[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to watch live version of song >singer keeps putting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: are you fuckin serious m8.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
are you fuckin serious m8.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>want to watch live version of song
>singer keeps putting the mic to the audience, especially during the chorus
>I just want to hear them sing it

Can't stand this mang, it's like the singer cbf hitting the notes.
>>
>>60707511
if all live versions do this s/he probably just can't sing it live
>>
>>60707511

They probably can't sing it properly and rely on autotune in the studio, so they mask their low ability by getting the audience to sing it instead
>>
Would you rather he butcher it now that he can't sing it anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdKHgeJbAm4
>>
>want to watch live version of song
>Its a shitty cellphone recording with the mic clipping 24/7 so it sounds like shit and the whole crowd is screaming
>cant even see the band, all you can see is the audience hands getting in the way and the camera going all over the place
>>
>>60707761
Literally every recording artist in the last 30 years or so on any respectable label uses something similar to autotune you dumb shit.
>>
>>60707835
>Literally every recording artist
>Literally every

Maybe the shitty artists you like do, but there's many artists who don't feel the need to use it.
>>
>>60707773
he couldn't sing it before, it was just terrible screaming. He doesn't do that anymore because he took vocal lessons and learned how to actually sing. I don't mind him sounding like a goat in his version because there's actually a fair bit of articulation going on there. It's like he finally fulfilled his dream became Bjork.
>>
>>60708600
>there's many artists who don't feel the need to use it.
Not really unless you are listening to some shitty indie folk punk type shit music or someone who is actually a good singer in the classical sense. Anything with decent production value where the artist is singing pretty much is always gonna have some pitch correction. You are probably a pleb who thinks auto tune means kanye style robot voices, but in reality the majority of it's use is for what it was designed for, correcting pitches, and when done proficiently it's not even noticeable.
>>
>>60708989

No, I know it's used for minor corrections, but I also know a lot of bands who've need felt the need to use it. If they fuck up something during recording, they just do another take. Not everyone wants the over-polished turd sound and they want some imperfections in there, it makes it sound more human
>>
>>60709043
STEVE ALBINI SPOTTED
>>
>>60709057

Who?
>>
>>60709069
Oef
>>
>>60709069
baka senpai
>>
>>60707511
Will OG be the next dream team?
>>
File: 1447500917097.jpg (62 KB, 483x495) Image search: [Google]
1447500917097.jpg
62 KB, 483x495
>>60709182
>OG
>dream team
they're hacks and will be put to sleep next big non honey pot lan
>>
File: excellent.gif (950 KB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
excellent.gif
950 KB, 297x168
>>60709182
>>60709238
>dotards even on /mu/
>>
>>60709268
I'm a loltard faggot
>>
>>60709182
They just won the next major tournament after the majors so they're still going strong.

Secret and EG are really their only competition.
>>
>>60709043
I'm talking about music with mainstream commercial potential that isn't jack white tier hipster shit.
>>
File: 1447874096903.jpg (70 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
1447874096903.jpg
70 KB, 500x325
Do you think hes browsing /mu/?
>>
>>60709318

You mean shitty pop for people with no music taste then?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.