[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boards of Canada Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: geogaddi.jpg (219 KB, 1000x910) Image search: [Google]
geogaddi.jpg
219 KB, 1000x910
Fans of BOC, get in here

>Favorite album
>Favorite song
>Favorite moment
>Ever attempt to find them in Scotland?
>>
>>60664779
>Favorite album
Geogaddi
>Favorite song
Roygbiv or Julie and Candy
>Favorite moment
The minute the beat comes in on Gyroscope
Nah

I'm getting back into them heavily for the first time in a few years. They're music is a standard for me I'm trying to reach as a musician in terms of wholly crafted albums and my own musical style
>>
bumping for muh analog nostalgia vibes
>>
>>60664779
Geodaddy
Red Moss
>>
geogaddi

current fav song is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbW09-_V48 if it even counts.. I love having it on repeat for like an hour.. otherwise In a Beautiful Place is god tier

ORANGE

no
>>
>Favorite album
Geogaddi
>Favorite song
Peacock Tail
>Favorite moment
When the orgasm sound happens in Dawn Chorus
Nope
>>
>>60664979
Love IABP song, tripping to it is an experience. Was just listening to Aquarius (peel session). The ending of the song sounds like a loop Animal Collective would use during the Feels era
>>60665015
>When the orgasm sound happens in Dawn Chorus
I know exactly what you're talking about
>>
File: Cover.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>Favorite album
Twoism
>Favorite song
Sixtyniner
>Favorite moment
The high note in sixtyniner 1:10-1:30
>>
>>60665100
Nice dubs. There's something inherently amazing about Twoism and to an extent Sixtyniner. It's melancholia mixed with nostalgia is beautiful, also that climb from 1:10-1:30 you pointed out is awesome, I love when music just drops save for a melody
>>
>Music Has The Right To Children
>Happy Cycling
>ORANGE
>Nah, but I'm gonna.

They are such a great group. I really enjoy when they get funky, or extremely textural. Another fave of mine is Forest Moon off of A Few Old Tunes.
>>
>>60665222
Trips speak the truth. A Few Old Tunes is underrated, but shows their potential of where they were to go
>>
>Geogaddi
>1969
>someone mentioned in previously but the orgasm sound in dawn chorus is fucking heavenly
>well I've never attempted to but it seems like something to add to the bucket list

my team is bottom of the league and losing 3-1 and I just need some BoC to cheer me up bros
>>
>>60665128
>>60665232
I admire your effort in discussing BoC dude. It's not really easy.

What do you guys like best about their work? Do you appreciate their long-playing records or their individual tracks the most? Do you buy into their stuff as conceptual, or do you just like lush tunes? Lo-fi Boards or hi-fi Boards? Do you think we'll see another album from them? Do you want one? Why did they rid XYZ from the Peel Session? Do you wish they did longer ambient tracks? Why did they get less melodic as they went on?
>>
>>60665456
Don't really know what question I'm answering here.. you're not asking me directly anyway but here's some words

Sometimes I get into one album for a while (and only play that album) or just one song.. other times I play some good songs on shuffle and sometimes I just play their albums from start to finish.
They're all over the place for me at different times.
>>
>Favorite album
Geogaddi
>Favorite song
Probably 1969
>Favorite moment
The switch to the coda on Chromakey Dreamcoat
One day, lads

Another question
>What's your favorite short/interlude track by them?
Sundown
>>
>>60665456
>What do you guys like best about their work?
Oh boy, uhh the time the take to craft melodies and albums, their sound was unlike most stuff in the 90's. It wasn't breakbeat, it wasn't IDM, it was this weird conglomoorate of analog nostalgia (best way I can put it)
>Do you appreciate their long-playing records or their individual tracks the most?
Both, to put it simply I love roygbiv as well as the equencing of tracks from the beginning to the end of the album (MHTRTC). I get excited when tracks Segway from one to the next
>Do you buy into their stuff as conceptual, or do you just like lush tunes?
Lush tunes. If it makes it easier I like Geogaddi more that tomorrow's harvest
>Lo-fi Boards or hi-fi Boards?
Lofi always
>Do you think we'll see another album from them?
Yes at least one more, they have something grand in mind. As a musician there's always one pet project people want to do
>Do you want one?
Duh
>Why did they rid XYZ from the Peel Session?
Not sure
>Do you wish they did longer ambient tracks?
I prefer the busier melodic driven tracks
>Why did they get less melodic as they went on?
Not sure, bums me out a bit but they always have a nice balance of melodic and ambient stuff. I mean their phase as a more soundscape group only occurred with tomorrow's harvest, doesn't mean they won't do stuff like MHTRTC again
>>
File: 1436248698832.jpg (51 KB, 450x349) Image search: [Google]
1436248698832.jpg
51 KB, 450x349
>Geogaddi
>Music Is Math
>Hi Scores intro
>no but maybe in future.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.