[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't this song on the album? https://www.youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Why wasn't this song on the album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9b9UhFe6Eg
>>
>>60676279
wouldn't fit anywhere
>>
>>60676301

Pretty much this, not enough space on the LP or even original CDs, which is a bit of ashame as it's a decent song and important for fleshing out Rogers story.

They should have scrapped Young Lust and had Tigers instead
>>
>>60676279
Not sure, but it always pissed me off that it wasn't in it. This song should have been on it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS_FCbQ-okM
>>
>>60676390
but Young Lust is a direct setup for One Of My Turns
>>
>>60676448
I might be wrong. But Young Lust was one of the most distracting songs on the album. It sounded so different form the rest.
>>
>>60676519
that I'll grant you, but thematically it's key to that part of the album.Along with Empty Spaces, it sets up the idea of wanting to fill a void in your life with sex/material consumption and then One Of My Turns is the ultimate failure of that idea, as the void grows even more and furthers the building of the wall. The jarring, more rocky nature of the song is mostly just to fit in with the narrative at that point, with Pink being a famous rock star.
>>
>>60676279
shitty b side shit that wound up on final cut
>>
>>60676403
>It was originally intended to be on their 1979 album The Wall, and appeared in demo versions of The Wall, but was omitted[1] due to the time restraints of the vinyl format. In its place is a much shorter song, titled "Empty Spaces", which segues directly into "Young Lust". This was a last-minute decision; the album's sleeve notes still feature the song in its track listing, and include its lyrics.
>>
>>60676279
It ended up being on the reissue of The Final Cut and actually works really well in that context

The segue from One of the Few into this track is really good
>>
>>60676279
iirc Roger Waters said it was too personal for the album, but made more sense in the film as it's a story about one guy.
>>
>>60676838
They should've restored it for the CD reissues, in that case. Unless the demo's the only studio recording they made of it, I guess.

>>60677052
Musically and thematically it fits on The Final Cut, but the placement is confusing. The whole first side of the album was originally about the shellshocked vet who becomes the cruel schoolteacher from The Wall, but then Tigers just got dropped right in the middle of his story with no context.
>>
>>60677378
Really? I always though both disc were about Pink.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.