[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that this is not mallcore/scenecore and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: The_Mindsweep_Cover.jpg (583 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Mindsweep_Cover.jpg
583 KB, 300x300
Friendly reminder that this is not mallcore/scenecore and it's actually decent
>>
>>60685158
bought this for nostalgias sake

its not great but its not the worst thing ive ever listened to

TTTS was genuinely decent tho
>>
>>60685238
I'm curious as to why people say TTTS was their greatest work and their newer efforts are shitty
I loved and still love TTTS, but looking at it in an objective way, it is far less diverse than The Mindsweep and not so interesting from a purely musical point-of-view. Other than nostalgic reasons, I seriously don't get why people say that
>>
>>60685263
the political stuff is just really cringey

Rou uses big words to sound educated

the electronic side sounds really generic

they were just better off being youngsters making slightly unique metalcore
>>
>>60685287
But the Mindsweep isn't THAT much about political stuff (i.e. The One True Colour, Never Let Go, Myopia...) and I found it's not as overall cringey as Constellations, for instance
>>
>>60685362
>Myopia
about global warming and short sighted leaders

>the one true colour
references racial segregation

>Never Let Go of The Microscope
>WE SWEAR ALLEGIANCE TO NO ONE
also that song is one of the worst on the album anyways
>>
>>60685533
I'm not sure One True Colour is about racial segregation. That one would be Torn Apart, but well, maybe I'm wrong
Okay m8, I got your point, but again I don't see anything particularly wrong about it
>>
>>60685704
thats the thing, theres nothing really wrong with it but theres nothing fantastic about it either

its a pretty cozy 6/10

they showed so much promise in TTTS and Common Dreads would have been great if it didnt have extremely cringe-tier lyrics in every single song, they just got too political
>>
>>60685287
TTS was political as well.
>>
>>60685746
And just out of curiosity, how would you rate AFFOC?
>>
>>60685778
Not to the extent of their new work
And I'm sure you wouldn't interpret the metaforical TTTS lyrics as "political" if the band hadn't gone that way after
>>
>>60685808
They have stated from the beginning that No Sssweat is about polluting the earth
>>
mallgoth tago mago
>>
File: 1445997406715.jpg (67 KB, 614x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445997406715.jpg
67 KB, 614x1024
i love this band's sound but rout is such a bluepilled neckbeard it isn't even funny

>DUDE GOVERNMENT LMAO
>DUDE RELIGION LMAO
>DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
>>
>>60685158
I unironically love ES since TTTS
>>
>>60685877
So, whoever disagreee with /pol/ is a bluepill?
>>
>>60686287
no but rout is

either that or straight up autistic
>>
>>60685785
definitely their worst

just a really bad album with a few decent tracks

>Warm Smiles
>GANDHI
>HELLO TYRRANOSAURUS
>COME AND JOIN THE PARTY

system meltdown was alright but lyrics were really cringe

Arguing With Thermometers had a great chorus but still cringey lyrics

i really liked the instrumentals on pack of thieves
>>
>>60686668
The tracks on greentext are supposed to be the decent trakcs? 'Cause Warm Smiles is incredible, but Gandhi and Sssnakepit are pretty meh
>>
>>60685158
I'm also sick of people comparing ES to Blood Stain Child
>>
Yeah yeah they're making nice music until they are not
>>
>>60686779
>Gandhi
>Sssnakepit
>meh
What the actual fuck, dude?
>>
>>60687460
Sssnakepit sounds like Drowning Pool
>>
>>60687609
>>60687460
Well, it doesn't sound like Drowning Pool at all, but it gets boring after you listen to it for the third time
And maybe I was a bit too harsh about Gandhi, after all, forgive me senpai
>>
>>60686779
was picking out some of the cringiest lyrics, but yeah Sssnakepit is pretty bad, so is tyrannosaurus and Gandhi

Warm Smiles is really cheesy
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.