[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever get really overwhelmed and depressed at the ungodly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
File: zhKml.png (31 KB, 270x272) Image search: [Google]
zhKml.png
31 KB, 270x272
Do you ever get really overwhelmed and depressed at the ungodly amount of music you illegally download, and how little each album actually matters to you, and just delete a bunch of the non-essential stuff

Also do you ever feel guilty about pirating, I do not at all bc I already give the music industry hundreds and hundreds of dollars every year for shows and physical releases
>>
File: 1418393530348.png (51 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1418393530348.png
51 KB, 1000x1000
im going to hell
>>
>>60682919
nope, it's my music; I want it; it's mine
>>
>>60682919
go to bed riley
>>
File: metalcds.png (2 MB, 1236x557) Image search: [Google]
metalcds.png
2 MB, 1236x557
>>60682919
Yes.. I was halfway listening to SOAD's Hypnotize when I felt guilty so went out to buy it and continue listening. I've bought lots of CD's and prefer having the physical copy than it just being on my computer.
>>
>>60682919

ive never illegally downloaded anything. i buy all my music.
>>
>>60682919
I don't feel guilty at all. I like downloading and pruning my library over time. Sadly I also end up listening to the same tracks over and over again.
>>
>>60682919
I do. But then I go ahead and do it anyway.

I've pirated thousands upon thousands of songs, movies, TV shows, eBooks and software. I've been doing it for over 10 years now, and despite the mild guilt, I'm so used to it, I'm pretty numb.
>>
File: Sybreedalbum.png (846 KB, 957x446) Image search: [Google]
Sybreedalbum.png
846 KB, 957x446
>>60683427
It isn't illegal to download IF there are bonus tracks that you can't get or weren't released worldwide on an album tho. But if you can track that album version down.. then it sure feels awesome
>>
Streaming is destroying the music industry worse than pirating anyway.
>>
>>60682919
I stream like 90% of what i listen to now so at least the artists get something from me
it's still only like $.001 but whatever, it's more than if i had pirated their toonz
>>
File: TreemanColoredVinyl.png (2 MB, 1139x582) Image search: [Google]
TreemanColoredVinyl.png
2 MB, 1139x582
>>60683508
Yes I hate things like itunes. Why would anyone prefer buying it online than having the actual CD, booklet etc?
>>
>>60683523
I can't tell whether you're being serious or not. I rarely buy vinyls myself, usually only for collection purposes, and supporting them feels nice too.
>>
>>60682919

No.

On my computer I have 5125 albums (this includes all LPs, EPs, splits, compilations, demos, etc.). I own roughly 1863 physical albums, most of them being LPs and 7" EPs. I've spent multiple thousands of dollars a year for the last 10 years (I had no money before that so it was more like low multiple hundreds of dollars per year) on either records, shows, or merch from bands (I own somewhere between 350 and 400 band shirts, I haven't counted in a while). I will never feel guilty about the amount of music I pirate because I do a hundred times more to support the bands I care about than any asshole who goes to a major fest or two each year and has a premium subscription to Spotify and pays for single songs on iTunes.
>>
>>60683587
Actually paying for singles supports the artist a lot. All those people that buy singles adds up. You'd be surprised.
>>
>>60683541
I agree. I prefer CD's. Vynyls are for collection purposes yes
>>
>>60683651
Yep. Although I'm a huge pirate myself, I'd prefer CD. Not only for digital quality, but as a backup, plus you still get the physical copy and great design. Also doesn't degrade like vinyl either. I still don't understand vinyl heads.
>>
>>60683661
>I still don't understand vinyl heads
Because you get a much BIGGER image of the cover art. What die-hard fan doesn't want that?
>>
>>60683689
No I mean people that exclusively listen to vinyl. I have a friend who only buys vinyl and listens to it all the time. Even buys rare pressings that are incredibly degraded in the name of "the artist wanting you to hear it the way it was intended". He's not even a pretentious fake hipster. He's one of the most down to earth guys I've ever met. But he loves his vinyl records. He uses spotify too for discovering music, but prefers records.
>>
>>60683702
meh I prefer a collection of CD's because they are easier to fit and stack up next to another on a shelf
>>
>>60683737
Yeah. I understand that. You can stack an easy 50-100 CD's as opposed to 15-30 records.
>>
File: TheByrdsVinyl.png (2 MB, 1236x843) Image search: [Google]
TheByrdsVinyl.png
2 MB, 1236x843
>>
File: WorldPaintedBloodVinyl.png (2 MB, 1239x925) Image search: [Google]
WorldPaintedBloodVinyl.png
2 MB, 1239x925
Gotta admit this Vinyl is pretty cool
>>
>>60683587
plen

