[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of early talk talk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 738x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 738x544
What do you think of early talk talk?
>>
>>60662249
I've yet to go through their discog but dang, It's My Life is one of the most comfy things I've ever heard
>>
>>60662249
i never liked talk talk for some reason
>>
>>60662284
>It's My Life
came here to write this
>>
The Colour of Spring and It's My Life are better than Mark Hollis
>>
LIFE'S WHAT YOU MAKEEE ITTTTTTTT
>>
Talk Talk's music has by now lodged itself in that secure timeless category - it operates outside the sphere of the Eighties+ of its creation. It's music which continues to arrest and to reward at every play and we are so lucky to have it. Personally, I'm so grateful that they provided a musical beacon of light to see me through that Dark Age of Stock, Aitken and Waterman and 'production values'.
>>
Haven't heard their debut. But...

TSoE > TCoS > Laughing Stock >= It's My Life
>>
Colour of Spring and It's My Life are good
Laughing Stock a shit
>>
SUCH A SHAYHAME
>>
File: Hollis.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Hollis.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
They never seem to be in /mu/
>>
It's all great.
>>
>>60662249
The Colour of Spring is as almost good as their later stuff, but The Party's Over and It's My Life are pretty mediocre compared to them.

Fun fact: Mark Hollis said Talk Talk only used synthesizers on their early albums because he couldn't afford acoustic instruments at the time. That means they could have done Spirit of Eden as early as 1982.
>>
File: shig.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
>2015
>people actually think SoE is better than Laughing Stock
>>
File: markshirtless2.png (760 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
markshirtless2.png
760 KB, 600x813
Laughing Stock > Spirit of Eden > The Colour of Spring > Fields & Waves > Missing Pieces > Herd of Instinct > Mark Hollis > Spoor > It's My Life > Out of Season > Asides Besides > The Party's Over
>>
Time It's Time from The Colour of Spring is a 10/10
>>
>>60663297
It is.

At the end of the day Laughing Stock is just a SoE rehash with Tago Mago percussion.
>>
>>60663636
Agreed.

>>60663367
Didn't heard the O'Rang albums, but overall I agree (except for Asides Besides that low, John Cope is one of Talk Talk best song imo).

Also, for all those who don't want to lose time listening to their 3 first albums, just listen to this amazing live that cover most of this stuff, with better quality than in studio :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNIIOr3g8lQ
>>
>>60662348
you are actually correct on that one good sir. minus the equal sign
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.