[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How true is pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: rockism.png (125 KB, 989x981) Image search: [Google]
rockism.png
125 KB, 989x981
How true is pic related?
>>
very true

liked, favorited, subscribed
>>
>>60669273
Actually modern music sucks because its harmonically and melodically retarded. All people care about now is a beat they can shake their degenerate ass to. Also thanks to computer DAW recording rather than written out structure most songs have one 10-15 second bassline that repeats over and over and over. Best excuse for a bridge would be the stupid dubstep style buildup in every fucking song.

This all happened because as music creation became available to the uneducated, non instrumentalist, it instantly lowered itself to a common denominator that every dumbass can "sing" along to.

Also rock and blues in general was the beginning of this problem but now its hit rock bottom with hip hop/rap
>>
>>60669273
somebody should have edited for clarity and brevity that rambling blob of text before making an image of it

it's far from making a point
>>
>>60669273

True, but poptimists go as far as accusing someone of liking full albums a rockist
>>
File: 1447263906568.jpg (279 KB, 982x848) Image search: [Google]
1447263906568.jpg
279 KB, 982x848
>>60669445
>melodically retarded
>>
>>60669273
Looks good, but /mu/ seems to define rockism as a preference for rock music and holding high regard to concept albums and contempt of commerical top 40 music.

Example:

>This album is shit. Mainstream commercial thrash.
>You're such a lewronggeneration rockist lmao
>>
>>60669508
If you don't like it just come out and say it.
>>
>>60669445
>modern music sucks
Maybe you should listen to more music
>>
>>60669592
Confirmed for not having a single counter argument other than some half baked gay joke. This just goes to show you the type of depraved faggots who call themselves "poptimists"

Also you people do realize that poptimism was only started in music criticism because people started to realize that without going out of your way to accept the most commercial of the commercial music, music criticism would become pointless in this world of too much music and far spread out tastes. People want a cultural zeitgeist and will perform mental gymnastics to feel like theyre part of something
>>
>>60669752
>>>/trash/

How's that for a counter argument?
>>
>>60669273
True for some.

I don't listen to things like rap or electronica often, but I will never say that they are not "real music" because they all have their place. I'll also never say that someone has shit taste in music because they listen to something I'm not a fan of, because I don't listen to it, and am therefore not well-versed in it.

The other issue of in-fighting is 100% accurate. It's what is killing the metal community.
>>
>>60669710
Well actually im talking about modern popular music i guess. Im well aware of the huge world of quality music being made today, but you should take a step back and realize that all of that creative and innovative music is selling literally nothing. Anyone who listens to enough music to actually appreciate the real vanguard shit doesnt buy their music because theyd be broke
>>
File: 1447884100797.gif (1 MB, 200x182) Image search: [Google]
1447884100797.gif
1 MB, 200x182
>>60669752
>>
>>60669445
Alright then bud. What music do you listen to? Instead of writing off entire genres of music, why don't you find me a genre of music not inspired by the blues or rock you depise? Unless you listen to only classical, You cannot do it. I dare you to try buckeroo
>>
>>60669794
Better than the last one but you still have yet to refute any of my points. Its so funny how the poptimist movement folds and resorts to insults after anyone dares question their precious taste
>>
>>60669273
I thought "rockism" refereed to the refusal to acknowledge the existence (let along listen to) other contemporary forms of music. A rockist will acknowledge jazz and classical, but only in so far as listening to prog rock influenced by the aforementioned.
>>
>>60669273
What the fuck is wrong with this generation? Back in the good times, rock and metal was generally accepted to be of superior musical value than most genres. Now, when someone mentions rock/metal, most believe him to be an insecure pretentious teenager. Where did it all go so wrong? Rockstars used to be considered the epitome of cool back then...
>>
>>60669710
Mainstream modern music does suck.
>>
>>60670044
It's hip to be square again.
>>
>>60670044
Because you cared
>>
I don't know why poptimists try to force their viewpoint, if a guy doesn't want to listen to rap, as long as he isn't going into some rant about "muh wrong gen" or generalizing genres, who really gives a damn, it's just music.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.