[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disappointing live shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: ronaldo2x2.jpg (66 KB, 468x422) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo2x2.jpg
66 KB, 468x422
What are the most disappointing live shows you've ever seen? Mine are:

GZA
Kendrick Lamar
Perfect Pussy
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
Autolux
Quilt
Why? (Yoni broke his arm the night before the show, so there was no guitar)
Cults
Flying Lotus
>>
is ronaldo's wife gonna kek him with the guy in front?
>>
>>60695675

why was this disappointing?
I;ve never seen ariel desu just wondering.
>>
>perfect pussy

What were you expecting? They're a shit band
>>
>>60695749
OP here,
I just went because my wife and her girlfriend cancelled their date so i thought i should go anyway since i paid for the tickets
>>
>>60695675
Loefah (didn't show up)
Scuba (just a garbage minimal tech-house set)
DJ Fresh (played 0 drum n bass just wobble shit)
>>
File: ronaldo_dubs_date.jpg (291 KB, 1222x857) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo_dubs_date.jpg
291 KB, 1222x857
>>60695720

Ariel only played for about 35 minutes and seemed out of his mind on drugs. Apparently this is normal for his shows. Luckily Os Mutantes opened for him, so it wasn't a total waste.

>>60695749

Real OP here, I mostly went to see Joanna Gruesome for that show. I like Perfect Pussy's album a lot, but at the live show they just sped through some tracks and were done in 20 minutes.

>>60695690

Yep, Ronaldo and his wife always kek people in crowds
>>
>>60695675
>Flying Lotus
one of if not the best live shows ive ever been to tbphwyf
>>
I was dragged by my buddy to see Blur at Madison Square Garden recently. Being up close to the front of the crowd was the funniest thing. There were only like 400 - 600 people there (MSG is 20,000+ capacity). Several people up front were trashing them, calling them cunts and cursing them out. One guy showed up with "Blur: are shite" shirts and tried to fight security members to get on stage and heckle the band.

As far as their set goes, the band came on late and played mainly songs from Parklife (the only Blur album I've ever heard). The singer sounded like he was a constipated 80 year old, the guitar was all out of tune and I couldn't even hear the bass. None of the band members seemed to be enjoying themselves and they repeatedly made mistakes. The only songs I recognized were Song 2, Girls and Boys, and Parklife, all of which were butchered miserably. The rest of the songs were very boring and sounded the same. The sound was far too quiet for the gig and most people around us began having a conversation. A lot of the crowd left after Parklife and even more so after Song 2, it seemed like there were probably less than 100 hardcore fans in an audience. The show closer was an anti-climax and singer walked off the second the show was done and the rest of the band shortly followed suit, no acknowledgement of the fans, whatsoever.
>>
>>60696005
>done in 20 minutes
that's how long their album is doe
>>
File: a-rod.jpg (60 KB, 634x357) Image search: [Google]
a-rod.jpg
60 KB, 634x357
>>60696048

Didn't Courtney Barnett open for them on that show though? It'd be worth it just to see her.
>>
>>60696048

What the fuck are you talking about moron? That show was sold out and it was awesome.
>>
File: jake-jay-bey.jpg (105 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
jake-jay-bey.jpg
105 KB, 640x560
>>
File: steve-aoki.jpg (182 KB, 1024x955) Image search: [Google]
steve-aoki.jpg
182 KB, 1024x955
Any House concert.
>>
>>60695675
Saw Tame Impala at Sasquatch this past year, pretty underwhelming, especially considering I was genuinely looking forward to the show.
>>
>>60696048
nice pasta
>>
>>60697791

I've seen them a couple times and they were great at both of them. I saw them on their first US tour when Wayne Coyne's nephew opened for them and then a few months ago on the Currents tour. They were better the first time, but still great both times.
>>
>>60697320
damn donnies getting old
>>
>>60695850
Kek
>>
File: mag-jake-ruth.jpg (154 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
mag-jake-ruth.jpg
154 KB, 720x1080
>>60698156

He has awesome threesomes though
>>
>Capsize
They fucking killed it, but there was an audience of about 10-12 people total, and nobody would move around during their set or during any of the openers.
>>
>>60695675
I saw Kendrick after Section.80 came out and he put on a pretty good show desu senpai
>>
damn you didn't like FlyLo live? I loved it when I saw him, he played lots of my favorite songs and had a cool ass gas mask
>>
>>60699090
yeah flylo was dope when i saw him
>>
>>60695720
Saw AP this weekend, they put on a great performance, and it was definetly more than 35 min. He looked clean and did a good job
>>
>>60697684

Dusky was pretty lit tbhfam
>>
>>60696048
This might be pasta but at least its an appropriate post. I mean just saying a band was boring or whatever is totally lazy and just isn't fun to read.

