[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: thestrokes.jpg (77 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
thestrokes.jpg
77 KB, 900x600
What went wrong?
>>
>>60672344
Everything
>>
Julian Casablanca's voice
>>
Is this it was great, room on fire was okay. Been all downhill since.
>>
>>60672344
pretty consistent band honestly
>>
>>60673203
I think you're lying
>>
Was just listening to Comedown Machine, pretty great album actually. Kind of foreshadows the sound he ends up going for with the Voidz.
>>
>>60673228
He said he was being honest. Let's leave it at that, pal.
>>
>>60673372
But someone said on the internet that I should never trust anything on the internet
>>
>>60673228
just get out of my fucking head Mike, I don't want to have sex with you
>>
>>60673236

Good album except for that mixing, everything sounds way too tightly compressed
>>
Why did they stop writing songs about one night stands, love triangles, and liberal drug use?
>>
>>60673815
Because all those activities also stopped
>>
>>60672344
not much really. slow animals is one of their greatest songs ever.
>>
File: 1438926203510.jpg (29 KB, 413x367) Image search: [Google]
1438926203510.jpg
29 KB, 413x367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7CgkV27Fm0
>>
>>60674451
>the most bored looking band ever
>>
Is This It > Room on Fire > Comedown Machine > First Impressions of Earth = Angles

Is This It: 9/10
Room on Fire: 8/10
Comedown Machine: 7.5/10
First Impressions of Earth: 7/10
Angles: 7/10

fite me irl desu
>>
>>60674551
Accurate tbqh
>>
teenage girl who think she knows about indie starter band, other than that really good band.
>>
Casablancas wasn't as tight with the rest of the band as he probably once previously thought. They've really only had just enough energy to write one good debut followed by a decent follow up that consists of songs that were probably written during the same time as the debut. Then the rest is history, although they've still managed to write a few decent songs here and there, though it has been spotty.
>>
nothing except fioe/angles

comedown machine is actually pretty good
>>
>>60674551
Subtract 1.5 from everything and yeah
>>
>>60674551
100%agree senpai
>>
>>60675521
>Nothing except for 2/5ths of their discography
That's kind of a problem anon
>>
>>60675649
i mean theyre not awful, some good songs on both of those albums

julian is still legit though, phrazes is decent and tyranny is very good
>>
>>60672344
I feel like Tyranny is the kind of album Julian wanted FIoE to be but the audience/label/rest of the band wanted something more commercial and it just turned out bloated, inconsistent, and really kind of soul-less desu
>>
>>60674551
Subtract 6.5 from everything and yeah
>>
>>60673643
get that vinyl rip nigguh
There's an uploaded link somewhere
>>60673815
>>60672344
because albert is fucking square and boring and Jules quit drinking
Also Nick is square and boring now but still looks amazing( no homo)
Used to be a huge fan but now eh..I've moved on.
I think I've moved on from contemporary guitar-heavy music in general. It just seems as if guitar-driven music has been explored enough and just sounds relevant if it's merely an element of production in a different context.
Anyone else know what I mean? This comes from a guitarist too
>Rap the new Rock n Roll
>>
>>60672344
European pilgrims colonised the Americas
>>
>>60675163
>Casablancas wasn't as tight with the rest of the band as he probably once previously thought.

My same thoughts
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.