>60720390
Feels has hella hooks brah, they're just not accompanied by lyrics.
>>
>>60720390

I love Feels because the production and atmosphere is interesting and awesome. What is interesting about "Father Time"? There's just nothing of substance going on. I'm not saying it needs a hook, but there's NOTHING to it at all
>>
>>60720307
Probably because Today's Supernatural isn't actually bad.

The reason Father Time, Mercury Man, and Monkey Riches are the weakest tracks on the album, is because they're all high energy tracks in the middle of the album.

Look at the last three albums. The latter half of each album has slower songs that allow for tension, cooldown, and buildup, with just the right amount of high energy to maintain momentum.

But CHz is too manic. The first five songs are done right, boosting right off into being upbeat, with Wide-Eyed slowing down but maintaining intensity. Father Time suddenly ratchets that up. New Town Burnout is properly paced and spaced on the album, allowing for a breather, but Monkey Riches and Mercury Man just crank it back up again. The reason a lot of people value Pulleys and Amanita is because the album is finally toning it down, just in time to end.

If Crimson took the place of either Father Time or Monkey Riches, the album would flow much better.
>>
File: _.jpg (27 KB, 423x317) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
27 KB, 423x317
Where can I see the lyrics?
>>
>relistening
Nope, still don't like it
>>
>>60719899
Holy fuck what profound shit taste
>>
File: 11379833_657270581041889_28645.jpg (46 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
11379833_657270581041889_28645.jpg
46 KB, 200x200
lovelovelove Pure lysergic
>>
>>60720536
they're in the video description box
>>
>tfw no gf who listens to Animal Collective
>>
>>60715988
',:)
>>
>>60720648
what
>>60715988
:3 8===D
>>
>>60715267
Well go there and never come back you fucking underaged cunt. AnCo is for 14 year old girls and plebeians, alike yourself.
>>
>>60720812

I bet you listen to Chvrches or some gay shit you faggot
>>
>>60711472
>50 - lana del ray
dropped
>>
>>60711100
god that cover is shit
>>
>>60711871
holy shit kill yourself pleb
>>
its good that its different, really looking forward to this new sound. Looks very promising!
>>
>>60715125
this
>>
>>60720536
they're in the description box on the youtube video
>>
>>60720865
>bet you listen to Chvrches
nope, i bet you do though for the same reasons you like animal collective, pitchfork-drone.

>or some gay shit
No, i already said i hate AnCo you retard.

>you faggot
the irony.
>>
>>60721277

Then name some bands you like instead of being a little edgy faggot
>>
>>60719922
lol ew
>>
single is officially dank if dubs
>>
>>60721481
oooo
>>
Help /mu/ which cover should I preorder painting with?
>>
https://youtu.be/OwLq7Q4J5tw

whole album leaked!
>>
I like it
it kind of sounds like vampire weekend
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.