[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 2015. Why are you still harassing female musicians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: CVB21qhUEAAcLVY.jpg large.jpg (160 KB, 575x1024) Image search: [Google]
CVB21qhUEAAcLVY.jpg large.jpg
160 KB, 575x1024
It's 2015. Why are you still harassing female musicians on the internet?
>>
>>60707185
Eh that's actually not too bad, she didn't mention patriachy or systemic opression or blame it all on men. She seems reasonable and just fed up with b.s online.
>>
>is concerned about being objectified
>poses in sexual positions and has topless album cover
I've never understood this shit
at least LAVREN isn't super sexualized
>>
>>60707220
it's ARTISTIC, faaaaaaaaaaaaam
>>
>>60707220
>the "they're asking for it" meme
>>
>>60707185

Because only a tiny percentage of interest in music has much to do with actual music.

It's all about the penis/vagina interface.
>>
>>60707273
look if I post an ad on Craigslist asking "could I please get fucked by some stranger" and then I meet up with someone and get raped, I'm not exactly innocent in terms of intent here
>>
>>60707292
actually you are

you weren't asking to be raped, were you?
>>
Seriously though these people spewing this shit don't realize how embarrassing what they say actually is. It's embarrassing, not offensive
>>
>>60707292
As if no one ever changed their mind on whether they wanted to have sex... Yes in that scenario you're innocent
>>
>>60707220
She doesn't cover up to the extent some people think she should therefore she has to accept any and all comments made about her appearance? right, got it
>>
literally the most reasonable post considering what it's about, like anon said there's no mention of feminism or the patriarchy. she's just tired of retards on the internet spouting shit which is fair dos famalamadingdong
>>
Motherfucking first world problems all the time with these privileged little rich white bitches

Get the fuuuck over it, princess.
>>
File: tumblr_nquowr1eOf1rgw0ado1_1280.jpg (639 KB, 1280x1579) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nquowr1eOf1rgw0ado1_1280.jpg
639 KB, 1280x1579
>>60707185
all im doing is posting pictures on them 4chan
that's not harassment
anyway sufjan or ariel pink never complains when we harass them
>>
>>60707318
>>60707354
>seeks out dangerous opportunity, fully aware of possible outcomes
>negative outcome happens
literally your fault in that above situ
>>60707372
she fucking grabs herself sexually m8, don't try and make her look pure you piece of shit
>>
File: 1448589663882.png (923 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1448589663882.png
923 KB, 1080x1920
look at this Christian girl! so conservative! so controlled! I definitely get the sense that she controls her sexuality

honestly ya'll are liberal white knights or some shit
>>
>>60707390
>implying you aren't a white 15-21 teen male who complains about trivial shit

what else is she going to complain about other than the stuff that bothers her

how often do you complain that that little black kid in africa has to walk some distance to get some dirty water
>>
>>60707406
Seeking sex with a stranger is not the same as seeking a dangerous opportunity. Knowing there is a possibility of negative consequences of an action doesn't mean you are responsible for the consequences

A man goes to the shop to buy food, fully aware that there are other people outside and not all of them are nice. One of them robs him. Guess it's his fault for leaving the house where the bad people are though right?
>>
>>60707406
I don't even know who she is, but even if she posts videos of herself masturbating on the Internet that doesn't mean it's open season for people to call her a slut, comment on her appearance, etc.
>>
>>60707507
>Guess it's his fault for leaving the house where the bad people are though right?
yeah honestly, if I thought that there were dangerous place at a place to buy food I can wait or go somewhere else
>>60707542
>even if she openly markets herself as a sexual person, people should not reciprocate
hey man, she's not going to have sex with you. you don't need to stick up for her
>>
File: 2d02dcc5.jpg (171 KB, 648x459) Image search: [Google]
2d02dcc5.jpg
171 KB, 648x459
>>60707391
>tfw no ariel bf
>>
>>60707429
Complaining is a female trait
>>
>>60707429
>implying you aren't a white 15-21 teen male who complains about trivial shit

Yes I am implying that.

