[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it's okay you don't have to hide anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: zep4.jpg (47 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
zep4.jpg
47 KB, 640x424
ITT: Artists you like that /mu/ hates

>Led Zeppelin
>Sublime
>>
Pretty much every artist I like someone in /mu/ hates.
>>
>>60663986
I hate you
>>
>>60663979
The first LedZep album is great.
The rest is pretty meh.

And i like Reggae as a whole

fuck dem niggas
>>
I never really understood the appeal behind Sublime. Sounds like a bored white suburban cover band of Bob Marley.
>>
>>60664097
I personally can't enjoy anything after Physical Graffiti, and even on that album hearing Plant hit high notes was awful. The drugs made them very hit and miss after awhile.
>>
>>60664120
Stoner music, it doesn't really appeal to anyone who hasn't smoked weed at least once in their life.
>>
>>60664144
>Stoner music, it doesn't really appeal to anyone who hasn't smoked weed at least once in their life.

What about Kyuss and King Tubby though?
The pinnacle of Stoner music
>>
>>60664120
i hope we can have an actual bob marley thread on /mu/ someday that isn't derailed by DUDE WEED LMAO shitposting
>>
>>60664097
>LedZep
>Reggae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZHWy6W00oM
>>
I like Led Zeppelin and the Beatles but I'm also not a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>60664194
I said reggae responding to the first question in the OP

Nothing to do with my opinion on LedZep
>>
>>60664181
I think that's what heaven will look like. I hate that most people only remember him for weed and not the genuine positivity of his music.
>>
>>60663979
I love sublime
>>60664120
Have you listened to Robbin The Hood? I don't exactly blame you for not digging into their catalog, but songs like Santeria, What I Got, and Caress Me Down don't really give the whole picture. Robbin has a lot more dub and punk influence, and the interludes add a lot of flavor
>>
>>60663979
/mu/ probably hates Mystery Skulls
>>
>>60664199
of course youre not contrarian. the beatles and loopzoop are massively popular and have been for ~half a century. its the people who try to pretend to claim not to like them who are the contrarians, and theyre literally just posturing shitposters who cant bring themselves to be seen to admit liking anything popular. the same thing will run through their whole "taste" in music, they'll always choose the less popular, "alternative" option, every single time. in any single instance that could be just a personal preference, coincidence or whatever but when its a clear trend you know the person is intentionally constructing a "taste" in order to maintain a certain image and cant be trusted to offer a genuine opinion.
>>
The Wonder Years.
>>
>>60664120
Perspective. I grew up in a shitty surf ghetto in Atlantic Beach Florida, when I heard that Badfish and What I Got for the first time I instantly dug it because I lived it.
>>
>>60664173
>thinking he knows anything about people and what they listen to
man ur autism is showing
>>
>>60664120
It's like if the FX show Terriers was a band
>>
>>60664144
yeah, but there's so much better stoner music out there
>>
>>60664441
That doesn't mean you can't listen to both...
>>
File: 51pyZFUXp9L.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51pyZFUXp9L.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>60664181
reggae threads in general, there are so many fucking overlooked gems in the genre
>>
>>60664194
Or you know, dyer mker
>>
>>60664486
Mu has a serious Reggae/Dub/Dancehall deficiency
>>
>>60664486
>>60664552
They really dont know what they've been missing all this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvYSYOKFCbk
>>
Counting Crows
Iron and Wine
Coldplay?
Radiohead??
>>
Kpop
>>
>>60664552
It's true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcG4G5t2uKQ
>>
>>60664552
that's probably because reggay is shit
>>
>>60664683
go back to your thread faggot. we don't like your kind around here
>>
>>60663986
This. It's the never ending circle of /mu/.
>>
Linkin Park (but only Hybrid Theory)
90's Korn
First 2 Foo Fighters albums
I guess Led Zeppelin, but honestly I didn't know /mu/ hated them
Does /mu/ hate Tool? I think Tool is consistently great.
Nirvana gets mixed praise here, and I think they are great as well.
>>
Queen, but only their 70s stuff.
>>
I enjoy pretty much all of the Queen hits. Mainly because they're fun to sing along to with friends when you're drunk.
>>
>>60665590
>reggay
Aw jeez it's past your bedtime
>>
>>60665779
I've always had a soft spot for some of the songs on Innuendo
>>
>>60665590
are you happy that your kind are allowed to marry now?
>>
>>60665736
i've seen people criticize plant's vocals very often here, going as far to blame him for the high pitched 80's glam squealing but I can see where they're coming from with that.
>>
File: Reaction106.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Reaction106.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
>>60664683
PLEASE explain to me why you and hundreds of other people here like that, are you guys being ironic? Are we missing out on some big joke? Or is it all about waifus or some shit? Or do you seriously enjoy it?
>>
Tool and A Perfect Circle
Pearl Jam
Motorhead
The big 4 of Thrash
EDM

whatever
>>
>>60665864
i never understood why some minority bash plant here, he has so much magnetism and few others manage to portray drama like "whole lotta love"
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1200x675
NOT SHITE
O
T

S
H
I
T
E
>>
The White Stripes, especially Elephant.
>>
>>60666814
Solid band, especially their early years
>>
>>60664131
Plant would take shots of whiskey and tobasco as well as chain smoke to get his voice all raspy before gigs, blew out his chords before the fifth album. Such a bummer.
>>
>>60667121
What a shame s︂︂m︂h
>>
Tame Impala
>>
Slipknot
>>
File: 1445047703560.png (77 KB, 645x702) Image search: [Google]
1445047703560.png
77 KB, 645x702
......................................................red hot chili peppers
>>
>>60670502

John is loved on /mu/
>>
>>60663979
>ctrl+F
>no limp bizkit
It's like you shitters don't even like music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajs5ul31Ea4
>>
which artist will be next for the spork meme
>>
>>60664302
I like the Beatles to some extent but Led Zeppelin is just boring to me from what I've heard of them. A few songs are fine but I don't go out of my way to listen to them. I don't get this whole thing about shitting on people who genuinely aren't interested in these massively popular bands. It's not because they're popular generally, though I'm sure there are people who feel that way.

That brand of hard rock just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
I don't know what /mu/ thinks about Panda Bear
>>
>>60670625
I think he's good

Also since you asked, you obviously didn't knew that /mu/ used to dickride on Panda and Animal Collective constantly. Shitpost threads everyday.
>>
Drake.
>>
As easy as it is to trash them on mu now, I love NMH. Easily my favorite band
>>
Guns N' Roses
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.