I mean OP's post was total shite because he said like every concert he went too was bad... wowsers kiddo, some insight.

I know you don't want to TLDR but... I mean put out some effort to write a blurb about why the bands sucked if you want to have a fun thread.
>>
>>60696043
this, maybe OP's experience was an outlier b/c any time I've seen a Flying Lotus show it's always been fucking stellar
>>
>>60697684
you sound so sure of yourself there, faggot. maybe try seeing a house show that isn't in the vein of Steve Aokuck and you just might enjoy it
>>
Meme grips
swans
>>
>>60699721
Worst b8 of the year m8
>>
File: bomani1.png (312 KB, 788x344) Image search: [Google]
bomani1.png
312 KB, 788x344
>>60699472
>I mean OP's post was total shite because he said like every concert he went too was bad

I've been going to 20-30 concerts a year for the past 5 years and named 9 that were disappointing.

Explanations for some of them

>flylo
He just pressed play on a laptop and stood there for an hour. The music was still good, but I could have just invited some friends to my place and played his album for the same effect.

>Gza and Kendrick Lamar
Neither of them had much energy at all when I saw them. I love their albums, but they just didn't bring it live. It didn't help that both of them were outperformed immensely by other people on the show (Killer Mike blew GZA away, Kanye blew Kendrick away)

>autolux
They got a flat tire on the way to the show and decided to act like bitches and play a short set. I understand it was annoying for them, but a sold out crowd stood around for 2 hours waiting for them and got very little in return.
>>
Every classic alternative show. They're just so old now, it's expected of classic rock but it's hard to believe bands that I remember being new and popular are now in their 50s.

I think Pixies was the worst though, maybe New Order.

It's like just stop, don't kill your legacy
>>
>>60699192
Mexefest? People are shitting all over him for his performance
>>
File: cringeney spears.gif (1020 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
cringeney spears.gif
1020 KB, 500x281
>What are the most disappointing live shows you've ever seen?

VNV Nation
Static X
St. Vincent
Pixies
Incubus
James
Tool
>>
My girlfriend, two friends of ours, and I bought tickets to a Beirut concert at my uni because Julia Holter was gonna open for them. She was OK, but Beirut was terrible. I don't really like them in the first place, but I expected to sort of enjoy the music. Instead, we had to leave three songs in because of the terrible sound quality. I don't know if their speakers were broken or what, but everything was mixed together and was making a really bad droning noise.
>>
>>60695675
earl fucking sweatshirt. It was just him and his boys dancing to trap music off a laptop for 90 minutes. he literally sang like 5 songs through the whole show.
>>
>>60700184

They broke up again, but the Guided by Voices reunion tours were the best concerts I've ever seen. Same for the Pavement reunion. I've heard the Pixies shows were bad too though, but I don't think they were ever really known as being a great live band.
>>
>Northlane
>Erra
>Born of Osiris
>>
Riff Raff disappointed me because he came on super late and performed for like a half hour, but Flocka came on right after and performed for like two hours and made everything better.
>>
>>60697791
Just saw them in october in philly and thought the show was phenominal, crowd was going nuts and the drummer was incredible
>>
Architecture in Helsinki
Chance the Rapper
Metric
>>
I have yet to be dissapponted by a show. Of course, I only go to shows if I'm pretty certain I'm going to enjoy myself.

I'm thinking of seeing They Might Be Giants. Do they put on a good show?
>>
Kanye West (irredeemably awful)
Modest Mouse (underwhelming + terrible venue)
Kendrick Lamar (disappointing but not altogether terrible)
>>
>>60700474
Speaking of reunions, how about MBV? I've heard it was good but nowhere near the jet-engine shit they used to do.
>>
guided by voices
jesus and mary chain
>>
Animal Collective was easily the worst I've ever seen. They just dicked around for 90 minutes and the show was over. Some plebs claim this was them experimenting with new material, but it wasn't enjoyable at all. When I pay to see a band, I want to hear them play actual songs, not fuck around and try to make new shit.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.