I've got 3 terabytes of 60's pre-ambient

800 gigs of live recordings of this local band called the fuckerfucks. They played only 2 shows before breaking up but I had 11 redundant recording rigs all recording flac which I then layered over one another for 25,000 kbps bitrate.

8 terabytes of the beatles. No not THOSE beatles, the new beatles. They haven't recorded an album yet and technically they're not really a band yet but they're indie-gospel-post-funk-punk style is going to be huge when you guys hear their stuff in about 5 years.

4 petabytes of the Ethiopian Free Jazz wave that occurred in 1973 in a town called Wenji Gefersi.

18 terabytes of sound check recordings from the mid 90's band LFO. They only scored a hit with "I like girls (who wear abercrombie and fitch)" but they were way ahead of their time.

That's just my C: drive. I have 41 drives.
>>
>>60682919
I only feel bad when i don't listen to it. I usually delete albums after one album if i don't like them that much.
No, i don't feel guilty about pirating. If i have the option to buy an album i like, i will add it to a list and buy it when i feel like spending the money (which is quite frequent, thanks to bandcamp). It's stupid to restrict yourself because of the shitty music business which only favor the profit of third-party companies and blame pirates for "not supporting the artist" when they are no better themselves.
>>
>>60683992
what the fuck
>>
>>60683498
>It isn't illegal to download IF there are bonus tracks that you can't get or weren't released worldwide on an album tho.
do you actually believe this
>>
>>60682919
>deleting music
jesus op get your shit together,
anyway I listen to everything looking for certain sounds to sample or get inspired by for my songwriting.
>>
The majority of music I download and don't listen to is music that I either wouldn't buy or can't buy. So no one has lost any sales.

If I really like an album, I'll buy it. Usually on vinyl (I just like having something physical). An so people get the sales.

So the answer is no.
>>
>>60682919
lol no, i'm entitled to free music.
>>
>>60684835
stalkeroni
>>
File: Los-Angeles-Skyline-1.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Los-Angeles-Skyline-1.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
>>60682919
the internet/pirating/youtubing

makes it so you don't actually appreciate music.
Theres a whole generation that won't have the special feel of having a piece of music do something really deep, emotional, intellectual, inspirational, etc.

youngfags will dispel this as stupid oldfag bullshit but I'm convinced they will never know some really amazing shit that music can do because it's availability

music (and shit like movies) is literally worthless these days

and no, buying some indiefag shit on a record for cred will never give you that feel
>>
>>60684941
>durr young people are stupid and can't feel things

kill u r self my man
>>
>>60684972
didn't say that

you happen to be stupid, not all young people are stupid

I obviously implied they can get the feel but the post is saying they won't because of the way music is distributed/valued these days
>>
File: spurzum.png (377 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
spurzum.png
377 KB, 450x450
>>60683395
>six feet under
>pain
>sybreed
>nightwish
>recent samael
>cannibal corpse
>>
>>60684297
newfag hasn't seen copypasta
>>
>>60684941
this implies that the music itself doesn't carry any emotional value in which case the music is shit
>>
>>60684941
The most depressing thing is that there are actually people that think the way you do
>>
I KNOW IT
YOU ARE A PLEB
AND A CASUAL TOO
STOLE THE TASTE THAT YOU HAVE
FROM REDDIT.COM

what did he mean by this?
>>
No, I buy all my music (seriously, I'm a faggot)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.