>what else is she going to complain about other than the stuff that bothers her

How about she just shuts up and enjoys being rich and famous for a change
>>
>>60707559
Guess you've never been in any sort of vehicle either because some drunk driver could crash into you, and that's your fault too somehow.
>>
>>60707567
im sure she does but that doesn't immediately mean that she has no other problems.

in fact that's the only reason this is a problem for her, if she wasn't rich and famous then people online wouldn't be giving her so much shit
>>
>>60707585
>in fact that's the only reason this is a problem for her, if she wasn't rich and famous then people online wouldn't be giving her so much shit

Well boo fucking hoo. The only way she could possibly live a more privileged life is if she had a penis.
>>
>>60707582
If I'm on a road and I see a thoroughly dangerous driver I will wait for them to pass by.
How many other speculative situations do you have to try and throw at me, loser?
>>
>>60707559
There's a difference between

>nice video, more like this please

And

>what a skinny bitch I bet youve sucked 100 disks you disgusting slut
>>
>>60707602
don't get me wrong i'm not feeling sorry for her, it'd be difficult for me to care much less about her problems, but that doesn't mean she deserves it just because she's successful fampai
>>
>>60707610
So everyone that's died in a car crash just wasn't paying enough attention? Everyone that's been robbed should have known to wait inside until the safe window, or just been born in a better neighbourhood?

Risk is not always calculable, things can happen when nobody would expect them to. Blaming the victim of a crime for not realising it would happen makes NO sense.

I guess you'd have known to avoid the Bataclan earlier this month too?
>>
>>60707629
yeah the former comment is useless and patronizing while the latter is an expected reaction from posting sexualized shit
>>
>>60707665
>I guess you'd have known to avoid the Bataclan earlier this month too?
No, that's entirely inappropriate of a comparison.
There's a difference between
>a drunk driver rushed up from a side road and t-boned me
and
>a drunk driver ahead of me recklessly stopped and I rear-ended him

same as there is a difference between

>I was shopping at a pleasant supermarket when I suddenly felt a gun at my back asking for my money
and
>I was walking from the shitty, dilapidated inner-city discount market and a bunch of bad people surrounded me
>>
>>60707694
But in each situation you must have been aware that there was a possibility it could happen, and taken necessary steps to avoid it. You left the house, or got into a vehicle. Your fault.
>>
>musicians
I wouldn't go that far
>>
>>60707672
Complimentings and encouragement are useless and patronising how exactly?

Abuse being sadly expected online justifies it how exactly?
>>
>>60707735
>Complimentings

Oh fuck hahah
>>
she isn't complaining about people sexualizing her lol. she is complaining about people insulting her constantly. which must be quite draining i imagine. reading comments like zombie, junkie, whore, etc... must be really exhausting and have a negative effect on her. she is basically calling out trolls that want attention from famous people by insulting them.

yes her post was pretty narcissistic and she is complaining about something trivial but at least she's self-aware.
>>
Whatever shes pissed off at instagram commenters not us

When she gets so desperate for attention that she has to resort to picking on confused /mu/ posting autists like you know who then i'll be irked
>>
>>60707218
>Describes systematic oppression and patriarchy
>"Well at, least she didn't say "patriarchy" or "systematic oppression" I'll take her seriously now.

Interesting point
>>
>>60707185
>expecting to be able to change every single person in the world just by posting about it on instagram
i don't agree with the remarks they receive but why do musicians have to be so fucking dumb?
>>
>>60708353
Hey i have a question for people who believe in things like "systematic opression" and "male dominated society". So basically if sexism is so ingraned in our infrastructure does that basically give me a pass to be as sexist and racist as i want? After all i'm just the product of a system, it isn't my fault.

Just playing devil's advocate here
>>
>current year
Your claim is dismissed.
>>
>#catpower
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>60709260
She will harness that gravitational pull of her beefcurtain labia to solve the energy crisis.
>>
>Miley Cyrus
>Azelia Banks
None of the artists she named make good music, for one.
>>
>>60707185
Her existance/value IS strictly based off her appearance for a lot of people. She's a model, it's her job to look good. She can totally complain about people calling her a bitch or whatever though, but it can be hard to see where the line is crossed between critisism and harassment when you're judging the way someone looks.
>>
>>60707220
>what is consent?
>>
>>60707507
Getting robbed while doing an everyday mundane task is quite rare.
If you seek to have sex with a stranger, the chances are higher that something dangerous could happen.
Apples and oranges desu senpai.
>>
>>60707711
Ok this logic is retarded.
>>
>>60707711
responsibility isn't one-sided.

I think what the other guy is saying is that if you enter a knowingly dangerous situation, you have to be willing to accept the fact that something bad might happen to you and that therefore some of the responsibility for the bad thing that happened is on you.

Obviously he isn't saying that everything that happened to the victim is 100% their fault, but rather that the victim isn't totally powerless in calculating the risk of entering a situation and at least some of the blame can fall upon their shoulders.

The lion's share of the blame should still fall upon the perpetrator though and that person should definitely receive whatever justice is coming to him/her.
>>
>>60707185
>white knighting an attention whore, because she's an attractive female

I'm glad I grew out of my white knighting tendencies, shits pathetic
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.