[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's his best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: sufjan_stevens.jpg (212 KB, 1023x691) Image search: [Google]
sufjan_stevens.jpg
212 KB, 1023x691
What's his best album?
>>
Michigan
>>
sufjan fucking sucks. the best thing to come from his cavalcade of wank is MY Brightest Diamond who shits all over Sufjan's faggot jew rock
>>
Illinois
>>
sad nigga christmas carols
>>
Michigan > Illinois > C&L > Christmas = Seven Swans > that other one
>>
Illinois>Carrie and Lowel>Age of ADZ>Michigan>Seven Swans>trash and Christmas stuff
>>
Age of Adz > Illinois > rest
>>
>>60697279
This desu senpai
>>
>>60696174
Illinois but none of them are really that great imo
>>
>>60696174
It's better to tier them

Tier One: Age of Adz and Illinois
Tier Two: Carrie and Lowell, All Delighted People
Tier Three: Avalanche, Michigan, Enjoy Your Rabbit
Tier Four: Seven Swans, Christmas
Tier Five: A Sun Came
>>
>>60697241
>Michigan > Illinoi
People who think Michigan is better than Illinois are just contrarians. Illinois took everything that Michigan did well and did it better. Michigan is a great album, but come on.

I'll tier mine as well. Can't put them in a linear order.

Tier One
>Adz
>Carrie & Lowell
>Illinois

Tier Two
>All Delighted People
>Seven Swans

Tier Three
>Michigan
>Avalanche

Tier Four
>A Sun Came
>Enjoy Your Rabbit
>Christmas stuff
>>
>>60696209
>>60697241
Age of adz is my fav, but michigan is best
>>
why is so ugly ewwwww

i bet he has a small prick too
>>
>>60696209
>>60697241

michigan is undeniably his best "folk" album but can you honestly argue that it's as interesting, unique, and powerful as Illinois and age of adz? In my experience the people who think Michigan is his best album are ones who value accessibility over experimentation or emotional impact.

>>60699710
you had a point with the illinois and michigan part but then somehow ranked seven swans over michigan. Michigan is to seven swans and the avalance what illinois is to michigan.
>>
>>60700506
I don't think Michigan is to Illinois as Seven Swans is to Michigan. Yes MI and SS share similarities, but the lyrical content and overall vibe of the two albums are different. MI and IL are much more comparable in my opinion.
>>
File: 1445914092029.png (237 KB, 323x419) Image search: [Google]
1445914092029.png
237 KB, 323x419
>The BQE

>Carrie and Lowell = Illinois = Age of Adz
>Michigan = All Delighted People
>Seven Swans = Christmas
>The Avalanche = Enjoy Your Rabbit
>A Sun Came

>The BQE
>>
>>60700506
I like Michigan because I think it sets a tone unlike any other.
It's a weird tone-like a personal one. The only other albums I have ever gotten this feeling from is strangly A Rush Of Blood To The Head by Coldplay and OK Computer by Radiohead.

Part of it has to do with the fact that He describes my home state perfectly, and it touches home every time.
It also has a great ending to it.

It's the only album I have ever cried to as well.

Illinois is just as good don't get me wrong. Nothing beats driving into Chicago on a cold early spring day to catch a flight out of ohair listening to the album.
>>
>>60700807
>It has a great ending
This
Pickerel Lake is definitely among my favorite Sufjan songs
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.