[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most overrated song? Most underrated song? For me it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Let It Be.jpg (300 KB, 647x648) Image search: [Google]
Let It Be.jpg
300 KB, 647x648
Most overrated song?

Most underrated song?

For me it's
>A Day in the Life
>It's All Too Much
>>
>Imagine by The Beatles

>And You And I by Yes
>>
>>60679896
this album sucked so bad. convince me otherwise.
>>
>>60679896
>Most overrated song?
Something. I love it but George Harrison had several songs in The Beatles that were better.

>Most underrated song?
All I've Got To Do
>>
>>60680326
The history behind its creation is what makes it fascinating for me.
>>
>>60681158
People say Phil Spector fucked it up but I think his production added a wacky, camp charm to the album that I like.
>>
>>60681181
I used to be staunchly in favor of the Naked versions, but the originals aren't too bad. Across the Universe did get fucked though.

I wish Don't Let Me Down was in the original listing.
>>
>Hey Jude
>also It's All Too Much
Based Harrison
>>
Also I know most people hate the early stuff but I really enjoy I Should Have Known Better and If I Fell.
>>
>>60681256
The entire album is GOAT, easiy one of their best.
>>
>>60681256
>Also I know most people hate the early stuff
literally only contrarians
>>
>>60681368
Fuck off pleb.
>>
>>60681206
The Long and Winding Road got fucked even harder.

>>60681415
contrarian
>>
>>60681442
Agreed, but it's listenable for me. I kinda like the horns in some spots.

I straight up can't listen to the original Across the Universe, it just sounds wrong because of the speed meddling. Also the ugly choir voices.
>>
>>60681495
I can't either. It's my favorite song of all time. I still firmly believe Specter ruined the album and the Naked version is the proper album. The one thing I'll give the original over Naked is that Naked kind of saps some of the fun out of the album, especially John fucking around in the studio. The original was more comfy, but Naked was actually produced right.
>>
>>60681557
Comfy's definitely the word to describe it. I love the studio chatter. I wish the original sounded as crisp and nice as the Naked mixes, which they cleaned up pretty extensively. The 2009 remaster sounds nice though.

I read an interview from Michael Lindsey-Hogg that said a Blu-ray release of the movie might be on the horizon. That'd be great.
>>
>>60681627
Hey that would be pretty neat.
>>
Penny Lane

I Want To Tell You
>>
>Strawberry Fields Forever
>Yer Blues
>>
>Let it Be
>Long, Long, Long or I Want to Tell You (Harrison has loads of great songs)
>>
>>60679896
>Yesterday
>Blue Jay Way
>>
Harrison > McCartney > Ringo >>>>>>>>>> Lennon
>>
>>60679896
>Let it Be
>Rain
>>
>>60682835
lennon > mccartney > harrisson >>>>>>> ringo

don't fuck with the formula brian
>>
>>60682920
stop posting paul
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.