[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, as a person trying to get into vinyl, am I an autist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Audio Technica AT-LP60.jpg (125 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Audio Technica AT-LP60.jpg
125 KB, 1500x1500
Hey /mu/, as a person trying to get into vinyl, am I an autist for getting a player like this?
>>
>>60681075
Get the ATLP120. The LP60 doesn't have an adjustable counterweight.
>>
No, you need to at least get a LP120.
>>
go used. anything thats in your price range new is shit
>>
>>60681075
I would really stay away from this, the tone arm on it is shit
>>
OP here, do you guys use headsets for your player, if so, which one?
>>
>>60681090
>>60681124
>>60681222
>>60681200
see, this is what happens when you do nothing but browse /mu/ and actually learn about your gear

Yes, it is good to have an adjustable tonearm on your turn table. That being said, the tonearm on the lp60 has the appropriate tracking force for your normal listening sessions.

I wouldn't play records on it non-stop if you care about the condition of the records, but throwing them on there a few times a month wouldn't hurt them.
>>
>>60681267
and to answer this question, I prefer speakers but if you want to use headphones, it depends on what you're looking for. There's a bunch of guides on the internet for headphones. You can always go with the akg k240 mkII, they're very flat though so don't expect any booming basses or sharp high-ends. They're just good for clarity and hearing the music the way the artist intended.
>>
>>60681267
Oh my god, I'm so sick of you fucking kids falling for the vinyl aesthetic. Vinyl as a format is garbage, digital is superior in every way. If you did not grow up listening to records, then there is no point in investing in the format. The only thing vinyl is good for is a nostalgia trip down snap, crackle, and pop lane. Also if you are serious about getting into vinyl,you should at the very least be looking at the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, anything that cost less is not worth the price and will sound terrible. Do not get the ATLP60 and if you do purchase the ATLP120 You will have to replace the cartridge to get decent SQ out of it and even then the built in preamp will still suck.
>>
What about this? Has a counter weight.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/all-tv--home-entertainment/sherwood/sherwood-pm9805-turntable/15566/
>>
>>60682798
That one is belt driven. You can get an lp120 for $250 and it has direct drive. For a low end table you probably don't want a giant rubber band powering the the whole thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.